Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/27/2005
Offline
3449 posts
 

Re: is this a good laptop ( dell bulit your own )

Dec 6, 2006
like $800 i am not paying that is why so i dont want it to be much



PSN=PRODIGYPROOF
Message 11 of 32 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 03/25/2005
Offline
18648 posts
 

Re: is this a good laptop ( dell bulit your own )

Dec 6, 2006


lakers_all_theway wrote:


aznsniper911 wrote:


Hawkeyz799 wrote:


lakers_all_theway wrote:
i wont be doing much but go on the internet in save music on it in some photoshop maybe


then i think thats perfect
def go for the 1gb ram
and go for a bigger hard drive if your doing photoshop and music lol...it fills up quickly trust me...


Yeah but if he's doing photoshop why not just get the Core Duo or Core 2 Duo?Wow they charge quite a bit for their Core 2 Duo laptop even though it's quite good.


Message Edited by aznsniper911 on 12-05-2006 08:50 PM


is core duo good?


Yeah but Core 2 Duo is better but more expensive


They using a socket 939 X2 here

Message 12 of 32 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/23/2006
Offline
6819 posts
 

Re: is this a good laptop ( dell bulit your own )

Dec 6, 2006


lakers_all_theway wrote:


aznsniper911 wrote:


Hawkeyz799 wrote:


lakers_all_theway wrote:
i wont be doing much but go on the internet in save music on it in some photoshop maybe


then i think thats perfect
def go for the 1gb ram
and go for a bigger hard drive if your doing photoshop and music lol...it fills up quickly trust me...


Yeah but if he's doing photoshop why not just get the Core Duo or Core 2 Duo?Wow they charge quite a bit for their Core 2 Duo laptop even though it's quite good.


Message Edited by aznsniper911 on 12-05-2006 08:50 PM

ya i know its good my dad has it and its blazing..
but he picked the 599 version so i ASSUMED that he was on a budget
and since he only picked one upgrade - the ram - that further suppported my thought that he was on a budget...

what is the max you can spend laker?
edit: i saw your post 800 nvm
hold on lemme do some research




Message Edited by Hawkeyz799 on 12-05-2006 08:55 PM

Rome Anthem 158 = Freerider Heaven
In my time here, i have learnt that 80% of the stories that are posted on the forums have been reposted from Digg, Reddit, ect..
Message 13 of 32 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 03/25/2005
Offline
18648 posts
 

Re: is this a good laptop ( dell bulit your own )

Dec 6, 2006


lakers_all_theway wrote:
like $800 i am not paying that is why so i dont want it to be much


This his only512mb of ram though.





Message Edited by aznsniper911 on 12-05-2006 08:56 PM
Message 14 of 32 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/27/2005
Offline
3449 posts
 

Re: is this a good laptop ( dell bulit your own )

Dec 6, 2006
if i get this one can i upgrade to 1gb later?



PSN=PRODIGYPROOF
Message 15 of 32 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 03/25/2005
Offline
18648 posts
 

Re: is this a good laptop ( dell bulit your own )

Dec 6, 2006


lakers_all_theway wrote:
if i get this one can i upgrade to 1gb later?


Yeah just add 512mb later, wow they charge an extra 100 soemthing for 512mb more, how rediciulous is that?
Message 16 of 32 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/27/2005
Offline
3449 posts
 

Re: is this a good laptop ( dell bulit your own )

Dec 6, 2006


aznsniper911 wrote:


lakers_all_theway wrote:
if i get this one can i upgrade to 1gb later?


Yeah just add 512mb later, wow they charge an extra 100 soemthing for 512mb more, how rediciulous is that?



yea i think i saw like 512mb at bestbuy for $79.99



PSN=PRODIGYPROOF
Message 17 of 32 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/23/2006
Offline
6819 posts
 

Re: is this a good laptop ( dell bulit your own )

Dec 6, 2006


lakers_all_theway wrote:
if i get this one can i upgrade to 1gb later?


ya of course

i was looking at another one..
its a bit pricier but it comes with core duo & 1 gb ram with other stuff
$819
just click on the notebook next to the one you originally picked and its the lowest deal

Rome Anthem 158 = Freerider Heaven
In my time here, i have learnt that 80% of the stories that are posted on the forums have been reposted from Digg, Reddit, ect..
Message 18 of 32 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 03/25/2005
Offline
18648 posts
 

Re: is this a good laptop ( dell bulit your own )

Dec 6, 2006


Hawkeyz799 wrote:


lakers_all_theway wrote:
if i get this one can i upgrade to 1gb later?


ya of course

i was looking at another one..
its a bit pricier but it comes with core duo & 1 gb ram with other stuff
$819
just click on the notebook next to the one you originally picked and its the lowest deal


But the merom i linked him is better then the Yonah because Intel released the Yonah due to their ageing pentium M.
Message 19 of 32 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/23/2006
Offline
6819 posts
 

Re: is this a good laptop ( dell bulit your own )

Dec 6, 2006


aznsniper911 wrote:


Hawkeyz799 wrote:


lakers_all_theway wrote:
if i get this one can i upgrade to 1gb later?


ya of course

i was looking at another one..
its a bit pricier but it comes with core duo & 1 gb ram with other stuff
$819
just click on the notebook next to the one you originally picked and its the lowest deal


But the merom i linked him is better then the Yonah because Intel released the Yonah due to their ageing pentium M.


ya i didnt see your post lol

GO WITH AZN SNIPERS ITS BETTER

Rome Anthem 158 = Freerider Heaven
In my time here, i have learnt that 80% of the stories that are posted on the forums have been reposted from Digg, Reddit, ect..
Message 20 of 32 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes