Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Last Guardian
12751 posts

Re: more post = more respect?

Jan 28, 2007

Ashton305 wrote:
not really...i have almost 5k and i've been here for little under a year and a half...i'm pretty sure that i'm not respected by anyone here

Prettay much.
APPLE SPY
Message 31 of 120 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19357 posts

Jan 28, 2007

Aowen wrote:

Ashton305 wrote:
not really...i have almost 5k and i've been here for little under a year and a half...i'm pretty sure that i'm not respected by anyone here

Prettay much.

...neither are you
Why, yes, I was born on January 1, 1905."
Message 32 of 120 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13055 posts

Jan 28, 2007
I mainly look for join date.  I'm almost at 2 years

Death is not sad, only life never lived.
~Socrates
Message 33 of 120 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
279 posts

Jan 28, 2007
Sadly. Rankism is a huge problem in online forums, and I often suffer the most from it. I tend to post slowly so many people see me as a person that is not respected.

EDIT: FINALLY! After over three months I have finally shed from my black color and turned to a sleek, hot pink. So, thirty-seven is when a Newbie becomes a so-called "respected" member of the forums, eh? :smileytongue:

Message Edited by Kodiack on 01-28-2007 07:07 AM
Message 34 of 120 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
45517 posts

Jan 28, 2007
Not at all. I get people asking me why my post count is so high but that's down to interest, not because they respect.

Respect comes from the actions you do and if you show respect to other people too. Not from how big your post count is.
Message 35 of 120 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4565 posts

Jan 28, 2007
i think to some people on the psu, post count does get more respect.
For some, its the equal system.
For me, i gain respect through interaction. If we've had a little pm disscussion or something, you've gained more respect from me than anyother 'person' on the forums...means everyone else is like a neutral bot to me...:robothappy:
~
Message 36 of 120 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
32935 posts

Jan 28, 2007
High post count does not equal respect.  The user I had the most respect for was Guenhwyvar1000.  He was a legend over at the Ratchet boards.  He only had about 3000 posts.  I've never once seen him spam or flame anybody.  Not once ever.  His posts went into great detail, and always had the info you were looking for.  I don't think I've seen a more respected user at the PSU.  Sadly, he hasn't been here for over a year.

Any chump can make 100 posts a night.  Many of us have done that.  And there are a lot of people who have made 10,000 posts in one year.  OK, so what?  It's a number.  That doesn't earn you any respect.  Quality posts and the willingness to help others earns respect.  You have to have the knowledge and then be able to pass that knowledge on to others.  Do that and you will be respected.
Message 37 of 120 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
14294 posts

Jan 28, 2007

,Whit3boy wrote:
what do u all think?

Post count here is irrelevant in regards to respect on the forums. If you want to be respected in the community, I suggest that you treat others on the forums the same as you wish to be treated. The number of posts next to your name means absolutely nothing more other than the number of postings you've made.
Message 38 of 120 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13055 posts

Jan 28, 2007

DrGadget wrote:
High post count does not equal respect.  The user I had the most respect for was Guenhwyvar1000.  He was a legend over at the Ratchet boards.  He only had about 3000 posts.  I've never once seen him spam or flame anybody.  Not once ever.  His posts went into great detail, and always had the info you were looking for.  I don't think I've seen a more respected user at the PSU.  Sadly, he hasn't been here for over a year.

Any chump can make 100 posts a night.  Many of us have done that.  And there are a lot of people who have made 10,000 posts in one year.  OK, so what?  It's a number.  That doesn't earn you any respect.  Quality posts and the willingness to help others earns respect.  You have to have the knowledge and then be able to pass that knowledge on to others.  Do that and you will be respected.

I help people half the time :smileytongue: the other half is.... :smileysurprised:

Death is not sad, only life never lived.
~Socrates
Message 39 of 120 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6471 posts

Jan 28, 2007

Lt. Claybon wrote:
More Post Count= More Posts

That's about all it means.  You'd have to look into the quality of the particular posts before you could determine anything by looking at them.

Agreed. I've seen many posters here with high post counts, yet the quality of their posts is less than stellar. I have also seen posters here with lower post counts, and their posts are always enjoyable to read. So more post count only means more posts, and has nothing to do with the quality of those posts.
Message 40 of 120 (0 Views)
0 Likes