Highlighted
Nov 29 2006
By: halerocks~ Sackboy 514 posts

help on computer...

8 replies 8 views Edited Nov 29, 2006
What the heck does this mean?  Non-System disk or disk error Replace and press any key when ready.  After I got done using a floppy disk, I turned off the computer forgetting to take out the floppy disk.  The next morning, this error popped up.  I don't know what the heck it meant, but I turned the computer back off and I took the floppy disk out.  After that, it booted up correctly.  The point I'm trying to reach is, is this normal to happen?  Bcuz the day before, I scanned my system with the virus scanner and I found a few boot sector viruses.  Do you think the boot sector virus caused the error when I was trying to boot my computer?  Can you just tell me what you think about this?  This could be my very first computer lesson (don't know pooh about computer)
Image Hosted by UploadMine.comMinamahal ko si Kristine
Message 1 of 9 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
18648 posts

Re: help on computer...

Nov 29, 2006
DOn't worry about it, nothing special. It does it to my Hp computer when i leave the floppy in there, because it thinks it's a boot disk but if its not it gives you that error. It's nothing.
Message 2 of 9 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
514 posts

Nov 29, 2006
Ok thank you!

aznsniper911 wrote:
DOn't worry about it, nothing special. It does it to my Hp computer when i leave the floppy in there, because it thinks it's a boot disk but if its not it gives you that error. It's nothing.

Message 3 of 9 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3059 posts

Nov 29, 2006
A boot sector virus?

Are you running Windows 98? How old is your PC? Must be pretty old if your boot sector wasn't protected Geez, even the eMachines I bought more than 6 years ago had a protected boot sector and it ran Windows ME! (I threw 98SE on it until XP was released).
Friends don't let friends buy Bose

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html
Message 4 of 9 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
514 posts

Nov 29, 2006
I have an hp pavilion a610e.  I think I had it for 2 years.
Message 5 of 9 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3059 posts

Nov 29, 2006
Is it a different hard drive?

Boot sector protection should have been on by default. That shouldn't have happened.

Unless you were visiting a lot of sites you weren't supposed to We all know about your browsing habits now

Anyway, the only way to save it is to do a low level format of the ENTIRE drive. Have fun
Friends don't let friends buy Bose

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html
Message 6 of 9 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
514 posts

Nov 29, 2006

wrote:
Is it a different hard drive?

Boot sector protection should have been on by default. That shouldn't have happened.

Unless you were visiting a lot of sites you weren't supposed to We all know about your browsing habits now

Anyway, the only way to save it is to do a low level format of the ENTIRE drive. Have fun

That's not very nice...anyways, it's already fixed.  I just had to take the floppy disk out before you turn on the computer...
Message 7 of 9 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8799 posts

Nov 29, 2006
lol, it's not a virus. it's just that his floppy is booted on startup. you would use a startup disc in the event that your computer can't boot up normally and will enable you to get into safemode.
Photobucket
Message 8 of 9 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9674 posts

Nov 29, 2006

hale rocks wrote:
What the heck does this mean?  Non-System disk or disk error Replace and press any key when ready.  After I got done using a floppy disk, I turned off the computer forgetting to take out the floppy disk.  The next morning, this error popped up.  I don't know what the heck it meant, but I turned the computer back off and I took the floppy disk out.  After that, it booted up correctly.  The point I'm trying to reach is, is this normal to happen?  Bcuz the day before, I scanned my system with the virus scanner and I found a few boot sector viruses.  Do you think the boot sector virus caused the error when I was trying to boot my computer?  Can you just tell me what you think about this?  This could be my very first computer lesson (don't know pooh about computer)

it means the computer tried to boot the computer off the disk in the drive, just take it out and its fine.  the computer goes through a sequence when booting up trying to find the right files to load from, its no big deal at all dont worry. also if you have pc issues pm me i know quite a bit about windows

Message Edited by Masta Squidge on 11-28-2006 09:21 PM
Message 9 of 9 (8 Views)
0 Likes