Treasure Hunter
7820 posts

Re: hey what does anti-social mean?

Dec 21, 2006

stealthy wrote:
Ummm, you're all wrong. Antisocial isn't just not wanting to be social. In fact, someone who is antisocial may not mind being social. Antisocial means a couple things. The easiest way to say it is that they lack a conscience. They will lie, cheat, steal, etc. They have almost no or very little regard for other people and their feelings. They won't mind hurting others simply to get something they want. See, antisocial isn't very nice.

hmm thanks for enlighting me. i just thought it's someone who doesnt like to talk.
Message 31 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
791 posts

Dec 21, 2006
It aint good. A.K.A Emo

A TRUE HERO STANDS IN THE SHADOWS IN A TIME OF NEED, ONLY STEPPING IN TO HELP IF THE PEOPLE ARE IN ACUALL DANGER, WHICHS HELPS THE PEOPLE EVOLVE AND DISCOVER WHO THEY REALLY ARE AND BECOME HEROS THEMSELVES, BUT ONCE EVERYONES A HERO WHO DO WE TURN TO?
Message 32 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7820 posts

Dec 21, 2006

PSP and LAX wrote:
It aint good. A.K.A Emo

if i was next to you right now i would slap your face off.
Message 33 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3404 posts

Dec 21, 2006

PSP and LAX wrote:
It aint good. A.K.A Emo

It does not mean your freaking EMO.  Maybe its something in thier head that doesn't let them socialize with anyone but those they trust.

I'm not suicidal and depressed, yet I'm still anti-social.  I have a hard time talkign to new peeps, and making friends.  Hows that EMO?  Think again.....
Message 34 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4920 posts

Dec 22, 2006
    Aspergers is a type of social disablilty, i am unfortunate enough to have it. When i was in Elementary school id didn't have any friends but i also didn't want any friends either. I was the quiet kid that never said anything and all i did was come home and play with my legos. Now that i am in High school i have friends but only cause i have to work for them. Imagine going through life and not wanting anybody. I was convinced that i could not love at all and that everyone hated me. Just goes to show you the simple things in life that people take forgranted and don't appreciate enough. Next time your with your friends try and remember that.
Message 35 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3784 posts

Dec 22, 2006

stealthy wrote:
Ummm, you're all wrong. Antisocial isn't just not wanting to be social. In fact, someone who is antisocial may not mind being social. Antisocial means a couple things. The easiest way to say it is that they lack a conscience. They will lie, cheat, steal, etc. They have almost no or very little regard for other people and their feelings. They won't mind hurting others simply to get something they want. See, antisocial isn't very nice.

The only correct answer I read.  Though we use the word in a different context, psychologically an antisocial person is one that has no regard for the rules of society and does not feel guilt over it.  They know what they are doing and that it is wrong, but they don't care.  They act impulsively and perform the first action that comes to mind.  For instance, as strange as it seems a sign of an antisocial and psychologically unhealthy person is someone that will wet their bed.  Not because they have a physical problem, but because they have to pee, and don't feel like getting up in the middle of the night, so they'll just go in their bed.

Go Pre
53, 1:58, 3:12, 4:32
Message 36 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4003 posts

Dec 22, 2006
to not be social. haha
Message 37 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2352 posts

Dec 22, 2006

DarkSeeker wrote:

stealthy wrote:

The only correct answer I read.  Though we use the word in a different context, psychologically an antisocial person is one that has no regard for the rules of society and does not feel guilt over it.  They know what they are doing and that it is wrong, but they don't care.  They act impulsively and perform the first action that comes to mind.  For instance, as strange as it seems a sign of an antisocial and psychologically unhealthy person is someone that will wet their bed.  Not because they have a physical problem, but because they have to pee, and don't feel like getting up in the middle of the night, so they'll just go in their bed.

Exactly. The majority of people that are anti social are not what most people think.
Message 38 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4353 posts

Dec 22, 2006
It basically means you don't like talking to people or being around people. And if your anti-social your basically emo.
Message 39 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3986 posts

Dec 22, 2006
its when you dont really like talking to people....im pretty anti social when it comes to talking to people at stores
GRAW
Message 40 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes