Dec 26 2006
By: HurtPiece~ Fender Bender 4118 posts

iTune problems

12 replies 6 views Edited Dec 26, 2006
I tried installing iTunes and I am having issues. When I go to open iTunes, I get that annoying encountered a problem Window.

Anyone ever have this before with their iTunes? Do I have to use iTunes with my iPod, or can I use windows media player?

I Play the DEEF Wha?
Message 1 of 13 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2216 posts

Re: iTune problems

Dec 26, 2006

Hurt Piece wrote:
I tried installing iTunes and I am having issues. When I go to open iTunes, I get that annoying encountered a problem Window.

Anyone ever have this before with their iTunes? Do I have to use iTunes with my iPod, or can I use windows media player?

iTunes is crap.

but i never had that problem.. try uninstalling reinstalling it.

Message Edited by xxallonblack on 12-25-2006 11:18 PM
Photobucket
Message 2 of 13 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4118 posts

Dec 26, 2006

xxallonblack wrote:

Hurt Piece wrote:

iTunes is crap.

I did.....like 5 times already.

I Play the DEEF Wha?
Message 3 of 13 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2216 posts

Dec 26, 2006

Hurt Piece wrote:

xxallonblack wrote:

Hurt Piece wrote:

iTunes is crap.

I did.....like 5 times already.

aww sry i dont know anything else you can do besides emailing them or calling them tomorrow and letting them know whats wrong.

But for all i know, they are going to tell you something like reinstalling it because from what i heard, apple has bad customer service. Good luck though and sorry i couldnt help.
Photobucket
Message 4 of 13 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
37290 posts

Dec 26, 2006
I got the wife a new iPod for Christmas and she spent the last few hours trying to load MP3's on it.  I don't know exactly what she was doing but she gave up for the night.  I'll help her tomorrow with that.
Message 5 of 13 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3059 posts

Dec 26, 2006

DrGadget wrote:
I got the wife a new iPod for Christmas and she spent the last few hours trying to load MP3's on it.  I don't know exactly what she was doing but she gave up for the night.  I'll help her tomorrow with that.

How can she mess it up? With iTunes + iPod all you have to do is connect the iPod to the computer and everything is done automatically!
Friends don't let friends buy Bose

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html
Message 6 of 13 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4118 posts

Dec 26, 2006

DrGadget wrote:

I got all of my songs loaded. Then I unistalled quicktime because I hate it. Then I tried to open itunes again and got that problem. Then I uninstalled itunes....downloaded it again   installed it again and got the same problem.

Apple is such a scam if they make you have quicktime and itunes......

I Play the DEEF Wha?
Message 7 of 13 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2216 posts

Dec 26, 2006
quicktime is part of itunes, you shouldnt get rid of it.

uninstall itunes and quicktime then reinstall itunes and DONT uninstall quicktime. and if you did that then i dont know what to tell you.
Photobucket
Message 8 of 13 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
37290 posts

Dec 26, 2006

wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

How can she mess it up? With iTunes + iPod all you have to do is connect the iPod to the computer and everything is done automatically!

No idea.  She was in the other room messing with it.  I don't like the idea of using their software to rip MP3's.  I already have my own preferred method.  I thought you could just move files to the iPod like a USB jump drive or something.

It doesn't seem like it should be all that hard.
Message 9 of 13 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4935 posts

Dec 26, 2006

DrGadget wrote:

Hmm, thats strange.  It should be pretty seamless to add songs to your ipod especially with iTunes.  It really is a great program.
Message 10 of 13 (6 Views)
0 Likes