Treasure Hunter
6909 posts

Re: how long will it be before people get tired of the wii ?

Dec 12, 2006

tommylink wrote:

Ashton305 wrote:
i say about year...(becuase people will realize that it just not up to next gen status) and get tired of it

Graphics don't matter the DS as less then the PSP and it's winning what matters is how many good games that come out that use the controller. If a lot of games with new ideas for the controller come out then people won't get board with it, if there are large droughts that are typcial of Nintendo consoles then look for sales to go down.

I never use my DS.  But i use my psp more for music/videos then games.  DS is doing better because most people want their kids to have something cheaper and more kid friendly.  PSP is more for people who like games, but also want media features.  Most of the population would rather just have media though, so Ipods and DS's will sell more on each side of the spectrum, and psp is sorta stuck in the middle.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 11 of 21 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3856 posts

Dec 12, 2006

Ashton305 wrote:
i say about year...(becuase people will realize that it just not up to next gen status) and get tired of it

it doesnt matter if it will match up to the next gen games.  Most of the next gen games are targeted to people that like gore and guns, while the wii is bringing Fun back and getting people off of their ass.
Message 12 of 21 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6605 posts

Dec 12, 2006
Until the next new game counsel is released.
Message 13 of 21 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Dec 12, 2006

KaMeLeOn_ wrote:
how bout never, as long as new game come out. You can say the same thing for any system

Ashton305 wrote:

Exactly.

People fail to realize that, while the controller is what makes the system unique, the games are the things that sell the system.
Message 14 of 21 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Dec 12, 2006

Slapshot55 wrote:

tommylink wrote:

Ashton305 wrote:

Graphics don't matter the DS as less then the PSP and it's winning what matters is how many good games that come out that use the controller. If a lot of games with new ideas for the controller come out then people won't get board with it, if there are large droughts that are typcial of Nintendo consoles then look for sales to go down.

I never use my DS. But i use my psp more for music/videos then games. DS is doing better because most people want their kids to have something cheaper and more kid friendly. PSP is more for people who like games, but also want media features. Most of the population would rather just have media though, so Ipods and DS's will sell more on each side of the spectrum, and psp is sorta stuck in the middle.

That doesn't explain for Japan, where the NDS Lite is continually selling out.

Message Edited by LINK2K9 on 12-11-2006 11:26 PM

Message 15 of 21 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3059 posts

Dec 12, 2006

LINK2K9 wrote:

Slapshot55 wrote:

tommylink wrote:

Ashton305 wrote:

I never use my DS. But i use my psp more for music/videos then games. DS is doing better because most people want their kids to have something cheaper and more kid friendly. PSP is more for people who like games, but also want media features. Most of the population would rather just have media though, so Ipods and DS's will sell more on each side of the spectrum, and psp is sorta stuck in the middle.

Japan doesn't exactly represent "quality" games anymore. Have you seen the games that are popular there? It's not Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest as some would believe....  Since this is a "familiy" board, I don't think I'm allowed to mention what types of games are popular there. Use your imagination.
Friends don't let friends buy Bose

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html
Message 16 of 21 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12394 posts

Dec 12, 2006
I'll give this system 2 months before people start getting tired of it.

Hell I played it for a few hours and I don't want to play it anymore.
BrolyReborn
Message 17 of 21 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4542 posts

Dec 12, 2006

wrote:

LINK2K9 wrote:

Slapshot55 wrote:

tommylink wrote:

Ashton305 wrote:

Japan doesn't exactly represent "quality" games anymore. Have you seen the games that are popular there? It's not Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest as some would believe....  Since this is a "familiy" board, I don't think I'm allowed to mention what types of games are popular there. Use your imagination.

Games that make guys feel funny.
Message 18 of 21 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
419 posts

Dec 12, 2006
i say 4 months thats how long it took with the gamecube
Photobucket
Message 19 of 21 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42128 posts

Dec 12, 2006
Depends on who you are and how much fun you have with Nintendo's games.  Seeing as many love Nintendo games, not too many will be getting tired of it as long as Nintendo stays on top of the games.

Message 20 of 21 (0 Views)
0 Likes