Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 05 2010
By: Stupido93 Uncharted Territory 2006 posts

i am about to begin work on my own movie..........but i have a few questions

5 replies 19 views Edited Nov 5, 2010

first off, i want to say that i am not new to movie making or video editing; im actually quite good at both. but i am new to sound editing, sound effects, and special effects. because this is my own personal project, i want it to look as professional as possible. what i be creating is a stop-motion animated movie based off the harry potter series. but im a total noob when it comes to sound/special effects. i wanted to know where i can get or how to create sound and special effects like the ones in the videos i have listed below. fyi, i am using windows movie maker.

LINK #1

LINK #2

PSP Collection: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, Burnout Legends, Lego Star Wars 2: The Original Trilogy, Madden NFL 2008, Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow, Wipeout Pure, Daxter, Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, Need for Speed: Most Wanted 5-1-0, Star Wars: Lethal Alliance, Ape Escape: On the Loose, ATV Offroad Fury: Blazin Trails, NBA 2005, Twisted Metal 2.

Xbox 360 Collection: Grand Theft Auto IV, Guitar Hero 2, Fifa 06: Road to Fifa World Cup, Burnout Legends, Fifa Soccer 2007, X-Men: The Official Game, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

Original Xbox Collection: Sega GT 2002, Jet Set Radio Future, Star Wars: Battlefront 2, Crash Bandicoot and the Wrath of Cortex, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Halo 2, Spider-Man 2, Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Call of Duty 2: Big Red One.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2111 posts

Re: i am about to begin work on my own movie..........but i have a few questions

Nov 5, 2010
you gonna need a synthesizer and FL Studio 9.

Windows Movie Maker can't make sound effects. Gotta make it yourself.

:B
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2006 posts

Re: i am about to begin work on my own movie..........but i have a few questions

Nov 5, 2010

donutman46 wrote:

thanks. umm what exactly is a synthesizer? and how can i go about making the sound effects in fl studio 9? also, does the free to try version of fl studio 9 on cnet.com include everything as the full version? (i am already spending enough $$$ alone on just the sets for this movie, so i am looking to keep all other costs minimal.)

PSP Collection: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, Burnout Legends, Lego Star Wars 2: The Original Trilogy, Madden NFL 2008, Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow, Wipeout Pure, Daxter, Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, Need for Speed: Most Wanted 5-1-0, Star Wars: Lethal Alliance, Ape Escape: On the Loose, ATV Offroad Fury: Blazin Trails, NBA 2005, Twisted Metal 2.

Xbox 360 Collection: Grand Theft Auto IV, Guitar Hero 2, Fifa 06: Road to Fifa World Cup, Burnout Legends, Fifa Soccer 2007, X-Men: The Official Game, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

Original Xbox Collection: Sega GT 2002, Jet Set Radio Future, Star Wars: Battlefront 2, Crash Bandicoot and the Wrath of Cortex, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Halo 2, Spider-Man 2, Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Call of Duty 2: Big Red One.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2111 posts

Nov 5, 2010

Stupido93 wrote:

donutman46 wrote:

thanks. umm what exactly is a synthesizer? and how can i go about making the sound effects in fl studio 9? also, does the free to try version of fl studio 9 on cnet.com include everything as the full version? (i am already spending enough $$$ alone on just the sets for this movie, so i am looking to keep all other costs minimal.)

Synthesizer is a piano styled instrument (like a keyboard) but they can make cool sound effects if you know how to use FL Studio (and i don't know if FL studio trial is same as free.)

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3416 posts

Nov 5, 2010
LMMS is a free version of FL. Not the same but it isn't really expensive. I think it is called Linux Music Maker, but it works with Windows too.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5311 posts

Nov 6, 2010

So uh, no offense but you can't get a "professional" look with something edited in movie maker. Your best option for the effects you want is to use adobe After Effects. I've used it a little bit for compositing work - but It's what the creative director and compositor used for the VFX at my previous employer. 

and THIS site has some awesome professional video tutorials for creating VFX in it. 

AE may be way out of your budget, but it's the best way to go. 

Photobucket

Blue Led at 1754 posts on 11/08/05 at 10:04 am... w0ot.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (19 Views)
0 Likes