Mar 21 2013
By: Leviathan_502 Splicer 57 posts

heres a shovel M$. start digging your grave

30 replies 2020 views Edited Mar 21, 2013

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/20/xbox-durango-requires-all-games-to-be-installed?utm_campaign=...

so what this means is that the new M$ console is going to require full game installs on the HDD. so this is what i figure how things are going to run on this system. there will be a key code embedded in the game disc. the console requires that it is online at all times it is running. which means i bet that key code to play the game in your system will be in an online file which prevents other systems from playing that disc. this isnt fact, and i appologise if this goes against forum guidelines or is an eye sore to some people. my question is will sony get paid from there blu ray tech even though the console wont require the disc to run?

Message 1 of 31 (2,020 Views)
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Re: heres a shovel M$. start digging your grave

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2013

Leviathan_502 wrote: will sony get paid from there blu ray tech even though the console wont require the disc to run?

Obviously...

M$ would have to pay royalties to even USE the drives.....

But why are we talking about M$ in a Sony forum?

Furiously Chaosing
Message 2 of 31 (1,879 Views)
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

Mar 21, 2013
as recall i listen to majornelson's pod cast he bought that topic a what the other site a n 100% there is no next gen xbox out there
Message 3 of 31 (1,809 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Mar 21, 2013

Ace_Fighter_132 wrote:
as recall i listen to majornelson's pod cast he bought that topic a what the other site a n 100% there is no next gen xbox out there

Its easy to dismiss it as "no next gen out there" when you're on M$'s payroll to keep things quiet.

Same thing to Sony's policy on rumor and speculation.... they don't comment on it

Furiously Chaosing
Message 4 of 31 (1,543 Views)
Wastelander
809 posts

Mar 21, 2013

Leviathan_502 wrote:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/20/xbox-durango-requires-all-games-to-be-installed?utm_campaign=...

so what this means is that the new M$ console is going to require full game installs on the HDD. so this is what i figure how things are going to run on this system. there will be a key code embedded in the game disc. the console requires that it is online at all times it is running. which means i bet that key code to play the game in your system will be in an online file which prevents other systems from playing that disc. this isnt fact, and i appologise if this goes against forum guidelines or is an eye sore to some people. my question is will sony get paid from there blu ray tech even though the console wont require the disc to run?

So what!

PC's do this now and ppl don't complain, really the only thing that is going to suffer and die is GameStop. Also Microsoft has millions and millions and millions and millions, something that Sony doesn't have atm, so they can easily fund the next Xbox for as long as they want. Also I sure wouldn't want the death of Xbox because that means less competition and less competition is bad. And yea if Microsoft does use Blu-ray for their next console they would have to pay for the license. 

My gaming history - NES, PS1, PS2, GBA SP, NDS, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Message 5 of 31 (1,440 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

Mar 21, 2013
go to his blog on majornelon.com and listen to his pod cast 413
Message 6 of 31 (1,373 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Mar 21, 2013

i posted it on here because regardless of how sheltered you want things to be there is a console war going on right now and a huge majority is on board with sony. 

to the other guy... yes pc's do this now, but pc gamers are a minority and normally they wouldnt care of this because its not a console. a pc is a personal computer. you dont play with two controllers on your pc? or can you? you dont take your pc to your friends house to play nor would you take your game. pc is another world from console gamming. there is no huge market for pc gaming and you cant find used copies of any pc games at a game store for those reasons. thats why they are cheaper than console copies.

to the other guy saying game stop will go out of business. I hate game stop. they rip you off. but as long as there is used games for any console they will stay open even if it means shifting thier practice (psx, xbox, ps2, gba, ect) just because one is rumored to block used games doesnt mean its the only console in existance. sony announced ps4 will play used games. so game $top will remain open.

Message 7 of 31 (801 Views)
Splicer
57 posts

Mar 21, 2013
oh they were both the same person. my apologies.
Message 8 of 31 (612 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2013

cross12095 wrote:

So what!

PC's do this now and ppl don't complain, really the only thing that is going to suffer and die is GameStop. Also Microsoft has millions and millions and millions and millions, something that Sony doesn't have atm, so they can easily fund the next Xbox for as long as they want. Also I sure wouldn't want the death of Xbox because that means less competition and less competition is bad. And yea if Microsoft does use Blu-ray for their next console they would have to pay for the license. 

May make it more a console aimed at adults. No longer will you go online and find prepubescent 11 year old boys screaming obscenities at you. Smiley Wink

Where do I sign up? lmao Smiley LOL

Edit: Developers may decide to go exclusive to XBox if they think it's a better way to make a profit. Meaning they get money from every game that's being used.

Message 9 of 31 (338 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Mar 21, 2013

Leviathan, sorry dude, but you have some serious Microsoft issues, you may want to seek some professional medical attention of the psychiatric order. We here like to talk about Sony stuff, we don't care about Microsoft, if we did we'd go to their forums. Console war or not you are not going to find any soldiers here, nor does it have any benefit here since I don't see any people from Microsoft here. No offense man, but you've got to let it go.

Message 10 of 31 (336 Views)