9688 posts

Re: decision time*military* with pic

Nov 24, 2006

Lord of dragons wrote:

Hawkeyz799 wrote:

Lord of dragons wrote:
my mom is putting up one hell of a fight
im getting the recruiters over here this week

no one wants to see there son go into war..

my mom would break my leg so i couldnt leave lol

18 to go to war
ill be 17

And besides, with the jobs you are wanting...there isn't anything to worry about.
Message 81 of 88 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
24387 posts

Nov 24, 2006

FutureMarine2008 wrote:

Lord of dragons wrote:

Hawkeyz799 wrote:

Lord of dragons wrote:
my mom is putting up one hell of a fight
im getting the recruiters over here this week

no one wants to see there son go into war..

my mom would break my leg so i couldnt leave lol

18 to go to war
ill be 17

And besides, with the jobs you are wanting...there isn't anything to worry about.

my brother supports this even and he hates meSmiley Indifferent
true love waits
Message 82 of 88 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9688 posts

Nov 24, 2006
I do have a suggestion for you that I realized earlier today.

You really need to think about the ONE and ONLY thing you want to do while you are in.

It seems to me that you have constantly been changing your mind about things.  When we first talked, you wanted to join the Army.  Then you wanted to join the Marines after I talked to you.  You wanted to be in infantry.  You were saying how awesome it would be to go driving into Iraq with AC/DC playing in the humvee you would be in.  Then you talk about being MP, then about not joining at all and going to art school.  Then you decide you want to be a combat photographer for the Marines, then you decide MP again.  Then you decide to forget about the Marines, then join the Army again.  You want to be Chaplain assistant, then you decide you want to be MP.

Seems to me like you have A LOT of thinking to do about what you want to do.  You need to come up with something concrete...not something you are going to change your mind about in a week.
Message 83 of 88 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
24387 posts

Nov 24, 2006
ill find out at MEPS when i speak with the counsler about my future and my goals
both of the jobs combine what i want to do
and thats to keep order and help people
MP to uphold laws and such
chaplain assistant to keep morale and such up
school counsler wont help much here
true love waits
Message 84 of 88 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9688 posts

Nov 24, 2006
Note that they are MEP counselers.  They don't pick it for you.  You need to have a SOLID idea of what you are going to do before you get there.  It isn't their job to find one for you.  Only you can do that.

Flip flopping between jobs is something that you shouldn't really be doing.  You are unsure as to what you want to do, thats fine, you still have time.  But before you say you are going to do something...make sure you are.  It seems like you are unsure about even joining a branch of the military, let alone a job.
Message 85 of 88 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
24387 posts

Nov 24, 2006

FutureMarine2008 wrote:
Note that they are MEP counselers.  They don't pick it for you.  You need to have a SOLID idea of what you are going to do before you get there.  It isn't their job to find one for you.  Only you can do that.

Flip flopping between jobs is something that you shouldn't really be doing.  You are unsure as to what you want to do, thats fine, you still have time.  But before you say you are going to do something...make sure you are.  It seems like you are unsure about even joining a branch of the military, let alone a job.

counslers for the army help you pick whats better for your future goals
im sure of the branch not of the job thoughSmiley Tongue
true love waits
Message 86 of 88 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15169 posts

Nov 24, 2006
Some of you people are some of the most uninformed people that I have ever seen in my life, when it comes to the military and what they do and how they do it. American, and Canadian alike.

First of all the war thing is really starting to piss me off, I know ALOT of marines, Infanteers, MP's, Arty men, and many other combat trades in the US military and ALOT of them havent gone over seas yet and alot of them have been in for more then 4 years. Lets me give you a heads up, it isnt COMPLETLY manditory to go fight in the way for ALOT of the trades out there.

If you join up as Infantry, or Marines or any ground combat trade your ASKING to be sent over cause that is what they train for, FIGHTING! What would you expect? To join the Marines climb to the Rank of Sgt and NEVER go over seas? Yeah right thats a waste of space, marines are a fighting force as are the infanteers they train to kill, they train to be the backbone of the combat arms in any military.

Next alot of you assume that as soon as you join the military your stupid and your going to go overseas and get yourself killed. To the people that think this your retarded, and I know alot of you do cause Ive seen alot of you post about it. There are over 500 different jobs in the Military, only a SMALL number of those jobs are combat trades where you are trained to kill and fight away from home, I say again only a SMALL number. Alot of military trades focous on the home front, alot of trades dont even let you touch a weapon ever cause they don't need to. Pay attention to this next part cause alot of you people need to start thinking outside the movies......there are over 500 DIFFERENT jobs in the military and most are common jobs that people do as civies just in a military setting. Take a computer Tech, they have that trade in the military, so think civi side for a second, now add the respect, pride of country and the discipline. Every trade has that.

Now here is the kick in the ass for you uninformed people out there that think people who cant get a real job join the military. There are ALOT of jobs that require at least a grade 12 education, there are more that require a dagree or have something that you gained from university or College. Officers for example require a GOOD education as well as second education to join as at entry.

Alot of you people need to grow up and realalize that joining the military doesnt require you to die, and use weapons. It also doesnt mean you are dumb. What you do need to think about is the fact that over %50 of people who apply for the US and Canadian military do NOT pass the physical or the mental testing that they give you BEFORE you even get sworn in. You also need to wake up and understand that just because you join that doesnt mean your going to be an infanteer, and it doesnt mean that your going over seas and that your country is screwing you or suckering you into getting killed.

Now to people that are serving NOW and who are thinking about serving I have something to tell you. "Once you finish basic training you have NOTHING to prove to any civilian because you have just done what they can't do or dont want to. Once you finish your advanced leadership course (PLQ in canada not sure what it is in the states.) you have nothing to prove to any existing service member."

To those thinking about joining but not to sure, I suggest the Reserve because there is NO guarntee and even reservist Infanteers have a CHOICE where they will get stationed and IF they will go over seas. basically the reserve revolves around your life not the militarys. if you like what your doing then join the Regular Force.

So for all the people making comments on things they know nothing about, look up the facts from the actual site and serving members usually corporal and below cause they havent had much leadership courses done and havent been influenced by recruiting courses. Also know that there are more then just combat trades in the military, they are called support trades.
Message 87 of 88 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
9688 posts

Nov 24, 2006

Rafe wrote:
Some of you people are some of the most uninformed people that I have ever seen in my life, when it comes to the military and what they do and how they do it. American, and Canadian alike.

First of all the war thing is really starting to piss me off, I know ALOT of marines, Infanteers, MP's, Arty men, and many other combat trades in the US military and ALOT of them havent gone over seas yet and alot of them have been in for more then 4 years. Lets me give you a heads up, it isnt COMPLETLY manditory to go fight in the way for ALOT of the trades out there.

QFT.  My brother is with Arty and has been in the Marines for over two years now.  The only place he is been that is considered a combat zone is the Philipines, and there isn't much going on there at all.  My brother has never stepped foot in Iraq or Afghanistan...a lot of people think that as soon as you sign that paper they pick up you, train you, then send you over to get killed. 

As always...your post is 100% right.  You put into words many of the thoughts I had.
Message 88 of 88 (0 Views)
0 Likes