Dec 15 2006
By: MOBIUS61~ Wastelander 904 posts

i need help with something guys.

3 replies 4 views Edited Dec 15, 2006
hey guys im applying for a new job at vons, but i need help with this, im in high school right now and i've never applied online for a job, and here it requires me to put  my educational history, in the 4 options below i have to select one of the top two, but i dont know which one because only one of them describes my education up to date, which one do i select? 1.high school diploma/GED or 2. other? also where it says  "attend to mm/dd/yyyy" do i have to put the current today's date or the day until i'll graduate. and i have another question, what does GED mean? thanks in advance to those who help. 
Message 1 of 4 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1986 posts

Re: i need help with something guys.

Dec 15, 2006
i forget what it stands for, but its when you drop out of hs then take a test to get an official diploma
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 2 of 4 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3099 posts

Dec 15, 2006

The GED, or General Educational Development Test, is a test that certifies the taker has attained American or Canadian high school-level academic skills. To pass the GED, the test taker must perform in at least the 40th percent of high school seniors nationwide, though individual states can set their own requirements for passing. Some states also require that students take an additional test showing an understanding of federal, state, and/or local government.

The GED is taken by individuals who did not obtain a high school diploma. The GED tests were originally created to help veterans after World War II complete basic high school courses in preparation for returning to civilian life. Common reasons for GED recipients not having received a high school diploma include immigration to the United States or Canada; homeschooling; and leaving high school early due to a lack of interest, the inability to pass required tests, or personal problems.

I screwed up my original post so sorry for the, and as for the dates attended fill it out with the date you would graduate and get your diploma.

Message Edited by d0g on 12-14-2006 06:18 PM

Message Edited by d0g on 12-14-2006 06:18 PM
Message 3 of 4 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
904 posts

Dec 15, 2006
bump

Message 4 of 4 (4 Views)
0 Likes