Fender Bender
3630 posts

Re: iPod problems )=

Nov 30, 2006
1. i think the warranty is for a year my friends had a warranty for that long.
2. it may have been an accident. your roommate may have accidentally unplugged it. check the internet history of your comp and see if anyone was on while you were asleep. thats how i found out who messed up my ipod. it was my brother lol
Photobucket
Message 11 of 18 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5282 posts

Nov 30, 2006
reset it hold menu and select (middle button)
Message 12 of 18 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
634 posts

Nov 30, 2006

Rebirth wrote:
reset it hold menu and select (middle button)

I'm sorry I must not have been very clear. I am pretty profficient in iPods. I tried re-setting it and I also tried putting it into disk mode, and neither of those is working.

http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?1916953
Message 13 of 18 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3059 posts

Nov 30, 2006

Jedikiller wrote:

wrote:
6 months? Don't even bother trying to fix it. Just go to an Apple store, or call Apple, and get it swapped out.

Alrighty so I live about 45 minutes from an Apple store...you think if I take it in there they *should* replace it for me for no charge? Do you think, with the Christmas season, I should make some sort of an appointment?

Well, the warranty is a year long. If your iPod isn't charging (on top of the connectivity problems) it definitely seems to have gotten its wish for an early death. They should swap it out for you.

However, it's best to call them and see whats up.
Friends don't let friends buy Bose

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html
Message 14 of 18 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
745 posts

Nov 30, 2006
When did you get hoppfuly you did not get a video on or after September 12 this link will provide you with an answer

Message 15 of 18 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3059 posts

Nov 30, 2006

Ja92 wrote:
When did you get hoppfuly you did not get a video on or after September 12 this link will provide you with an answer

Stop spamming that link because theres nothing there about the iPod

Message 16 of 18 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
745 posts

Dec 1, 2006
My Bad when you go to that link look for the search bar and type in Ipods you will see a link called 
Get Your Ipod Now - And Get A Free Worm! click on this or use this link if it works
Message 17 of 18 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3059 posts

Dec 1, 2006

Ja92 wrote:
My Bad when you go to that link look for the search bar and type in Ipods you will see a link called 
Get Your Ipod Now - And Get A Free Worm! click on this or use this link if it works

First, its "iPod".

Anyway, did you read about that supposed problem at all? Or did you just buy into the anti-Apple hype? Apple only had a very small number of reports of the problem. Infact, the reports BARELY broke the double digit mark. Nobody else reported this problem except a small group of people.

Which leads one to wonder if they were even being honest. In all likelyhood, theywere just trying to cause problems.

The funny thing, however, is that when you buy an iPod and connect it for the first time, the unit gets formatted! Makes it just slightly next to impossible for a virus/worm to ship and infect a system out of the box.

Unlike Creative, which DID ship a few hundred pre-formatted players with a worm to Japan last year.

Message 18 of 18 (1 View)
0 Likes