Highlighted
Dec 04 2006
By: Fate.~ Wastelander 903 posts

how i miss tamiya mini 4wd...

3 replies 115 views Edited Dec 4, 2006
tamiya 4wd is a really really cool looking car that u design urself.. u buy the parts from a store..

and dont be fooled this isnt one of those kid based cars that looks kiddish or watever.. some parts are expensive..

u buy the motor.. ball bearings.. wheels.. parts.. god i cannot stress enough how much i missed it.. the car's case.. me and my big brother had a toolbox with over 4 tamiyas.. and lots and lots of parts for extra just incase something we need to fix..

anyway....

tamiya was very popular when i was a kid. about 8 years old? or 9.. not sure..

it was in the philippines.. i go to my big brother's every weekend to compete in a tamiya competition..

i was one of those really really well known uber kids because i always competed.. and we always won.. and dont underestimate 100s of people competed with there tamiya.. anyway.

the tournament is like this.. lots and lots and lots of people come with there tamiya (mini 4wd cars.. google it to see some.. but ours was more advanced than those )

there tamiyas have to be original.. like they cant use fake parts and all that if they wanna compete in an official tamiya tourament.. so they sign up there tamiya.. they get a sticker number (i think it was a sticker..) every round there is 2 number called out.. and they race.. theres a big race track (google it also if u want to see one) really big race track.. as big as maybe 2 garages.. or bigger.

theres a starting line.. 2 people whos' numbers were called out races.. if one of those people's tamiyas got out of the track (out of speed or going onto a bump) they lose.. and all the other person has to do is finish the track.. but if the person's tamiya jumps off the track then they have to redo it..

me and my brother ALWAYS wins these.. we just had our secret setup/tools on our tamiya

man i really do miss it.... building our own.. putting it on the track.. having ur own tamiya tool box.. Smiley Tongue

ok so the winner gets a tamiya hat.. and money.. people's numbers get called out.. whoever wins gets there tamiya in another corner.. and more winners put there tamiya in that corner..

same thing happens until there is only 2 races left and the winner of that is the winner..

i always wore the hat when we race so people noe were champions hehe Smiley Tongue

i had my own tamiya ( though its my brother that keeps it..) and his own tamiya.. we registered like 4 tamiyas per tournament..

anyway our tamiya was REALLY fast.. and when it goes to one of those bumps (or a track that goes up an angle)

it doesnt jump it stays smooth.. because theres like breaks behind it.. complicated unless u see a real thing.

i dont noe why i made this topic.. but i just woke up right now.. and for some reason this popped up on my head and how i miss it.. am now in canada and is 15 lol Smiley Tongue

odd how i only remembered this now.. but when i go back to the philippines FOR SURE i am going to make another one and make it popular again.. its not popular anymore there i think.. but i really miss it.. all my cousins had one (well most) and we competed together.. hell even my uncle has one..

if u dont noe wat a tamiya 4wd is (most of u shudnt) just do research on it.. note not all tamiyas look the same or even have the same parts.. there are LOTS and i mean LOTS of variables..

this topic is long but i just had to get it out and wanted to noe who knew this.. cause i miss it so much Smiley Tongue
currently waiting for Wild Arms 5,, Legend of Dragoon 2, Dragon Quest IX, White Knight Story,

Should there be a Legend of Dragoon2?
Message 1 of 4 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8440 posts

Re: how i miss tamiya mini 4wd...

Dec 4, 2006
haha, just like the finger skateboards...
Message 2 of 4 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12751 posts

Dec 4, 2006
Umm...Wha-?
APPLE SPY
Message 3 of 4 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
903 posts

Dec 4, 2006

Hofman101 wrote:
haha, just like the finger skateboards...

no man.. trust me.. for the sake of it here ill give u a picture of wat a tamiya looks like that isnt geared out

http://www.superbertani.com/images/mini/foto_tamiya.jpg

now imagine that to be geared out.. metal wheels.. u see those circly things on the front? metal ones.. on the back of the tamiya put some kind of a part there.. and etc

look at ur hand.. now imagine the tamiya to be longer..

the track is huge.. trust me.. its as big as 3 garages

heres an example of a normal tamiya track (the competition's is 10 times bigger with more variations.. whether it be going all the way up.. then down or wateer)

http://www.hobbylinc.com/gr/tam/tam69506.jpg

theres different types of motor also.. fast.. very fast.. not that fast.. slow.. really slow..

depending on the type of tamiya tourney u compete on.. theres a tourney thats meant for fast tamiyas and one meant for slow ones

edit: here i found a better looking track..

http://www.jokerteam.it/4wd/images/jokerpista.JPG

but the tourney's is still better and bigger

Message Edited by Fate. on 12-04-2006 12:33 PM
currently waiting for Wild Arms 5,, Legend of Dragoon 2, Dragon Quest IX, White Knight Story,

Should there be a Legend of Dragoon2?
Message 4 of 4 (115 Views)
0 Likes