Jul 15 2013
By: exavandino First Son 10 posts

expensive

20 replies 145 views Edited Jul 15, 2013

Hi

Today I have created account and I wan't to know, why are American "buy dowload" or "buy disc" cheaper then in another countries? exsample in Croatia is disc 111 dolars in america is 60 dolars.  The download buy is the same 50% expensive then america. so I don't know will I buy ps4 if it is so expensive in Croatia.  How can I buy American "downloads" ?? because I am not crazy to give 50% more money for the same game.

Message 1 of 21 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Re: expensive

Jul 15, 2013

exavandino wrote:

Hi

Today I have created account and I wan't to know, why are American "buy dowload" or "buy disc" cheaper then in another countries? exsample in Croatia is disc 111 dolars in america is 60 dolars.  The download buy is the same 50% expensive then america. so I don't know will I buy ps4 if it is so expensive in Croatia.  How can I buy American "downloads" ?? because I am not crazy to give 50% more money for the same game.

Not all regions have the same currency.

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 2 of 21 (144 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jul 15, 2013

I know but online download must be for all countries the same, not the disc... like steam

Message 3 of 21 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Jul 15, 2013

exavandino wrote:

I know but online download must be for all countries the same, not the disc... like steam

Thats not how it works on consoles.

FiveFourteen
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 4 of 21 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3659 posts

Jul 15, 2013
Yeah. For example $200 is about £150 in the UK.
However America do get things much, much cheaper. Just look at the PS4 and XBone.
Makes me cringe when an American complains about their price...
Message 5 of 21 (130 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jul 15, 2013

yea there is everything low price.. now I will not buy ps4 I stay on pc.... when buy download will be the same in all countries then I will buy ps4.... stupid politics

Message 6 of 21 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Jul 15, 2013

exavandino wrote:

yea there is everything low price.. now I will not buy ps4 I stay on pc.... when buy download will be the same in all countries then I will buy ps4.... stupid politics

Okay. Hope you enjoyed your stay.

FiveFourteen
Message 7 of 21 (118 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4073 posts

Jul 15, 2013

The world is PSN regioned. You have to have a PSN ID made for a specific region to use that region's store.

You have to have money for that store too, so your Credit Card must be from that region, or you have to buy PSN cards from that region to put into that PSN ID's online wallet.

Differences in online and disc prices exist in the USA as well as in other regions. Also, you can't compare head to head prices region to region, there are reasons for different prices: agreements, licensing, and don't forget that exchange rates fluctuate.

Message 8 of 21 (117 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jul 15, 2013

Yea ofc I know all that but only i am angry because buy download is not the same like on steam. On steam you can be from Zimbabwe or America and the price is same. But disc is dics normal it will be more expensive then online game. so thx guys for reply I stay at my pc.... **bleep** I wanted so bad the ps4 Smiley Sad(((

Message 9 of 21 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Jul 15, 2013

exavandino wrote:

Yea ofc I know all that but only i am angry because buy download is not the same like on steam. On steam you can be from Zimbabwe or America and the price is same. But disc is dics normal it will be more expensive then online game. so thx guys for reply I stay at my pc.... **bleep** I wanted so bad the ps4 Smiley Sad(((

Think of Steam as Linux and a console as a PC.

One is open source and the other is not.

FiveFourteen
Message 10 of 21 (110 Views)
0 Likes