Jan 01 2007
By: navysealrb I Only Post Everything 1287 posts

linksys. wireless router (wrt54g) NEED HELP

18 replies 2 views Edited Jan 1, 2007
bought the router yesterday and it seems to work fine (got online and downloaded some stuff with ps3 2 rooms across...) but when i download stuff from my computer which is connected to the router through ethernet it seems that it works, or is slow, or in some cases wont even start a download (in firefox in the download screen it will keep saying "starting..."     . yet when directly plug in my cable modem to my computer everything works handy dandy... what do i need to do, to download stuff at normal speeds?
Message 1 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5723 posts

Re: linksys. wireless router (wrt54g) NEED HELP

Jan 1, 2007
I got one too but, have never had any of that issue. i wish I could help you ,sorry.
Photobucket
Message 2 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3325 posts

Jan 1, 2007
Wireless isn't very good when it comes to speed. If it really bothers you, just plug in your cable modem directly every time you go on the computer.
I personally need a wireless router to go online with my PS2. The only reason I'm not getting a wired router is because my PS2 is incredibly far from my computer.
Message 3 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1287 posts

Jan 1, 2007
no no, im not wirless on my computer.. i pluged my computer into the router in one of the ports its just its weird... like when i go and download something from megaupload it just keeps saying "starting..."
Message 4 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7575 posts

Jan 1, 2007
i have the same router and excalt same problem except my psp doesnt detect my router liek all the time and i get errors on my psp. i dont know what to do either and soem times it just disconnects u and stuff.
Photobucket
Message 5 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
656 posts

Jan 1, 2007
Hmm I have the same router also, but don't know how to fix your problem, sorry. Try going to the site and ask the live customer service.
PS3 Network ID:The_Threat (Add me)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 6 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3325 posts

Jan 1, 2007
I heard the wrt54g is a really good wireless router. Maybe it's something in your firewall? (stupid idea, but worth a shot)

Message Edited by Sn4ke on 01-01-2007 06:52 PM
Message 7 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2320 posts

Jan 1, 2007
Firewall Issue I Think.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 8 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17115 posts

Jan 2, 2007

Sn4ke wrote:
Wireless isn't very good when it comes to speed. If it really bothers you, just plug in your cable modem directly every time you go on the computer.
I personally need a wireless router to go online with my PS2. The only reason I'm not getting a wired router is because my PS2 is incredibly far from my computer.

False. If you are using g wireless which is at 54 mbps, the transfer rate is well above the speed of cable or DSL (which is average around 3-5 mbps). It might add a couple of miliseconds onto the latency if anything.

Go into the router configuration page (http://192.168.1.1) and go into Applications & Gaming > DMZ and enable it to the computers IP.
Photobucket
Message 9 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3325 posts

Jan 2, 2007

Hybrid oo7 wrote:

Sn4ke wrote:

False. If you are using g wireless which is at 54 mbps, the transfer rate is well above the speed of cable or DSL (which is average around 3-5 mbps). It might add a couple of miliseconds onto the latency if anything.

Go into the router configuration page (http://192.168.1.1) and go into Applications & Gaming > DMZ and enable it to the computers IP.

I've been Pwned

How much is a wireless G router?
Message 10 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes