Mar 26 2007
By: Manuelitoohno Fender Bender 4694 posts

help im getting my Drivers license

14 replies 2 views Edited Mar 26, 2007
I live in Nevada, here you have to have ur permit for 6 months till you can get your full license, if i wanna jump straight into the full DL without having a permit i have to be 18.

I herd that in kansas You can jump straight to your full DL when you turn 16 without having to have a permit since 14 year olds over there can get a permit.

is this true? if so im going to kansas since my dad travels there and stays there 2 weeks a month and we have friends over there and they can put my name in their adress and then I'll stick with the kansas DL and wait a while then move it so i can get my FULL NV DL, I know this because i read the Nevada DMV booklet that says that if you have a FULL DL in anyother state and you move to Nevada youll get a Nevada DL.
»Thomas DeLonge is my hero«

» New User Guide | PSP FAQ | PS3 FAQ | Community News | Secret «
Message 1 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8643 posts

Re: help im getting my Drivers license

Mar 26, 2007
Yeah tat would work...
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Shot at 2007-08-05
Message 2 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2583 posts

Mar 26, 2007
I'm actually not sure about current laws, but I got my permit at 14 and license at 16 and I was in Arkansas.
Message 3 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4694 posts

Mar 26, 2007

PSP_FAN_4567 wrote:
Yeah tat would work...

I know but i need someone from kansas to confirm this

Message 4 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4128 posts

Mar 26, 2007
I believe that you need to meet your state's requirements to transfer the license. Meaning that you would have to be of sufficent age to have your license.
Message 5 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4694 posts

Mar 26, 2007

Danil-ACE wrote:
I believe that you need to meet your state's requirements to transfer the license. Meaning that you would have to be of sufficent age to have your license.

obiously, here in nevada you can have a full DL when your 16, im allready 16, but i dont wanna wait 6 months to get a DL,

Message 6 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
506 posts

Mar 26, 2007
i would say thats not possible..because the state will let you have an out of state license for a limited amount of time then u must take the driving requirements to get the license from ur  state ....u should look into that....u cant drive in a different state with a different license...well thats the laws here in cali n i expect everywhere else
“Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power.”----unknown

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 7 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6665 posts

Mar 26, 2007
i lived in kansas (unfortunately) for a short time. This is a good idea, but I don't think it will work because once you get a KS license and try to get it transferred to a NV license.... you must meet NV's requirements. im glad they didn't have these restrictions when I was ur age.
Photobucket
Message 8 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
14324 posts

Mar 26, 2007
you have to live in a place to be judged as a citizen of that state..... its weeks or months.... 
Message 9 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
18887 posts

Mar 26, 2007
The 6 month permit time isn't there to annoy you, it's there for your benefit, and the benefit of every other driver on the road.

Rushing to get out on the road and driving on your own, inexperienced, is just asking for an accident. Accidents aren't cheap either. Assume everyone comes out unharmed, you're lucky. But many states have laws that have you automatically on "probation" from the get-go so accidents and other major traffic violations may get your license taken away for several years. Your already expensive insurance (because new drivers always have high insurance), will surely go up even more also. This is all assuming no personal injury to anyone, or any property damage.

Finally, transferring a license from one state to another isn't as simple as signing a couple papers. There are often fees, and lots of diving back and forth from one state to the other trying to get all the paperwork you need done, done.
Message 10 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes