Reply
Jan 03 2007
By: gggg-unit~ Uncharted Territory 1469 posts
Offline

graphics card?

7 replies 18 views Edited Jan 3, 2007
well my friend has a agp slot for his computer and he wants a really cheap card and all he wants to do is run counter strike source, and i was wondering if this card would work for it.

and what video settings would it probly be able to run css on?

and if theres any other cheap graphics cards that would run css on good settings please put a link to them.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 1 of 8 (18 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 03/25/2005
Offline
18648 posts
 

Re: graphics card?

Jan 3, 2007


gggg-unit wrote:
well my friend has a agp slot for his computer and he wants a really cheap card and all he wants to do is run counter strike source, and i was wondering if this card would work for it.

and what video settings would it probly be able to run css on?

and if theres any other cheap graphics cards that would run css on good settings please put a link to them.


Yes and people tell me they are able to run it with a mix of low and medium settings. What is your budget?
Message 2 of 8 (18 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/28/2005
Offline
1469 posts
 

Re: graphics card?

Jan 3, 2007


aznsniper911 wrote:


gggg-unit wrote:
well my friend has a agp slot for his computer and he wants a really cheap card and all he wants to do is run counter strike source, and i was wondering if this card would work for it.

and what video settings would it probly be able to run css on?

and if theres any other cheap graphics cards that would run css on good settings please put a link to them.


Yes and people tell me they are able to run it with a mix of low and medium settings. What is your budget?


like 30-60 on a good 128 or a good 256 mb card.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 3 of 8 (18 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 03/25/2005
Offline
18648 posts
 

Re: graphics card?

Jan 3, 2007


gggg-unit wrote:
like 30-60 on a good 128 or a good 256 mb card.

If he is really that short on cash then thats about as good as you going to get. I think the AGP is the one where you can unlock the pipeline......
Message 4 of 8 (18 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/28/2005
Offline
1469 posts
 

Re: graphics card?

Jan 3, 2007


aznsniper911 wrote:


gggg-unit wrote:
like 30-60 on a good 128 or a good 256 mb card.

If he is really that short on cash then thats about as good as you going to get. I think the AGP is the one where you can unlock the pipeline......


well he said about 120 but he just wants to run css on medium to high settings and i dont think he has to spend that much just to run one game... but if he has to.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 5 of 8 (18 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 03/25/2005
Offline
18648 posts
 

Re: graphics card?

Jan 3, 2007


gggg-unit wrote:
well he said about 120 but he just wants to run css on medium to high settings and i dont think he has to spend that much just to run one game... but if he has to.

Safer bet, you don't want a 6200le now at days, ask me two years ago and it was a great card but now it's horrible due to the games becomeing so intense. I would get this if his powersupply can support it and his cpu doesn't bottleneck.
Message 6 of 8 (18 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/19/2005
Offline
3059 posts
 

Re: graphics card?

Jan 3, 2007


aznsniper911 wrote:


gggg-unit wrote:
well he said about 120 but he just wants to run css on medium to high settings and i dont think he has to spend that much just to run one game... but if he has to.

Safer bet, you don't want a 6200le now at days, ask me two years ago and it was a great card but now it's horrible due to the games becomeing so intense. I would get this if his powersupply can support it and his cpu doesn't bottleneck.


You basically already answered this post... but I wanted to chime in too. Espicially to others who might read this..
 
When looking for budget videocards, AVOID cards that have a 64-bit bus! Like the card in the first post. It has a 64-bit bus. It will KILL your performance more than anything else. It just sucks. It basically cuts the bandwidth of the card in half and the performance will suffer greatly as a result. Don't buy anything with a 64-bit bus (espicially ATI cards) unless you absolutely cannot afford it at all.
Friends don't let friends buy Bose

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html
Message 7 of 8 (18 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 03/25/2005
Offline
18648 posts
 

Re: graphics card?

Jan 3, 2007


wrote:
You basically already answered this post... but I wanted to chime in too. Espicially to others who might read this..
 
When looking for budget videocards, AVOID cards that have a 64-bit bus! Like the card in the first post. It has a 64-bit bus. It will KILL your performance more than anything else. It just sucks. It basically cuts the bandwidth of the card in half and the performance will suffer greatly as a result. Don't buy anything with a 64-bit bus (espicially ATI cards) unless you absolutely cannot afford it at all.

That is true but like your last statement unless you can't afford it at all. I seen many situations where people are very tight on money and it can't be helped. 128-bit bus is better but seems to be aging pretty fast too.
Message 8 of 8 (18 Views)
Reply
0 Likes