Highlighted
May 07 2013
By: Enistachia Survivor 1979 posts

**bleep**: A Film About Women in Gaming.

[ Edited ]
5 replies 195 views Edited May 7, 2013

Here is a good read on Gaming Sexism and some awareness of a documentary that we should all check out when it comes out!!  

Link to the article: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/07/gaming-sexism-documentary-secures-kickstarter-funding/

Check them out and lets start a discussion here about the issues faced and current struggles.

Message 1 of 6 (195 Views)
Survivor
1979 posts

Re: **bleep**: A Film About Women in Gaming.

[ Edited ]
May 7, 2013

I guess this is off topic, but most of the issues are on home, but I understand the organization issues.

Message 2 of 6 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

May 7, 2013

From personal experience, gamer girls are the best. After spending some intimate time, you can go and talk about games or have a couple rounds together, or watch your partner play. It's just so much fun to be with a gamer girl. I will be marrying one in October after 4 and half years together. I've had a few relationships and I've never had as much fun as I've had with my soon to be wife. She's way more of a gamer than me. I usually use my PS3 for Netfilx or PSHome as of late, but she enjoys her games. I like to see her happy when she brings home a new game, or I surprise her with one. If you have a gamer girlfriend, consider yourself lucky.

As far as the topic goes, I feel sorry for females while online as I've seen how they can be treated. When my girlfriend use to go on PSHome, it didn't take long for the pervs to try hitting her up. I myself found it funny at first, but then noticed after a while, she couldn't go anywhere without being harrassed. I could see it kind of bothered her, so she quit playing PSHome. She just stuck to her games and never plays online. Dudes can be pretty stupid sometimes.

Antonio Xul
Message 3 of 6 (155 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10011 posts

May 7, 2013

Anton_Xul wrote:

From personal experience, gamer girls are the best. After spending some intimate time, you can go and talk about games or have a couple rounds together, or watch your partner play. It's just so much fun to be with a gamer girl. I will be marrying one in October after 4 and half years together. I've had a few relationships and I've never had as much fun as I've had with my soon to be wife. She's way more of a gamer than me. I usually use my PS3 for Netfilx or PSHome as of late, but she enjoys her games. I like to see her happy when she brings home a new game, or I surprise her with one. If you have a gamer girlfriend, consider yourself lucky.

As far as the topic goes, I feel sorry for females while online as I've seen how they can be treated. When my girlfriend use to go on PSHome, it didn't take long for the pervs to try hitting her up. I myself found it funny at first, but then noticed after a while, she couldn't go anywhere without being harrassed. I could see it kind of bothered her, so she quit playing PSHome. She just stuck to her games and never plays online. Dudes can be pretty stupid sometimes.

i know what you mean my wife used to Play PS Home but literally everywhere she went someone would hit on her and not even try to have a normal conversation its like most guy gamers on there have the mindset of children lol

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 4 of 6 (134 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
6755 posts

May 7, 2013

I'm interested to see this documentary and if they offer any realistic solutions to this issue. Raising awareness is awesome, but changing this behavior is going to be one big mountain to climb...

Message 5 of 6 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1979 posts

[ Edited ]
May 10, 2013

Trawnza wrote:

I'm interested to see this documentary and if they offer any realistic solutions to this issue. Raising awareness is awesome, but changing this behavior is going to be one big mountain to climb...

It's the same mountain women have been climbing since someone decided to peg females as unequal.  It is a shame that it is still going on to this day.  It is very unnatural and is only taught through social queues and the family circuit.  I was lucky enough to have a lot of  tough female role models allowed into my life that I wonder how can this still be the case.

Message 6 of 6 (54 Views)
0 Likes