Oct 29 2010
By: Teeman92 Uncharted Territory 1953 posts

headphones suddenly makes uneven sounds?

12 replies 996 views Edited Oct 29, 2010

i swear this is the third friggen headphone that went bad on me, my first one lasted more than a year. its jack came off. I bought a pair of 5 dollar headphone, they sounded like crap. pretty soon the wiring came out of the phone and the headphones wonk work. week later i bought another pair of 10 headphones, they sounded PERFECT. now for some reason, the sound is uneven. like the left side is louder than the right. any remedys? i dont want to have to waste 10 more bucks -.-

Message 1 of 13 (996 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9755 posts

Re: headphones suddenly makes uneven sounds?

Oct 29, 2010

I suppose that's what you get when you buy $10 headphones. 

I suggest buying a decent pair next time so that they last longer, a decent pair costs about $25-$30. 

They should last you a few years if you treat them well. 

Message 2 of 13 (996 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Oct 29, 2010

there are headphone that are 25 bucks? Is that even real??

bleh, ill just try to cope with it

Message 3 of 13 (996 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
9755 posts

Oct 29, 2010

Teeman92 wrote:

There are $350 head phones.  

Message 4 of 13 (996 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Oct 29, 2010

EliteGamer83 wrote:

Teeman92 wrote:

There are $350 head phones.  

That's crazy!

Message 5 of 13 (996 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5311 posts

Oct 29, 2010

are you talking about over-ear or in-ear?

This is probably unrelated if you are talking about in-ear, but this problem was happening to me the other day. It turned out that the speaker in one of my ear-buds was being blocked by - earwax (yes, earwax)... gross I know. Underneath the plush ear thingy is the actual speaker and the sound is sometimes being driven out of a small hole, which if blocked, can mute the sound quite a lot. 

Photobucket

Blue Led at 1754 posts on 11/08/05 at 10:04 am... w0ot.
Message 6 of 13 (996 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
85 posts

Oct 29, 2010
my headphones randomly blow music at the rarest of times. like today i was on the bus listening to them and all of of sudden they are blaring my song. BLARING SO LOUD that I couldn't even think. very scary. (at least for me)
Message 7 of 13 (996 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1362 posts

Oct 29, 2010

I recommend getting the Razer Moray or Moray+

For $40, you get an amazing set of headphones.  They also use nice rubber covers, so they feel nice in your ear.

For $60, you can get the Moray+ and get adaptors for the DS and PSP, as well as a carry case.

But yea, there are headphones that are more expensive than that.  There's a company, I forgot what they're called.  They make headphones called Platinum P7's or something like that.  They're ear buds, and they cost $199.99, but from all the reviews I've seen, it's apparently like sticking a piece of heaven in your ear.

$10 and $5 headphones have really, REALLY crappy audio, and you're really missing out.  Buy a nice set of headphones that will last you for a couple of years.

Message 8 of 13 (996 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Oct 29, 2010

metal0130 wrote:

This is probably unrelated if you are talking about in-ear, but this problem was happening to me the other day. It turned out that the speaker in one of my ear-buds was being blocked by - earwax (yes, earwax)... gross I know. Underneath the plush ear thingy is the actual speaker and the sound is sometimes being driven out of a small hole, which if blocked, can mute the sound quite a lot. 

Its a in-ear headphone. I just cleaned it...still not as powerfual. and i just happened today. i did play monster hunter on full blast last night if that contributes to sounds weakining

Message 9 of 13 (996 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9755 posts

Oct 29, 2010

Teeman92 wrote:

metal0130 wrote:

Its a in-ear headphone. I just cleaned it...still not as powerfual. and i just happened today. i did play monster hunter on full blast last night if that contributes to sounds weakining

Cheap-o headphones usually have a max-out range. You may have blown the little speaker cone. However, it's not likely more likely is a loose connection on the plug or in the earphone. 

Have you banged them around much? 

Message 10 of 13 (996 Views)
0 Likes