Treasure Hunter
8267 posts

Re: hey "social smokers"

Mar 21, 2013

I tried Ecigs even the newport flavor ones...

Actually I bought it off a guy from this very forums....

Didnt help me kick the habit though.

I would consider something else that is smokable (Green)to be a "social smoke"

Message 11 of 47 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2013

Yeah, I am a social nose picker.Smiley Very Happy

In all seriousness though; I smoked from age 11 till age 26.  Finally got sick of the smell.  Quit cold turkey. Wasn't easy, but I am better (health wise) for it now.

Moble

Message 12 of 47 (130 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41835 posts

Mar 21, 2013

I'm a smoker, used to be a pack (20) a day, now I smoke around 10 or so a day, I'm trying to be good, but it's tough.

I would also consider myself a considerate smoker, although my patience was servely tested when someone came up to me in the middle of the street a few years ago in the UK & said my smoke was annoying her becasue the wind was blowing it her way, (bear in mind she was at least 50ft away from me), I told her to get lost!

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 13 of 47 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Mar 21, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

I'm a smoker, used to be a pack (20) a day, now I smoke around 10 or so a day, I'm trying to be good, but it's tough.

I would also consider myself a considerate smoker, although my patience was servely tested when someone came up to me in the middle of the street a few years ago in the UK & said my smoke was annoying her becasue the wind was blowing it her way, (bear in mind she was at least 50ft away from me), I told her to get lost!

BRIT-KO

Did you tell her to "sod" off?Smiley Wink  Love that phrase!

Yes, smoking is a tough one to break.  I do find myself being a non-smoking, former smoking snob though.

If you ever quit BRIT, you will find out what I am talking about.  For the first year or so, the smoke still smells mildly tempting.  By year two, it is not so nice, and by the third year, you cannot stand the smell.

It is even hard for me to breath around it.  Seems like the air is thicker when it is filled with smoke.  I suppose it really is though.

I can honestly say, if I had not quit in my twenties, I probably never would have.  15 years is a long time for a habit, but I can only imagine if it had been 20 or 30.

Good luck with cutting down more BRIT.  You will be healthier for it.

Moble

Message 14 of 47 (121 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
17401 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2013

I've smoked for 10 years, from 17 to 27

I've stopped 6 years ago, around the same time of the year as of right now... I was really sick and my pack of smoke was empty, I told myself that I should stop smoking it would help me to recover... I never bought another pack and or touch another smoke from this day. I didnt used any gum, patch or anything... I've just simply stopped.

GTA V FTW !

PSN : Stackcluster
Born young, not dead yet !
Message 15 of 47 (117 Views)
MVP Support
41835 posts

Mar 21, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

BRIT-KO

Did you tell her to "sod" off?Smiley Wink  Love that phrase!

Yes, smoking is a tough one to break.  I do find myself being a non-smoking, former smoking snob though.

If you ever quit BRIT, you will find out what I am talking about.  For the first year or so, the smoke still smells mildly tempting.  By year two, it is not so nice, and by the third year, you cannot stand the smell.

It is even hard for me to breath around it.  Seems like the air is thicker when it is filled with smoke.  I suppose it really is though.

I can honestly say, if I had not quit in my twenties, I probably never would have.  15 years is a long time for a habit, but I can only imagine if it had been 20 or 30.

Good luck with cutting down more BRIT.  You will be healthier for it.

Moble

Lol, I love that phrase too, it always seems very English to me, I still use it a lot & although I forget now it is quite possible that I did indeed say that at the time.

Cutting down the smoking, yea, not easy at all, but I'm seriously trying, thanks for the support.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 16 of 47 (106 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10139 posts

Mar 22, 2013
I thought about Chantix but after going to a funeral of somebody who died of a heart attack while on it, I don't think I'll take the risk. At the time it happened, that was not known as one of the possible side effects. Only things like mood altering side effects and crazy dreams. The guy was 37 at the time and aside from being a smoker, was in good health. If you look now though, heart risks have been related to the medication.
Message 17 of 47 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Mar 22, 2013
Chantix sounds like more of a problem than a solution. Ecigs also help clear you lungs as well, if you really want to stop, do Ecigs, they are extremely healthy for a cig alternative.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 18 of 47 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15344 posts

Mar 22, 2013

Aren't they just plastic sticks? I don't think I could get used to that.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 19 of 47 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10139 posts

Mar 22, 2013
I tried the disposable Blu the other day and it was horrid. Although sitting here doing research right now, there are better out there and the reason Blu tastes so bad is because the vapor actually comes from vegetable oil.

My other issue is the price since. My cigs are extremely cheap. Ever since they put that firesafe law into effect and they started putting foam rubber in the cigarette papers, I bought a 40.00 rolling machine and started rolling my own. Cigarettes are 6.50 to 7.25 a pack here and eCigs are even more. Although I have not compared prices except for in convenience stores. I'm currently rolling about 18 packs for 35.00 after tobacco and cartons of cigarette tubes. Tastes a lot better than my old cigarettes as well once you develop a taste for them. Probably better for you than Marlboro or Newports since they lack many of the chemicals they put in real packs but still not good for you none the less.

Last time I set my mind to it, I actually quit using Nicoderm CQ patches. Then right after, my friend bought his first house and was having nightly parties. I was fresh off the patch and surrounded by smokers. Thought I could smoke socially after 4 months of nothing and within two weeks, a cigarette here and a cigarette there while drinking turned right back into at least a pack a day.

I just wish the awareness and laws were in effect and enforced when I was growing up. Back then it was tolerable to see even a 13 year old smoking and the stores didnt care how old you were. Had it been as hard to do and unacceptable as it is now, I never would have started.
Message 20 of 47 (80 Views)