Last Guardian
12751 posts

Re: hey what does anti-social mean?

Dec 21, 2006

AMH9 wrote:

Aowen wrote:

x3_Kaley* wrote:
why would anyone wanna be antisocial..?

Well, technically, you cannot be anti-social. Humans are social creatures, if you ain't social, you ain't human. But social doesn't really mean neccesarly hanging out with friends, the sheer fact that you can go buy stuff from stores demostrates we have an economoy, civilization, which is all a social aspect. If humans weren't social we'd be without any civilization what so ever. I think you mean the kind of social were you hang out with friends etc...They're not really anti-social, they still have human contact etc....you go crazy without any human contact for a while....

smart ass

Couldn't resist
APPLE SPY
Message 21 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
3000 posts

Dec 21, 2006

sOnygAmEr7 wrote:
This thread is going nowhere - kinda stupid question but since i don't know yoru age, education level, or anyhting liek that i can't judge

Lol, I was about to say the same thing.
Message 22 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3404 posts

Dec 21, 2006
I'm anti social.  I get this beating in my heart and head, that tells me to get away from people.  Large groups/croweded places make me nervous.  Anexity I think would be a good description of it. 

I just look at the ground and smile when people are talking to me, but in my head I'm screaming GET AWAY, GET AWAY.
Message 23 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16834 posts

Dec 21, 2006
its a pretty good band is what it is

Message 24 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4393 posts

Dec 21, 2006
Ummm, you're all wrong. Antisocial isn't just not wanting to be social. In fact, someone who is antisocial may not mind being social. Antisocial means a couple things. The easiest way to say it is that they lack a conscience. They will lie, cheat, steal, etc. They have almost no or very little regard for other people and their feelings. They won't mind hurting others simply to get something they want. See, antisocial isn't very nice.
----------------------------------------------------------
"Little Miss Muffet; sat on a tuffet; eating her curds and whey; along came a spider; who sat down beside her; and frightened Miss Muffet away. Then Muffet went back; and checked her gun-rack; grabbing a .357; finding the spider; she sat dwon beside her; and blew that poor sucker to heaven."
Message 25 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2182 posts

Dec 21, 2006

TheNewJackyl wrote:
I'm anti social.  I get this beating in my heart and head, that tells me to get away from people.  Large groups/croweded places make me nervous.  Anexity I think would be a good description of it. 

I just look at the ground and smile when people are talking to me, but in my head I'm screaming GET AWAY, GET AWAY.

what? really? thats no fun. thats like shyness. is that like a concious kinda thing. like you wanna talk to people but you cant
or is it because you really do hate talking to people

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 26 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3404 posts

Dec 21, 2006

x3_Kaley* wrote:

TheNewJackyl wrote:

what? really? thats no fun. thats like shyness. is that like a concious kinda thing. like you wanna talk to people but you cant

I want to talk to people, yes.  but something inside me makes me want to get away, not look people in the eyes.

I am a very funny, talkative person, but I have to make small talk with you for weeks before I can chat eye to eye on a daily basis and not feel "weird".  It is an odd feeling.  I do believe low self-esteem plays a part in it.  But yes, it does suyck.  I hate concerts and malls, (examples) cause there so many people.  and you can't trust people, so I'm always so nervous someone is going to hurt me.

Ya, it sucks.
Message 27 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4281 posts

Dec 21, 2006
I am kinda antisocial, I don't like being in big crowds because I don't trust anyone unless they are my friends
FOX**HOUND Co-Leader
Photobucket
Message 28 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4393 posts

Dec 21, 2006

TheNewJackyl wrote:

x3_Kaley* wrote:

TheNewJackyl wrote:

I want to talk to people, yes.  but something inside me makes me want to get away, not look people in the eyes.

I am a very funny, talkative person, but I have to make small talk with you for weeks before I can chat eye to eye on a daily basis and not feel "weird".  It is an odd feeling.  I do believe low self-esteem plays a part in it.  But yes, it does suyck.  I hate concerts and malls, (examples) cause there so many people.  and you can't trust people, so I'm always so nervous someone is going to hurt me.

Ya, it sucks.

You are not antisocial. Unless you steal, lie, and hurt people and only care about yourself. You are just really shy.
----------------------------------------------------------
"Little Miss Muffet; sat on a tuffet; eating her curds and whey; along came a spider; who sat down beside her; and frightened Miss Muffet away. Then Muffet went back; and checked her gun-rack; grabbing a .357; finding the spider; she sat dwon beside her; and blew that poor sucker to heaven."
Message 29 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6909 posts

Dec 21, 2006

TheNewJackyl wrote:

x3_Kaley* wrote:

TheNewJackyl wrote:

Ya, it sucks.

yeah, im sorta like that too.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 30 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes