Oct 02 2007
By: Shnooby2~ Uncharted Territory 2118 posts

my Halo 3 review

27 replies 1 views Edited Oct 2, 2007
    good but not great.  I loved Halo 1, I hated Halo 2.  I was hoping Halo 3 would bring back good memories.  It was an ok experience.  I played through the single player co-op and here is my first complaint.  WHY THE HELL CAN'T YOU DO 4 PLAYER SPLIT SCREEN CO-OP?  Second complaint, the graphics are bad.  How could game sites say this is an amazing looking game.  NOTHING HAS A FREAKING SHADOW, atleast when your playing co-op.  Maybe it's different when your by yourself.  In some levels your own character will have a shadow but only you can see it.  Your co-op buddy can't see it.  Enemies don't have shadows.  Now, having a shadow doesn't make or break a game, but when I play a "next gen" game that gets nearly perfect scores, I expect there to be perfection in every aspect of the game.  Even Warhawk has shadows when your playing online with 32 other people so the is no excuse for Halo to not have them.  Thirdly, the multiplayer sux hard.  The gameplay is ok, but the maps just are awful.  They are so limited and small.  When you fly a banshee you can only go like 20 feet in the air because of invisible walls.  The biggest map is sandtrap and it is not even a tenth of the size of any map in warhawk.  None of these maps are fun to play.  I think the main problem is the fact that the xbox 360 uses DVD's so the disc doesn't haven enough space to make good stuff.  On the plus, the gravity hammer is really fun, and I love the fact that they brought back the old physics from Halo 1 a.k.a.  warthogs flipping like crazy when hit by grenade.  But this game is no way near what I expected it to be and it is NOT next gen.  overall - 7/10

Message 1 of 28 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6137 posts

Re: my Halo 3 review

Oct 2, 2007

Shnooby2 wrote:
    good but not great.  I loved Halo 1, I hated Halo 2.  I was hoping Halo 3 would bring back good memories.  It was an ok experience.  I played through the single player co-op and here is my first complaint.  WHY THE HELL CAN'T YOU DO 4 PLAYER SPLIT SCREEN CO-OP?  Second complaint, the graphics are bad.  How could game sites say this is an amazing looking game.  NOTHING HAS A FREAKING SHADOW, atleast when your playing co-op.  Maybe it's different when your by yourself.  In some levels your own character will have a shadow but only you can see it.  Your co-op buddy can't see it.  Enemies don't have shadows.  Now, having a shadow doesn't make or break a game, but when I play a "next gen" game that gets nearly perfect scores, I expect there to be perfection in every aspect of the game.  Even Warhawk has shadows when your playing online with 32 other people so the is no excuse for Halo to not have them.  Thirdly, the multiplayer sux hard.  The gameplay is ok, but the maps just are awful.  They are so limited and small.  When you fly a banshee you can only go like 20 feet in the air because of invisible walls.  The biggest map is sandtrap and it is not even a tenth of the size of any map in warhawk.  None of these maps are fun to play.  I think the main problem is the fact that the xbox 360 uses DVD's so the disc doesn't haven enough space to make good stuff.  On the plus, the gravity hammer is really fun, and I love the fact that they brought back the old physics from Halo 1 a.k.a.  warthogs flipping like crazy when hit by grenade.  But this game is no way near what I expected it to be and it is NOT next gen.  overall - 7/10

You could post this in my thread
Message 2 of 28 (1 View)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10305 posts

Oct 2, 2007

-PL-mike wrote:

Shnooby2 wrote:

Or we can all just not post at all, because im sure those people who were wondering about this game have already made their own opinions of it for themselves.
Message 3 of 28 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5047 posts

Oct 2, 2007

swattkidd wrote:

-PL-mike wrote:

Shnooby2 wrote:

Or we can all just not post at all, because im sure those people who were wondering about this game have already made their own opinions of it for themselves.

who are you to tell other people what they can post about? i like reading reviews from real people and not journalists.

ps to the topic creator: i'm sorry to hear your not enjoying halo 3, cuz i hear its a great game,some of that stuff u talk about does kinda blow, but im sure its worth more than a 7. anyways good points.
Proud Canadian
PSN: btkadams

Message 4 of 28 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4818 posts

Oct 2, 2007
stop with all the halo reviews!!!
"Yakshimash!"

If you love music, please join my forum!
http://allaboutthemusic.netforums.us/
Photobucket
Message 5 of 28 (1 View)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10305 posts

Oct 2, 2007

btkadams wrote:

swattkidd wrote:

-PL-mike wrote:

Shnooby2 wrote:

who are you to tell other people what they can post about? i like reading reviews from real people and not journalists.

ps to the topic creator: i'm sorry to hear your not enjoying halo 3, cuz i hear its a great game,some of that stuff u talk about does kinda blow, but im sure its worth more than a 7. anyways good points.

I didnt tell him what he can or cannot post, i just said "OR we can all just not post at all" and this didnt really seem like a review, more like a block of complaints. And who are you to tell me that i cant tell people what to post about?:smileywink:

Message Edited by swattkidd on 10-01-2007 09:15 PM
Message 6 of 28 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5047 posts

Oct 2, 2007

swattkidd wrote:

btkadams wrote:

swattkidd wrote:

-PL-mike wrote:

Shnooby2 wrote:

I didnt tell him what he can or cannot post, i just said "OR we can all just not post at all" and this didnt really seem like a review, more like a block of complaints. And who are you to tell me that i cant tell people what to post about?:smileywink:

Message Edited by swattkidd on 10-01-2007 09:15 PM

lol, point taken. but i still like reading about likes/dislikes of this game. it would solve everybody's problems if there was an unofficial halo review thread.
Proud Canadian
PSN: btkadams

Message 7 of 28 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7691 posts

Oct 2, 2007
i bet you could make a better game.
XBL Gamertag: AAABattery Syphon Filter LS: kishou
¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸ ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨
¨°º¤ø„¸ Legend ¸„ø¤º°¨
¸„ø¤º°¨ Bob Marley ``°º¤ø„¸
¸„ø¤º ``°º¤ø„¸ ¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„
Tyrone Biggums: "That's impossible Ronda, how can you sleep if you high on crack? Chinese riddle for you."
Message 8 of 28 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8116 posts

Oct 2, 2007

btkadams wrote:

Contrary, I much rather reading reviews from professional opinions than the average joe. Same thing for movies.
Message 9 of 28 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
192 posts

Oct 2, 2007
the online must be awsome
Message 10 of 28 (1 View)
0 Likes