Ghost of Sparta
18648 posts

Re: can any one recommed any good computers laptops and desktops welcome 56k*

Nov 27, 2006

mbslrm wrote:
Their battereies are also in cell phones, and pretty much every other handheld device you can think off. The laptops only had issues, because of the way laptops manage power. Every single laptop battery manufacturer out there has had recalss. It's just that Sony has the majority of the market.

Conclusion was manufacturing problems, not how the laptop uses it. Most batteries that exploded had problems being manufactuer or they were being abused as crazy. It costed Sony alot to repair that and their Tvs are okay now at days, nothing amazing, buy lcd panelsl from samsung and add extra features and you got a special sony TV, wow!
Message 31 of 65 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
18648 posts

Nov 27, 2006

hkkevinc wrote:

aznsniper911 wrote:

hkkevinc wrote:
Samsung hard drive/ram, Toshiba - DVD/CD Drive, Intel-Processor, and Nvidia - video card. The ram is ok. 667MHz. But its just the brand.

Samsung hd is on par with toshiba hdds. Toshiba DVD drives eh, didn't know they like it like that. Your video card is a reference nvidia one, so there is no brand obviously but it's reference card. 667, yawn for that price you should of gotten DDR2-800, and brand does matter for ram because it tells quality and the memory ICs use in them.

What do you mean reference card?

Reference cards are the ones with no brand, it just says Nvidia and they are produce by nvidia then given to makers like BFG or EVGA so they can tweak them the way they want with differen't cooling or overclock them out of stock.
Message 32 of 65 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3865 posts

Nov 27, 2006
     Dont get an alienware, its overrated crap, get a voodo, falcon northwest or a vigor. There all good computors. I would reccomend going with a core 2 extreame or a quad core intel and 2 8800GTX's.
PC>Every Console
Message 33 of 65 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8728 posts

Nov 27, 2006

aznsniper911 wrote:

hkkevinc wrote:

aznsniper911 wrote:

hkkevinc wrote:
Samsung hard drive/ram, Toshiba - DVD/CD Drive, Intel-Processor, and Nvidia - video card. The ram is ok. 667MHz. But its just the brand.

Samsung hd is on par with toshiba hdds. Toshiba DVD drives eh, didn't know they like it like that. Your video card is a reference nvidia one, so there is no brand obviously but it's reference card. 667, yawn for that price you should of gotten DDR2-800, and brand does matter for ram because it tells quality and the memory ICs use in them.

What do you mean reference card?

Reference cards are the ones with no brand, it just says Nvidia and they are produce by nvidia then given to makers like BFG or EVGA so they can tweak them the way they want with differen't cooling or overclock them out of stock.

Ahh i see. I do really like the EVGA 7900 GS lol.
Signatures and Avatars
Message 34 of 65 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
18648 posts

Nov 27, 2006

backfire103 wrote:
     Dont get an alienware, its overrated crap, get a voodo, falcon northwest or a vigor. There all good computors. I would reccomend going with a core 2 extreame or a quad core intel and 2 8800GTX's.

Look at the reviews, the SLI 8800GTX with alot of cpus out their have bottleneck problems, the high end Quad core will take away the bottleneck but you'll spending so much money to waste because he won't use Quad core to the fullest and SLI requires quite some tweaking to get it right,
Message 35 of 65 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
18648 posts

Nov 27, 2006

hkkevinc wrote:
Ahh i see. I do really like the EVGA 7900 GS lol.

They are all amost the same with minor tweaks like i said before.
Message 36 of 65 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
24213 posts

Nov 27, 2006
Lookie loo here: CLOICKY
Photobucket
Message 37 of 65 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7820 posts

Nov 27, 2006

backfire103 wrote:

I think anything with dual 8800GTXs and a Core 2 Quad could stun any high-end game on sight.

I'll add 4GB DDR2 800 RAM. 4GB is so wasteful. It's nice.
Formerly "Overclocked Cellist"
Message 38 of 65 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
24213 posts

Nov 27, 2006

Overclocked Cellist wrote:

backfire103 wrote:

I think anything with dual 8800GTXs and a Core 2 Quad could stun any high-end game on sight.

also about 3TB of HDD space

Photobucket
Message 39 of 65 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
18648 posts

Nov 27, 2006

Overclocked Cellist wrote:

backfire103 wrote:

Yeah but the bottleneck makes even me hessitant to buy it.
Message 40 of 65 (0 Views)
0 Likes