Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

Re: if you vote for president who will you vote for?

Sep 4, 2012

Well i just changed my mind about voting for romney i think i'll just go vote for alcohol on the wet/dry ballot and forget about voting for president

Message 21 of 28 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
479 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 7, 2012

Republicans and democrats in washington both have the same cooperate and wall street interests, and sadly supporting a third party candidate only amounts to a protest vote.

Let my lack of a voice be heard...!

Message 22 of 28 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

Sep 5, 2012
Im Voting for Towelie Maybe he can get Marijuana Legalized
Message 23 of 28 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7836 posts

Sep 5, 2012

DrGadget wrote:

DaletonaDave wrote:

Obama got a vote from me last time.

It'll be a cold day in that really, really hot place before he gets another one.

He sure did promise a lot and deliver nothing.  As they would say in Texas, he's all hat and no cattle.

Plus he keeps saying he has a plan to fix the economy and balance the budget, etc.  Why didn't he implement it already when the Dems owned both houses of Congress?  He could have gotten his grandma's face on the dollar bill if he really wanted.  But he didn't.

If Obama wanted to balance the budget, he could simply keep his promise that all this "temporary" extra spending were indeed temporary.  Simply cut back to 2008 spending levels.  problem solved.  But that would require that he was telling the truth back then so don't hold your breath.  Nothing is going to get fixed until Obama is pried out of the Oval Office.  He's got to go.

And Ann Coulter swears up and down that Romney isn't the undecided moderate everyone paints him to be.  She says he's like Reagan on steroids, which is what this country sorely needs right now.  In 2012 it may still be possible to fix the mess.  In 2016 it will probably be too late.

And surely Romney's plan of taxing the poor and middle class more heavily, while easing the taxes on the wealthy, or the "job creators," will help the economy recover? Is it ignorant to believe that trickle down economics will not work as they have never in the past? I don't think what the country sorely needs right now is a Reagan on steroids. But why would we even NEED a born again Reagan when all we need to do is simply cut back to 2008 spending levels? The guy has to save face by putting the nation more and more into debt.

You say Obama promises much but delivers nothing. And what does Romney do? Romney's whole campaign is based off lies. He takes an out of context quote by Obama and repeats it over and over and over again, enough that people start believing Obama actually hates small businessmen (which, surprisingly, everyone in America appears to be). 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/post/paul-ryan-fails----the-truth/2012/08/29/bbfe1eac-...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/30/fox-news-sally-kohn-paul-ryan_n_1842580.html

Read either article and tell me how you can support a man who will speak such blatant lies. 

Having the economy grow 2.6% in the first quarter of 2012 certainly means nothing is getting fixed. 

And nevermind the Dow Jones is at pre-2008 levels.

The auto industry seems to be doing well. Especially with the auto bailout that Mitt Romney strongly opposed, saying it will only prolong their death. 

Bonus article: another lie-ridden ad by the Romney campaign. http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/09/05/1127994/-Romney-campaign-blasts-Obama-for-breaking-promises...

Survivor of an earthquake, hurricane, and multiple tornadoes in one week. g@m
Halladay, Lee, Hamels, Utley, Pence, Price, Longo, Briere, Jags

Message 24 of 28 (104 Views)
PlayStation Support
6755 posts

Sep 5, 2012

Hey guys - please remember to keep it respectful in here Smiley Happy

thanks!

Message 25 of 28 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3995 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 9, 2012

IDK, Obama is was a ok President but he still have a lot work to do, In my opinion Obama is trying to help the poor and the middle class which is a good thing, but I think neither candidate will help grow the US economy by or in 4 years or a second trem because the debit it so bad it might take decades to pay it all off, and one think that ticks me off is they blame Obama for the bad economy  first of all it wasn't his fault because it was already bad before he was elected, and another thing not all presidents keep there promises things change or put off to the side. But anyway if I have to chose I would pick Obama again even though he makes to many promises and doesn't keep them to me he seems to help out the poor and middle class citizens of America more then the other party. Republicans can make all the attack ads that are full of lies, conventions, and movies all they want to but I bet if John McCain won the 2008 election the economy would probably be the same as it is today or even worse who knows?  

Message 26 of 28 (94 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9485 posts

Sep 5, 2012

I'll be voting for Obama this election because I don't feel like letting anyone else tear progress out from underneath this country. This isn't against Romney specifically (it would be a case against any opposing candidate this election), I'd just like to see Obama be able to finish what he has started (things that are GOOD for the country in my genuine opinion). We all know that Romney will spend parts of the next 4 years undoing whatever Obama has done and that's why this freaking country never gets anywhere. It's a back and forth race where, in a nearly literal sense, nothing ever gets done because of it. It's kind of embarassing. Some people in this country have some sort of hybrid of ADHD and dimentia, as far as I can tell.

Also, I'm from Massachusetts so I am actually capable of grasping the level of suck that Romney has the potential to bring. Except this time it would be on a national level instead of just one state.

I just find it hilarious that he's trying to disown Romney Care (now known as Obama Care [go figure, ladies & gents!!]) after he brought it to MA years ago. What a nice guy for refusing to take credit! Modesty for the win!!??!

Oh, and then there's the fact that Romney is severely handicapped on the front of foreign diplomacy.

In my eyes he'll just end up being something along the lines of a douchey CEO of America instead of the freaking POTUS. If there was an election for a douchey CEO position, he's got my vote. Smiley Wink

PlayStation.com MVPs: Motivated, Vigilant, Passionate.
Message 27 of 28 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55052 posts

Jan 30, 2013

Ahem you should have all voted PLYMCO_PILGRIM because Obama let part of the bush tax cuts expire and its costing me $20.00/week Smiley Tongue

Message 28 of 28 (36 Views)
0 Likes