Fender Bender
3206 posts

Re: lucky!!

Nov 17, 2006
So basically it uses towers similar to those that provide cell-phone service to turn an entire area into a Wi-Fi hotspot correct?

That's what I got from it... And it sounds awesome.
Message 11 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1999 posts

Nov 17, 2006

kishou wrote:

psp_owns_ds wrote:
For you lazy people...
It's a type of Wifi that covers large areas, it works through towers much life cellphone service. There is no software, cables, or anything like that. Just one modem you plug into your comp. and you automatically get highspeed wireless internet. It's only in the Seattle area right now, but if it works out, they will bring it to other places.

Message Edited by psp_owns_ds on 11-15-2006 08:14 PM

good thing i live in Seattle!

Really? Lucky SOB....I wish I lived in Seattle lol. So, I suppose you will be getting it?
Message 12 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1999 posts

Nov 17, 2006

CloudStrife07 wrote:
So basically it uses towers similar to those that provide cell-phone service to turn an entire area into a Wi-Fi hotspot correct?

That's what I got from it... And it sounds awesome.

Exactly.
Message 13 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
7692 posts

Nov 17, 2006

psp_owns_ds wrote:

kishou wrote:

psp_owns_ds wrote:
For you lazy people...
It's a type of Wifi that covers large areas, it works through towers much life cellphone service. There is no software, cables, or anything like that. Just one modem you plug into your comp. and you automatically get highspeed wireless internet. It's only in the Seattle area right now, but if it works out, they will bring it to other places.

Message Edited by psp_owns_ds on 11-15-2006 08:14 PM

good thing i live in Seattle!

Really? Lucky SOB....I wish I lived in Seattle lol. So, I suppose you will be getting it?

probrably
XBL Gamertag: AAABattery Syphon Filter LS: kishou
¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸ ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨
¨°º¤ø„¸ Legend ¸„ø¤º°¨
¸„ø¤º°¨ Bob Marley ``°º¤ø„¸
¸„ø¤º ``°º¤ø„¸ ¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„
Tyrone Biggums: "That's impossible Ronda, how can you sleep if you high on crack? Chinese riddle for you."
Message 14 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes