Treasure Hunter
7820 posts

Re: just how weak is the wii?

Mar 30, 2007

Hybrid oo7 wrote:
Looks like the AA and texture are somewhat weak. I would have to say Wii is about the graphics level of the mid life of the PS2. If I were to compare Zelda TP too GOW, they would be very similar.

I have compared them and let me tell you...it's like a completely different activity. GoW is much better. Higher resolution, better AA and AF, better lighting, better detail...everything.
Formerly "Overclocked Cellist"
Message 21 of 34 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13671 posts

Mar 30, 2007
it is true but i find the wii to be more fun, power and graphics arent everything

Message 22 of 34 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1865 posts

Mar 30, 2007

ps2#1 fan wrote:
it is true but i find the wii to be more fun, power and graphics arent everything

whatever you are smoking..............can I have some?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today Is Christians who acknowledge Jesus with their lips Then walk out the door and deny him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.- DC talk (what if i stumble)
The disease of self runs through my blood Its a cancer fatal to my soul Every attempt on my behalf has failed To bring this sickness under control
Tell me, whats going on inside of me? I despise my own behavior This only serves to confirm my suspicions That Im still a man in need of a savior-Dc talk(in the light)
Message 23 of 34 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2059 posts

Mar 30, 2007

ps2#1 fan wrote:

QFT

Madden NFL 07 for Wii got the same score as the 360 one, because it's much funner to play, even with the worse graphics.
Message 24 of 34 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2059 posts

Mar 30, 2007

Overclocked Cellist wrote:

Hybrid oo7 wrote:
Looks like the AA and texture are somewhat weak. I would have to say Wii is about the graphics level of the mid life of the PS2. If I were to compare Zelda TP too GOW, they would be very similar.

I have compared them and let me tell you...it's like a completely different activity. GoW is much better. Higher resolution, better AA and AF, better lighting, better detail...everything.

They're not that bad, actually.

GoW has textures exactly the same as TP

I am serious, GoW has the same muddy, brown textures

They're similar
Message 25 of 34 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2059 posts

Mar 30, 2007

TFTW wrote:
I wouldn't know, as far as I'm concerned they don't exist:

Nobody I know owns one
Nobody I know has talked to me about it
Haven't seen a demo in-stores

....Smiley Indifferent
Message 26 of 34 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4319 posts

Mar 30, 2007

TFTW wrote:

Nobody I know owns one

What planet do you live on? JK
HEY GUEESSS WHAT!! THIS POST MEANS NOTINHGGGG ISNT THAT JUST WONDERFUL!!!!!

+0 ftw!
Message 27 of 34 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2059 posts

Mar 30, 2007

Antman1016 wrote:

TFTW wrote:

Nobody I know owns one

What planet do you live on? JK

I don't know.

But six million have been sold...so >_>
Message 28 of 34 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1727 posts

Mar 30, 2007
Well, it's about twice the power of the GCN.  Now, most games last gen were built on engines designed for the PS2, so the GCN didn't really get it's power used to the fullest except for games like RE4 and Rougue Sqaudren II and III.  Overall it technically has more power than the Xbox, but since it doesn't have shaders built into the hardware, you probably won't be seeing as many games with tons of normal mapping as you did on the Xbox (IE Doom3, Riddick).  Still, it should be able to easily put out games that look qutie a bit better than BLACK did on the Xbox.

So, overall you should see a decent jump from last gen to the Wii, but it won't be as significant as it'll be looking at the 360 or PS3.  Super Mario Galaxy is one game coming out this year that looks definately better than last gen, and Metroid Prime 3 (when they show the updated build, we haven't seen it since September) should look really, really good compaired to what's out there now.

Madden is a weird exception though.  It looks definately worse than the PS2 version of the game, even though the Wii is definately more powerful than the PS2 and GCN (and more-so than the Xbox, if it doesn't include Normal Mapping).  However, it plays really well.  Hopefully they'll get their act together graphically for the next game.
Message 29 of 34 (2 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31107 posts

Mar 30, 2007
well its suppose to be "next gen" but its not getting GTA IV so
Message 30 of 34 (2 Views)
0 Likes