Highlighted
May 22 2013
By: Kenji_1987 First Son 1 posts

ideas for what sony/playstation can do to gain control over the social community to beat out xbox.

2 replies 54 views Edited May 22, 2013

after listening to a lot of talk about the what sony could possibly do that would make the next gen soar above the rest.

the biggest thing sony can do, would be to set the launch sale price below 300.00$(299.99). i think this would ensure that everyone would be able to afford it; even for those who are still trying to catch up from the economy crisis.

also, something that i'm not 100% on board with right now, would be to have a monthly service charge in lue of a high initial cost to purches the machine. let face it we practically all have mobile phones of some kind. all the way down to fourth graders for emergency reasons. we all know what its like to pay for the device (which somtimes is rediculous to the point where we say, "its not unreasonable to sign the two year service contract." just so we can show off the new tech for a month or so before it becomes just another pocket warmer.) then without a second thought we dish out upwards of a few fifties to call grandma once in a while.

setting the price of the next system at 149.99 and a 'playstation plus' service agreement for 19.99/month, which gives customers a 'netflix' like experience to play any and all past gernerations of PS games, an 'itunes' unlimited listening of favorite songs, and of course not forgeting streaming of the enitre sony studio production moives and TV hits. making it the most desired enterainment device for the next decade, to me, would send sony and playstation through the roof of the, in home entertainment experience.

Message 1 of 3 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Re: ideas for what sony/playstation can do to gain control over the social community to beat out xbo

May 22, 2013
Monthly service charge? Nuh uh.
Message 2 of 3 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Re: ideas for what sony/playstation can do to gain control over the social community to beat out xbo

May 22, 2013

The introductory price will be the highest no matter what, especially the first 4 months at least. Then maybe it'll go down just a tad bit after that. Right now a basic console with one controller will cost you $249.99 before tax. We can see a $350-400 easily.

I don't see SCE doing a monthly pay service. That'd be too messy for them I think. I know Apple Inc., does that on their products. If they did allow that, it'll be a store promoting it like BestBuy or such you know?

And the last one won't happen. At least not for the PS4 and when it's still fresh on the market. Way too much fraud can happen. People easily cancel credit cards to get away from agreements like that and does Sony wanna take people to court for things like that and waste time? No. Remember, a lot of young adults as in kids from at least 15 - 17 save up their own money to buy their consoles. Kids have little to none credit to sign contracts for that kind of agreement. Usually it means they have to do a deposit (which kills this idea) and give up more money up front so they know you aren't going to ditch them in a month.

YB

Message 3 of 3 (44 Views)
0 Likes