Aug 07 2013
By: Artfuldead Uncharted Territory 1396 posts

iphone for youtube videos

7 replies 72 views Edited Aug 7, 2013

So I'm making a youtube channel and I was wanting to know if I'd be ok w/ using my iphone as the camera for the videos? It shoots in hd and can send directly to youtube, but was just wondering if this is a dumb idea or an ok idea?

Should have gone with the Wii U
Message 1 of 8 (72 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7593 posts

Re: iphone for youtube videos

Aug 7, 2013

Artfuldead wrote:

So I'm making a youtube channel and I was wanting to know if I'd be ok w/ using my iphone as the camera for the videos? It shoots in hd and can send directly to youtube, but was just wondering if this is a dumb idea or an ok idea?

Many people do it. Just make sure you turn your phone sideways.

Message 2 of 8 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1396 posts

Aug 7, 2013

FiveFourteen wrote:

Artfuldead wrote:

Many people do it. Just make sure you turn your phone sideways.

Thanks I'm excited about getting things up and running ^^ I always like your responses FiveFourteen

Message 3 of 8 (64 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
17468 posts

Aug 7, 2013

Won't be the best audio, and it wont be able to hold a ton of footage, but it should work fine.

Message 4 of 8 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
186 posts

Aug 7, 2013
i post videos from my Iphone

Reya_GirlSig.jpg

Message 5 of 8 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1396 posts

Aug 7, 2013

I also have a digital camera for I guess longer videos but I was eventually going to get a sony bloggie and was hoping the iphone would do fine for the time. Also is your sig pic from Magic?

Reya_Girl wrote:
i post videos from my Iphone

Message 6 of 8 (50 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5463 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 7, 2013

+1 to all the replies so far, and, you may want to get a tripod mount for your phone, like his one:

http://www.amazon.com/ChargerCity-Exclusive-Adjustment-Easy-Adjust-Smartphone/dp/B008VI7ORA/ref=pd_c...

EDIT: I do a lot of video and audio work for one of my sites, and I can tell you that audio quality will always be an uphill battle on budget HD cameras/smartphones.  It will never be perfect.  Whenever possible, I run a separate audio feed from an off-camera mic or a lapel mic.  As time goes on, you may find that solution to work well for you.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 7 of 8 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1396 posts

Aug 7, 2013

lol funny you mention that, I literally just made a holder for the iphone lol w/ suction cups and have it hooked up to my tripod XD

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

+1 to all the replies so far, and, you may want to get a tripod mount for your phone, like his one:

http://www.amazon.com/ChargerCity-Exclusive-Adjustment-Easy-Adjust-Smartphone/dp/B008VI7ORA/ref=pd_c...

Message 8 of 8 (44 Views)