0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5377 posts

Re: **bleep**? Another Xbots?

Jan 5, 2007

thatonekid393 wrote:

Bgamer wrote:

thatonekid393 wrote:
This should cause a nice riot, since MS is probably not going to let the millions of Xbox owners around the country trade theirs in (do you know how much they would lose with older 360's nobody wants???). I haven't heard of expansions or revisions to a console a year after it comes out. This only proves that they are trying to follow Sony and make theirs better. Doubling the HDD and adding an HDMI port should hoist the system's price up a few notches. Add a Live subscription on and you're on the PS3's cost level.

I am going to sit back, watch the helpless complaining about no "trade-in program", and laugh at you all,  knowing my PS3 still has a long life to live out

If anything when the new verison comes out the old ones will drop in price.. I.E. New verison: $400, Premium $300, core $200.

lol...  you guys on these forums need help...

Sadly, it is you that needs the help. lol sure...

Ask yourself; will adding 60 GB of space as a hard drive keep the price where it is? It can but sometimes it can't. It depends on whenever the new verison comes out. Did the price of the ps2 increase when the small faster, ethernet ready ps2 was realesed? Nope.

How about adding an HDMI port and higher-standard output equipment, will that raise it up? Again it may or may not depending on whenever the system comes out.

I may be alone but I think the answer is "yes" And you know this since you work for MS right?.

I rest confident Sony would never pull a fast one on me. In this case sony did pull a "fast one" with the ps1 and the ps2 by making models that were smaller, and faster. Don't forget about the psx.. which was an ps2 for A/V geeks which flopped...

Also sony is planning on realesing and upped ps3 worth $2000 that'll also be for the A/V lovers.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 92 of 98 (0 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41356 posts

Jan 5, 2007
So they're releasing one with the new chip, HDMI, and a 120GB HDD?

Way to spit in the face of early adopters......

Message 93 of 98 (0 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Jan 5, 2007

-Zaku- wrote:

its not official...

people think this is like stated my ms

there is no solid proof at all
Message 94 of 98 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5377 posts

Jan 5, 2007

-Zaku- wrote:

So far it's just a rumor....

If so then I'm pretty sure they will realese a seperate 120 GB HDD that people can get if they really need the space (really to need that much you would have to be a real game head).

Message Edited by Bgamer on 01-05-2007 05:07 PM
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 95 of 98 (0 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41356 posts

Jan 5, 2007

Bgamer wrote:

-Zaku- wrote:

If so then I'm pretty sure they will realese a seperate 120 GB HDD that people can get if they really need the space (really to need that much you would have to be a real game head).

At this point, I see it's a rumor.  I know they've been planning the new chip though.  And for the HDD, they'd have to drop the price of the current one if that.  But 120GB seems overkill.  PS3's 40-60GB is fine so MS shouldn't go overboard with it if it proves true.  They just need a drive that's between 30-60GB is all (IMO).

Message 96 of 98 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15009 posts

Jan 5, 2007
Lame.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 97 of 98 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5377 posts

Jan 5, 2007

-Zaku- wrote:

Bgamer wrote:

-Zaku- wrote:

At this point, I see it's a rumor.  I know they've been planning the new chip though.  And for the HDD, they'd have to drop the price of the current one if that That's what I'm thinking. If you go buy how much the 20GB costs now the 120GB hdd would be more then the 360 itself. therefore the 20GB would have to drop down in price and I'm assuming that the 120GB would be the same price as the 20GB now.....  But 120GB seems overkill Yeah it does..  PS3's 40-60GB is fine so MS shouldn't go overboard with it if it proves true.  They just need a drive that's between 30-60GB is all (IMO) Yeah 30-60 is more then enough.

Message 98 of 98 (0 Views)
0 Likes