3428 posts

Re: is it a good idea to bring back myspace

Jul 13, 2013

FiveFourteen wrote:

wegawhale wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:

wegawhale wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:
I used myspace back in the day when the internet was only an infant.

You realize that the internet was no means an infant by the time MySpace hit the scene, right?  

The internet was more a teenager trying tons of things at that time, and still exploring new venues.

Now we're at the period where nearly every new venue has been explored and is just being refined or offered slightly differently.

Ehh it was an infant to taday's standards in my opinion.

No it wasn't.  The internet has been around well before 2003, and the things capable by that time were already rather high.

Online gaming was becoming more of a norm (consoles offered it; Xbox Live existed), this is all before MySpace mind you.

Granted you stated in your opinion; so I guess yes, in your opinion the internet was young/infant at that time.

Factually and based on data, it wasn't.

Know what a 'opinion' is?

An excuse to make incorrect arguments and baseless statements seem okay in discussions where they clearly aren't?

Opinions are fine when it is something with little statistical backing.  I like Vanilla Ice Cream (example; I don't really care),

and I prefer it over Chocalote.  This is all preference and opinion.  No amount of statistical data can state Chocalate taste better than vanilla.  

Here you are making a statement that is in regards to time, development, and usage of a modern technology (thirty years equaling modern).  Opinion has little place when it comes to this.  You can say, "In my opinion, only white people live in Connecticut".

The issue is that is obviously wrong, and in a discussion of that matter someone would pull actual studies of the demographic living there and point out that there are at least a few other ethnicities living there.

I know what an opinion is; its something all too often used to cram incorrect arguments or statements into something and then asked for it to not be seriously judged or considered.  

Message 21 of 22 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Re: is it a good idea to bring back myspace

Jul 13, 2013

wegawhale wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:

wegawhale wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:

wegawhale wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:
I used myspace back in the day when the internet was only an infant.

You realize that the internet was no means an infant by the time MySpace hit the scene, right?  

The internet was more a teenager trying tons of things at that time, and still exploring new venues.

Now we're at the period where nearly every new venue has been explored and is just being refined or offered slightly differently.

Ehh it was an infant to taday's standards in my opinion.

No it wasn't.  The internet has been around well before 2003, and the things capable by that time were already rather high.

Online gaming was becoming more of a norm (consoles offered it; Xbox Live existed), this is all before MySpace mind you.

Granted you stated in your opinion; so I guess yes, in your opinion the internet was young/infant at that time.

Factually and based on data, it wasn't.

Know what a 'opinion' is?

An excuse to make incorrect arguments and baseless statements seem okay in discussions where they clearly aren't?

Opinions are fine when it is something with little statistical backing.  I like Vanilla Ice Cream (example; I don't really care),

and I prefer it over Chocalote.  This is all preference and opinion.  No amount of statistical data can state Chocalate taste better than vanilla.  

Here you are making a statement that is in regards to time, development, and usage of a modern technology (thirty years equaling modern).  Opinion has little place when it comes to this.  You can say, "In my opinion, only white people live in Connecticut".

The issue is that is obviously wrong, and in a discussion of that matter someone would pull actual studies of the demographic living there and point out that there are at least a few other ethnicities living there.

I know what an opinion is; its something all too often used to cram incorrect arguments or statements into something and then asked for it to not be seriously judged or considered.  

Okay, thanks for clearing that up...

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 22 of 22 (43 Views)
0 Likes