Wastelander
901 posts

Re: hey what does anti-social mean?

Dec 22, 2006

x3_Kaley* wrote:
why would anyone wanna be antisocial..?

Well, a part of being anti-social is not desiring to be around others and not considering other's feelings.  Many people grow up being tormented by chronic rapists or repeated bullying in school, etc.  The victims of that would eventually grow a fear or hate of people in general and would become "anti-social".  There are many reasons/causes for the disorder.

Message 51 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3856 posts

Dec 22, 2006
Yeah an anti social person doesn't like to talk to others and doesn't like to be around others.  Most of em are nerds or losers. This nerd at school would always move his desk allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the way back.  He was like touching the wall. When the class took place more in the middle.  He hated people.
Message 52 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3784 posts

Dec 22, 2006

TheNewJackyl wrote:

DarkSeeker wrote:
Link.

This is for all of those who said it was not wanting to be around people.  Learn to research.

I'll learn research through what my doctors say and what meds I take. 

You people that bash us for being snti-social don't live with anexity, depression and other problems that lead up to being ANTI-SOCIAL.  So you should just S T F U cause you really have no clue excpet what your dumb fingers typed in google.

Check it out, I'm not bashing anyone except for the fools that only know that anti means no or without and social means being around people.  Certainly I'm not bashing people who are antisocial, I would never make fun of someone for a disorder.  No, I don't know everything about being antisocial, but I know what I've learned.  And not simply from google or wikipedia, I'm not a one track, closed minded person.  I take courses in psychology, I learn about what antisocial means by definition in a psychological context.  I learn about these things, I am not an uneducated, mindless person that is simply regurjitating what I have been told.  You say that we should try and understand you, why don't you try to understand other people?  Maybe you don't know everything going on in your body.  I don't know you, I don't know what's happening with you, I can't be the judge of that, but it's difficult to say that you fully understand the extent of everything happening to you (you being people in general), whether you have a disorder or not.  I tell all of the people that have no idea what "antisocial" truly means what the disorder entails so that they don't make false judgements.

Go Pre
53, 1:58, 3:12, 4:32
Message 53 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3404 posts

Dec 22, 2006

DarkSeeker wrote:

TheNewJackyl wrote:

DarkSeeker wrote:
Link.

This is for all of those who said it was not wanting to be around people.  Learn to research.

You people that bash us for being snti-social don't live with anexity, depression and other problems that lead up to being ANTI-SOCIAL.  So you should just S T F U cause you really have no clue excpet what your dumb fingers typed in google.

Check it out, I'm not bashing anyone except for the fools that only know that anti means no or without and social means being around people.  Certainly I'm not bashing people who are antisocial, I would never make fun of someone for a disorder.  No, I don't know everything about being antisocial, but I know what I've learned.  And not simply from google or wikipedia, I'm not a one track, closed minded person.  I take courses in psychology, I learn about what antisocial means by definition in a psychological context.  I learn about these things, I am not an uneducated, mindless person that is simply regurjitating what I have been told.  You say that we should try and understand you, why don't you try to understand other people?  Maybe you don't know everything going on in your body.  I don't know you, I don't know what's happening with you, I can't be the judge of that, but it's difficult to say that you fully understand the extent of everything happening to you (you being people in general), whether you have a disorder or not.  I tell all of the people that have no idea what "antisocial" truly means what the disorder entails so that they don't make false judgements.

Nice reply.  Mine may have been, a lil harsh.  Although, I did not say a single thing abolut you guys "understanding" someone.  I said you research ALL the things that lead up to being anti-social. 

Message Edited by TheNewJackyl on 12-21-2006 09:44 PM
Message 54 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
901 posts

Dec 22, 2006

diaz9220 wrote:
Yeah an anti social person doesn't like to talk to others and doesn't like to be around others.  Most of em are nerds or losers.

Actually, most anti-social people funcion "normally" in every day life.

Message Edited by Ryuu-Jin882 on 12-21-2006 06:46 PM

Message 55 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3303 posts

Dec 22, 2006
It means a person that evades socializing, like you. 

J/K
Think before you act. It will save me the effort of correcting you.
"if World of Warcraft and Modern Warfare had a baby this is what we would get"- DarthGooch
Message 56 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3784 posts

Dec 22, 2006

TheNewJackyl wrote:

DarkSeeker wrote:

TheNewJackyl wrote:

DarkSeeker wrote:
Link.

Nice reply.  Mine may have been, a lil harsh.  Although, I did not say a single thing abolut you guys "understanding" someone.  I said you research ALL the things that lead up to being anti-social. 

Thank you, I like to put as much thought into them to avoid fights as best I can.  No hard feelings over it.  But as I said, I only know what I've been taught, I have no experience with this disorder or with people that have had it, so you're right, I don't know all of the things that come with it and that lead up to it.  But I do my best to learn about and make my decisions and statements based on what I know.  But that being said, I think most people don't know much at all about being antisocial.  Why don't you give some insight?  I'm sure we'd all appreciate it.

Go Pre
53, 1:58, 3:12, 4:32
Message 57 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3404 posts

Dec 22, 2006

DarkSeeker wrote:

TheNewJackyl wrote:

DarkSeeker wrote:

TheNewJackyl wrote:

DarkSeeker wrote:
Link.

Thank you, I like to put as much thought into them to avoid fights as best I can.  No hard feelings over it.  But as I said, I only know what I've been taught, I have no experience with this disorder or with people that have had it, so you're right, I don't know all of the things that come with it and that lead up to it.  But I do my best to learn about and make my decisions and statements based on what I know.  But that being said, I think most people don't know much at all about being antisocial.  Why don't you give some insight?  I'm sure we'd all appreciate it.

I found in the past that giving insight about issues like this end up in flame fest.  It happened in a Bi-polar thread I had made, talking about disorders just like this.  Then people like SimMaster come in an act a fool.

Made me realize, PSU isn't the place to discuss serious issues like these.
Message 58 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6346 posts

Dec 22, 2006

SephirothBlade wrote:
Alot of the time, being "anti-social" has nothing to do with "shyness". Usually, it has do to with anger or sadness, or the fact that you just don't like people.

that is the correct answer
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 59 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
546 posts

Dec 22, 2006
I'm not anti-social.. But I hate people for the most part. Most people are stupid idiots.
A recent study shows 92% of the teenage population likes rap music. If you are part of the 8% who listen to real music, put this as your sig.

98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that can resist stupid fads, copy and paste this into your sig.
Message 60 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes