Treasure Hunter
7156 posts

Re: hey what does anti-social mean?

Dec 21, 2006
Yeah it's like not wanting to be around other people or communicate with them.
Message 11 of 68 (1 View)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12751 posts

Dec 21, 2006

x3_Kaley* wrote:

Aowen wrote:

x3_Kaley* wrote:
why would anyone wanna be antisocial..?

Well, technically, you cannot be anti-social. Humans are social creatures, if you ain't social, you ain't human. But social doesn't really mean neccesarly hanging out with friends, the sheer fact that you can go buy stuff from stores demostrates we have an economoy, civilization, which is all a social aspect. If humans weren't social we'd be without any civilization what so ever. I think you mean the kind of social were you hang out with friends etc...They're not really anti-social, they still have human contact etc....you go crazy without any human contact for a while....

well yeah,  i didnt mean it like that...
like i meant anti social people in school and stuff
i just asked my friend. he said that they always think their better than everyone so they dont do anything or say anything. its "what they think"

Well how does your friend know what these stereotypical catigorized people think if he's not one? I declare your friend to be a foolSmiley Very Happy

Your language: Well like, how does like, he know? I mean he's totally not one of them? Right? Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy
APPLE SPY
Message 12 of 68 (1 View)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11852 posts

Dec 21, 2006

fudge101man wrote:
You don't like talking to people or being around them.

and like shy abit
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 13 of 68 (1 View)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
14324 posts

Dec 21, 2006
anti = not liking
social = talkitive/friendly

put the two together....
Message 14 of 68 (1 View)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13671 posts

Dec 21, 2006

an·ti·so·cial (nt-sshl, nt-)
adj.

Behaving in a manner that violates the social or legal norms of society.

Message 15 of 68 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2182 posts

Dec 21, 2006

Aowen wrote:

x3_Kaley* wrote:

Aowen wrote:

x3_Kaley* wrote:

Well, technically, you cannot be anti-social. Humans are social creatures, if you ain't social, you ain't human. But social doesn't really mean neccesarly hanging out with friends, the sheer fact that you can go buy stuff from stores demostrates we have an economoy, civilization, which is all a social aspect. If humans weren't social we'd be without any civilization what so ever. I think you mean the kind of social were you hang out with friends etc...They're not really anti-social, they still have human contact etc....you go crazy without any human contact for a while....

well yeah,  i didnt mean it like that...
like i meant anti social people in school and stuff
i just asked my friend. he said that they always think their better than everyone so they dont do anything or say anything. its "what they think"

Well how does your friend know what these stereotypical catigorized people think if he's not one? I declare your friend to be a foolSmiley Very Happy

Your language: Well like, how does like, he know? I mean he's totally not one of them? Right? Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

lol **bleep** you
he says hes had "experiences" with them
and it actually kinda makes sense too. like that one kid said that he easily gets annoyed by things... he thinks hes better.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 16 of 68 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6900 posts

Dec 21, 2006
Alot of the time, being "anti-social" has nothing to do with "shyness". Usually, it has do to with anger or sadness, or the fact that you just don't like people.
Message 17 of 68 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8174 posts

Dec 21, 2006

Aowen wrote:

x3_Kaley* wrote:

smart ass
Message 18 of 68 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2091 posts

Dec 21, 2006
This thread is going nowhere - kinda stupid question but since i don't know yoru age, education level, or anyhting liek that i can't judge
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 19 of 68 (1 View)
0 Likes
Survivor
3000 posts

Dec 21, 2006

x3_Kaley* wrote:
does that just mean that you don't like talking to other people, or you dont like anyone or what

People who aren't compelled to socialize. That can go either way.
Message 20 of 68 (1 View)
0 Likes