PlayStation MVP
3912 posts

Re: hey "social smokers"

Mar 22, 2013

I try not to be a "social" smoker. I usually just smoke at home (in my garage. My Wife and I don't smoke in the house) or in my car.

I don't like forcing non-smokers to breathe in my cigs, if I can help it. Although, I did chain smoke at an indoor concert once, because the guy next to me kept smoking his pot. So I was like "Ef it, I'm going to smoke cigs then."

I've been smoking for 10 years. At one time I was a 3 pack-a-day smoker. I've tried to quit twice. The first time was for 4 months (I was stupid to start again). When I started back up, I was (and still am) only smoking maybe 1 pack a day, sometimes only half a pack.

The second time I quit was back in October. I tried to kick the habbit for my 30th birthday. I lasted 5 days. You just kind of have to be sick of it and want to quit. That is how I was able to go 4 months the first time. Now I just know I should quit. I don't necessarly want to quit. :smileyfrustrated:

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 47 (415 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7443 posts

Mar 22, 2013

SMOKING.jpg

The educational system failed this individual. Oh... smoking is BAD.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 47 (125 Views)
PlayStation MVP
46866 posts

Mar 22, 2013

That dude is gonna get one heck of a headrush!

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 47 (112 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27932 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 22, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

That dude is gonna get one heck of a headrush!

Especially if it was the 'first' one of the day!!!

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 47 (109 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4402 posts

Mar 22, 2013

Even when I did smoke, THAT would have made me BARF!

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 47 (104 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
46866 posts

Mar 22, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

Moble

did any of you ex smokers here ever actually smoke a cig too fast when you were younger and first smoking and have it make you get sick like that?   I did

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 47 (99 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3259 posts

Mar 22, 2013

Wow! This thread needs a super-NON-smoker. Second-hand smoke gives me, literally, a very bad headache. The way it used to be, I hated to go out in public or to a restaurant.  Non-Smoking Sections were a joke back then.

Sometime in the not so very distant past many States in the US passed public smoking laws that have opened up the world (in my neck of the woods) to me.

I can go to a restaurant anywhere now, well, in the right States. Atimes there is someone smoking outside an establishment which is supposed to be further away, and it can start up a reaction in me, but since there are SO FEW OTHERS doing it, I can live with it.

In hotels, if anyone smoked in one I can barely breathe. Thank God for more stringent hotel non-smoking room cleaning and care! I used to have to sleep in the bathtub in a hotel, it was that bad in the room, bathrooms were NEVER as bad as the carpet,bedding areas.

I grew up with my best friend next door, her parents chain smoked. Gag. That's how it started for me. I would NEVER smoke.

You poor people. Drink Coffee Instead! :robottongue: 

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 47 (90 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4402 posts

Mar 22, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Moble

did any of you ex smokers here ever actually smoke a cig too fast when you were younger and first smoking and have it make you get sick like that?   I did

I had the Theater of Pain Album on Cassette Tape.  Actually had a Crew Wall Banner too.:smileyvery-happy:

When I first tried to smoke, I swallowed it.  Major Stomach Ache.

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 47 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8931 posts

Mar 22, 2013
Surprisingly though, where I live, many bar establishments are ignoring the smoking ban. They claim they lost a lot if business which I don't disagree with since even I started going out less when I had so smoke outside.

Some say the ban has generated more customers since they don't have to worry about second hand smoke but usually when I go into a corner bar that is non smoking, business is deader than dead. But walk down the street where they are allowing you to smoke and there are over 50 people inside even if the place is a dump. They don't get caught because its enforced by the health department and not the police and they only allow it at night. And even if they do get caught, they say the lost business is much greater than the fine.

I personally think the law shouldn't apply to every establishment. Perhaps just resteraunts. Or maybe even allow certain establishments to pay for a smoking license if it really is killing their business. Or maybe even after 9PM when children are no longer allowed inside.
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 47 (73 Views)
PlayStation MVP
46866 posts

Mar 22, 2013

Even when I smoked I disliked others smoking around me when I was eating so I would never smoke in restaurants, even if it was allowed. 

However, I do not approve of the government telling private property and business owners if they can or can not allow people to smoke cigarettes on their premises.  That should be up to the business owner in my opinion as long as cigarettes are illegal. 

My state just passed a law outlawing the sale of cigarettes in a pharmacy.  

Those type of laws/rules do not jive well with me.  Yes, I no longer smoke and hate smoking in restaurants so having it illegal is great for me.  However, I value individual liberty far greater than I value not having to look for a non-smoking restaurant.    Always err on the side of liberty.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 47 (67 Views)