Highlighted
Mar 20 2007
By: ii0ooo~ Uncharted Territory 1894 posts

got some q's on xbox 360 and ps3

8 replies 15 views Edited Mar 20, 2007
alright im gonna get one or the other but here are the q's

xbox360:
1.Can i use a usb adaptor so i can have wireless internet on it?

2.Is it wireless or wired?

3.Which is better for a person who plays online some of the time a pro or core?

4.Of an scaling of 1-10 10 being highest what would you give to xbox 360?

5.Pros?

6.Cons?

Ps3:
1.Its wireless right? So i dont need to hook it up to anything?

2.Which one is better for a person who plays online some of the time the premium or core?

3.Is it hard to set up? Like do you have to cahrge it or stuff like that?

4.Pros?

5.Cons?

Thanks, i really want the better of the two and i had a wii and wasnt satisfied one bit, nintendo isnt gonna be the same anymore

My Ps3 Wait Who Cares About Ps3? My XBOX360 Fund:$:415
Message 1 of 9 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10086 posts

Re: got some q's on xbox 360 and ps3

Mar 20, 2007
I'm looking forward to these answers too.  I plan on buying one, and right now I'm aiming more towards a 360, but haven't made a final decision yet.
Message 2 of 9 (15 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
991 posts

Mar 20, 2007

xbox360:
1.Can i use a usb adaptor so i can have wireless internet on it?-  no but you can buy a cheap wireless bridge

2.Is it wireless or wired?   wirless

I have had both the 360 and the PS3 and I returned my PS3, I think the 360 is a better. all-around package.

Message Edited by MichaelD on 03-20-2007 02:23 PM
mclldavidson's Gamercard

Get your own Gamercard Sig

PS3 ID is Michael_D
Message 3 of 9 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1894 posts

Mar 20, 2007
where do i buy the bridge i looked all over cant find it, a name and link would really help

MichaelD wrote:

xbox360:
1.Can i use a usb adaptor so i can have wireless internet on it?-  no but you can buy a cheap wireless bridge

2.Is it wireless or wired?   wirless

My Ps3 Wait Who Cares About Ps3? My XBOX360 Fund:$:415
Message 4 of 9 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13387 posts

Mar 20, 2007

ii0ooo wrote:

xbox360:
1.Can i use a usb adaptor so i can have wireless internet on it? from my knowledge, no

2.Is it wireless or wired? everything is wireless, except the wired controller ofc

3.Which is better for a person who plays online some of the time a pro or core? pro. you need pro to play online

4.Of an scaling of 1-10 10 being highest what would you give to xbox 360? 9

5.Pros? great online, superior graphics, huge library, lots of content

6.Cons? not much

Ps3:
1.Its wireless right? So i dont need to hook it up to anything? yes its wireless, only thing you ned to hook up is the cable to the tv obviously

2.Which one is better for a person who plays online some of the time the premium or core? it doesnt matter, both play online. but the 60gb vers would be better if you plan on storing lots of crap on the ps3

3.Is it hard to set up? Like do you have to cahrge it or stuff like that? no, its easy. only bad thing is the controller takes 3-4 hours at first charge

4.Pros? bluray, good graphics, sixaxis, sleek design, ps home

5.Cons? losing exclusives, online play is far behind xbox live's, ps store doesnt offer very much, hardware problems, still early on, expensive, not many games

Thanks, i really want the better of the two and i had a wii and wasnt satisfied one bit, nintendo isnt gonna be the same anymore

Message 5 of 9 (15 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
991 posts

Mar 20, 2007
I used a Linksys wet11 wireless bridge
http://cgi.ebay.com/Linksys-WET11-802-11b-Wireless-Ethernet-Bridge_W0QQitemZ260098290926QQcategoryZ6...

Wal-Mart sells a wireless bridge in the games section in my town for 50 bucks.
mclldavidson's Gamercard

Get your own Gamercard Sig

PS3 ID is Michael_D
Message 6 of 9 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8950 posts

Mar 20, 2007

ii0ooo wrote:

xbox360:
1.Can i use a usb adaptor so i can have wireless internet on it?
Yes you can you need this
2.Is it wireless or wired?
If you mean the controller, it is wireless if you buy the Premium pack which is what you should get.
3.Which is better for a person who plays online some of the time a pro or core?
Just get the Premium, you get the hard drive so you can download demos, a headset, component cables.  Don't get the core
4.Of an scaling of 1-10 10 being highest what would you give to xbox 360?
5.Pros?
Lots of good games, a lot more to come, great online service. 
6.Cons?
It can be kind of loud but It's not that bad. 
Ps3:
1.Its wireless right? So i dont need to hook it up to anything?
If you buy the 60 gig version.  You can't really find the 20 gig anyway.
2.Which one is better for a person who plays online some of the time the premium or core?
See above
3.Is it hard to set up? Like do you have to cahrge it or stuff like that?
Only the controller. 
4.Pros?
Blu-Ray, Home, third party support, 3rd party support
5.Cons?
There exclusive list of games is decreasing a ton. 

I think the 360 is a better deal, the PS3 is losing a lot of exclusives so you can save some money.

PSN:ThePeacemaker02
Message 7 of 9 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19276 posts

Mar 20, 2007

Ravage Ritual wrote:

ii0ooo wrote:

xbox360:
1.Can i use a usb adaptor so i can have wirelessrinternet on it? from my knowledge, no

2.Is it wireless or wired? everything is wireless, except the wired controller ofc  and the power cord and cable going to tv

3.Which is better for a person who plays online some of the time a pro or core? pro. you need pro to play online  no you dont you need the hdd though

4.Of an scaling of 1-10 10 being highest what would you give to xbox 360? 9

5.Pros? great online, superior graphics, huge library, lots of content

6.Cons? not much

Ps3:
1.Its wireless right? So i dont need to hook it up to anything? yes its wireless, only thing you ned to hook up is the cable to the tv obviously  and power

2.Which one is better for a person who plays online some of the time the premium or core? it doesnt matter, both play online. but the 60gb vers would be  better if you plan on storing lots of crap on the ps3  that dosnt mater you can buy an hdd for it

3.Is it hard to set up? Like do you have to cahrge it or stuff like that? no, its easy. only bad thing is the controller takes 3-4 hours at first charge

4.Pros? bluray, good graphics, sixaxis, sleek design, ps home

5.Cons? losing exclusives, online play is far behind xbox live's, ps store doesnt offer very much, hardware problems, still early on, expensive, not many games

fixed
click for candy
Message 8 of 9 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
963 posts

Mar 20, 2007

ii0ooo wrote:

xbox360:
1.Can i use a usb adaptor so i can have wireless internet on it? MS sells a wireless adapter for $100

2.Is it wireless or wired? I assume you mean the connection, its wired. Controllers come in wired or wireless if thats what you're talking about.

3.Which is better for a person who plays online some of the time a pro or core? A pro is pretty much the only way to go. Period.

4.Of an scaling of 1-10 10 being highest what would you give to xbox 360? 9 (no true HD movies without drive)

5.Pros? Great games, proven system, the best online service, easy setup and management, upscaling dvd player.

6.Cons? No true HD movies out-of-the-box (HD DVD drive for $200), reliability used to be hit and miss (it has improved)

Ps3:
1.Its wireless right? So i dont need to hook it up to anything? 60GB is wireless.

2.Which one is better for a person who plays online some of the time the premium or core? I would go with a premium.

3.Is it hard to set up? Like do you have to cahrge it or stuff like that? Not really.

4.Pros? Blu-ray player, great multimedia capabilities, good quality product.

5.Cons? Expensive, unproven system, unproven technologies, losing exclusive titles, not a good selection of games, horrible online service.

If I were you, right now, I would go for the Xbox 360. Playing with font colors is fun, haha.

Message Edited by OPTIONstreamZ on 03-20-2007 05:37 PM
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 9 of 9 (15 Views)
0 Likes