Jan 08 2007
By: metalmulitia510~ Wastelander 870 posts

network file sharing...

7 replies 2 views Edited Jan 8, 2007
i was wondering if anyone knew how to setup a home network so i can share my files with multiple computers cause i wanna put my itunes library on my desktop and its on my laptop
Image hosting by Photobucket
Message 1 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5128 posts

Re: network file sharing...

Jan 8, 2007
i think
you just need to connect both to a router and set the music folder to share folder properties>>>sharing

...i think
Written in very small characters one word, which could be deciphered, but it was hard to tell whether it should be read as independent or interdependent

PSU handle: NewbieSmack
Gaming PSN handle: Mistah_Kurtz
Message 2 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
585 posts

Jan 8, 2007
what you need to do is hook it up to your breaker box 220 plug and itll do it automatically. lol jk.....to make it simple you should just burn all ur music to CD's and then rip the music using I-tunes.

The grass is always greener on the other side, unless JamesPond has been there. In that case the grass is most likely soaked in blood and tears.
Message 3 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17115 posts

Jan 8, 2007
You are connected to each other via router, hub, direct cable correct?
Start > All Programs > Acessories >Communications > Network Setup Wizard
It will then step by step ask you what you want to do, and make sure you choose the one that allows you to share files. Then in you Network Places folder you will see that computer's shared folder. From there, it's just a drag and drop back and forth however you wish.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
18648 posts

Jan 8, 2007

Hybrid oo7 wrote:
It will then step by step ask you what you want to do, and make sure you choose the one that allows you to share files. Then in you Network Places folder you will see that computer's shared folder. From there, it's just a drag and drop back and forth however you wish.

But remember if he has a firewall it might not allow the other computers to access that computer with a firewall unless he configures it.
Message 5 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9674 posts

Jan 8, 2007

JamesPond wrote:
what you need to do is hook it up to your breaker box 220 plug and itll do it automatically. lol jk.....to make it simple you should just burn all ur music to CD's and then rip the music using I-tunes.

thats 15 times more complicated and takes 100 times longer, than using sharing

Message 6 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17115 posts

Jan 8, 2007

aznsniper911 wrote:

Hybrid oo7 wrote:

But remember if he has a firewall it might not allow the other computers to access that computer with a firewall unless he configures it.

Oh yes. At a LAN party we were trying to exchange patches to games so we all were the same version. Firewalls were a pain in the ass.
Photobucket
Message 7 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
18648 posts

Jan 8, 2007

Hybrid oo7 wrote:
Oh yes. At a LAN party we were trying to exchange patches to games so we all were the same version. Firewalls were a pain in the ass.

Thats why I dont' have any!
Message 8 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes