Ghost of Sparta
15381 posts

Re: **bleep**? Another Xbots?

Jan 5, 2007

SlyTheBoss wrote:

JDplasma11 wrote:
IF that's true(as it's just a rumor at this point), they better allow us to trade in the current 360s and get that one for free.

Why? When I bought my Civic 2005 in Dec 2004, did I asks Honda to exchange my Civic when the new 2006 Civic came out? Nope. If I really really wanted one, I would have sold (at a loss) my 2005 and buy the 2006. Samething here. It's not as if new games aren't going to work on the 360 V1 or anything you know...

When did the 360 become a car?

Video game systems are supposed to last around 5 years. If MS comes out in 2 years and make san upgrade, they should be fair to the early adopters
Message 81 of 98 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6531 posts

Jan 5, 2007

GRIM-SNIPER wrote:
That is all right.  I will just happen to "overheat" my current 360 when that comes out and use my warranty to get the new one! MWHAHAAHAHA!

Yeah, my Best Buy warranty expires next January. Somehow, sometime in early Jan 2008, my console will be played while inside a non ventilated box
Message 82 of 98 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3966 posts

Jan 5, 2007
LMAO at the people who actually think they'll let you trade it the old system for the supposed new one. It's not going to happen.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"
Message 83 of 98 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6531 posts

Jan 5, 2007

EarthBoundNESS wrote:
i hope this means a price drop on the original oneSmiley Very Happy i'll go and buy that one the day the new one launches.

If that's true, what I think you'll see is instead of a price drop, is the new V2 console for the price of the old premium one. V1 currently on stock will be offered at a discounted price. 360V2 with a HDMI port (and who knows, may be a HDMI cable ) with a 120GB HDD for $400 That would sure help their movie/tv show download (wg bigger HDD) although it's already doing fine from what I read on the web.

Message 84 of 98 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6531 posts

Jan 5, 2007

JDplasma11 wrote:

SlyTheBoss wrote:

JDplasma11 wrote:
IF that's true(as it's just a rumor at this point), they better allow us to trade in the current 360s and get that one for free.

Why? When I bought my Civic 2005 in Dec 2004, did I asks Honda to exchange my Civic when the new 2006 Civic came out? Nope. If I really really wanted one, I would have sold (at a loss) my 2005 and buy the 2006. Samething here. It's not as if new games aren't going to work on the 360 V1 or anything you know...

When did the 360 become a car?

Video game systems are supposed to last around 5 years. If MS comes out in 2 years and make san upgrade, they should be fair to the early adopters

Never heard of an analogy?

A car has a 'design life' of 4-5 years as well with every years adding little bells and whistles until a major redesign (the 4-5 years thing).

Message 85 of 98 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6531 posts

Jan 5, 2007

monkey0111 wrote:
LMAO at the people who actually think they'll let you trade it the old system for the supposed new one. It's not going to happen.

Depends if they still have them in stock...

Edit: OT: Woohoo! I'm now a 128-bit. Now let see what I can use as an image

Message Edited by SlyTheBoss on 01-05-2007 04:47 PM
Message 86 of 98 (1 View)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15867 posts

Jan 5, 2007
This should cause a nice riot, since MS is probably not going to let the millions of Xbox owners around the country trade theirs in (do you know how much they would lose with older 360's nobody wants???). I haven't heard of expansions or revisions to a console a year after it comes out. This only proves that they are trying to follow Sony and make theirs better. Doubling the HDD and adding an HDMI port should hoist the system's price up a few notches. Add a Live subscription on and you're on the PS3's cost level.

I am going to sit back, watch the helpless complaining about no "trade-in program", and laugh at you all,  knowing my PS3 still has a long life to live out

Message 87 of 98 (1 View)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12737 posts

Jan 5, 2007

thatonekid393 wrote:
This should cause a nice riot, since MS is probably not going to let the millions of Xbox owners around the country trade theirs in (do you know how much they would lose with older 360's nobody wants???). I haven't heard of expansions or revisions to a console a year after it comes out. This only proves that they are trying to follow Sony and make theirs better. Doubling the HDD and adding an HDMI port should hoist the system's price up a few notches. Add a Live subscription on and you're on the PS3's cost level.

I am going to sit back, watch the helpless complaining about no "trade-in program", and laugh at you all,  knowing my PS3 still has a long life to live out

and I'm going to laugh at you laughing about something thats stupid to laugh about.
Message 88 of 98 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5377 posts

Jan 5, 2007

thatonekid393 wrote:

If anything when the new verison comes out the old ones will drop in price.. I.E. New verison: $400, Premium $300, core $200.

lol...  you guys on these forums need help...

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 89 of 98 (1 View)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15867 posts

Jan 5, 2007

Bgamer wrote:

thatonekid393 wrote:

If anything when the new verison comes out the old ones will drop in price.. I.E. New verison: $400, Premium $300, core $200.

lol...  you guys on these forums need help...

Sadly, it is you that needs the help.

Ask yourself; will adding 60 GB of space as a hard drive keep the price where it is?

How about adding an HDMI port and higher-standard output equipment, will that raise it up?

I may be alone but I think the answer is "yes". I rest confident Sony would never pull a fast one on me.
Message 90 of 98 (1 View)
0 Likes