Highlighted
Jan 16 2013
By: MLT24 Uncharted Territory 1684 posts

burn mark on screen??

3 replies 109 views Edited Jan 16, 2013

Anyone know what causes this burn mark and/or how to get rid of it?

Tx.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/427996_10200318222378749_1644072468_n.jpg

Mom can I have another quarter, pleeezzzzzzzz!!!!!
Message 1 of 4 (109 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28204 posts

Re: burn mark on screen??

[ Edited ]
Jan 16, 2013

A burn mark is created when we leave our television on for a long time (or consistantly) with the same image on without moving. Basically, we are playing a game and then decide to run to the store for a couple of hours without shutting off the television or console. This can cause burn-in.

Or we can get it when a game we are playing has a compass or radar in the corner of the screen that is constantly active.

However newer televisions have been made that would reduce the effect. But I would still recommend that if we do leave our game on, to at least turn off the television. Of course leaving our game on while away may be reduce the life expectancy of our PS3s...

I don't think that we can get rid of the burn-in. But if we play tons of games with permanent images in a corner (or whereever) we will be able to blur it.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 2 of 4 (99 Views)
MVP Support
39424 posts

Jan 16, 2013

I concur with what Conrad above has said.

To the OP, that's some burn-in mark & such an odd shape too, do you have any idea what caused it?

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 3 of 4 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Jan 17, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

A burn mark is created when we leave our television on for a long time (or consistantly) with the same image on without moving. Basically, we are playing a game and then decide to run to the store for a couple of hours without shutting off the television or console. This can cause burn-in.

Or we can get it when a game we are playing has a compass or radar in the corner of the screen that is constantly active.

However newer televisions have been made that would reduce the effect. But I would still recommend that if we do leave our game on, to at least turn off the television. Of course leaving our game on while away may be reduce the life expectancy of our PS3s...

I don't think that we can get rid of the burn-in. But if we play tons of games with permanent images in a corner (or whereever) we will be able to blur it.

Uhhh, i didn't know that, thanks for the info!

Message 4 of 4 (70 Views)
0 Likes