Fender Bender
3270 posts

Re: big announcement tomorrow i bet its the ps4

Feb 20, 2013

Danger_Dad wrote:

Dr_Do-Little drawled:

The timing for a pre-christmas release look good. And why else Sony would make such campain...

I dont think Home as we know it will be ported on to the PS4. It's an old architechture first designed for the PS2. But I'm pretty sure the PS4 will have an "Home like" feature. In my own humble opinion the "cloud save" was , beside preventing ISE, a tryout for how the PS4 might work. I find it funny to see 30% of the threads being about Home bugs and 15% asking to keep it on the PS4. 

Having GW announcing the event on here certainly bring hope for all Hommies as for a PS4 Home.

P.S. One thing I do really hope is some kind of compensation on a "new Home" for all the money spent Home. This will dictate if or when I could switch to a new console.

;^) Actually, I just got something like that. PSN sent me a $10.00 credit for "being a loyal customer and fan of the PlayStation®Network." That's pretty cool, though I'm not sure what qualified me.

I did too, as well as many others. Not only Home users. Not clear what qualified people on that.

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 11 of 25 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

Feb 20, 2013

Later it will be merged with the official thread. 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3/Official-PlayStation2013-Discussion-Thread/m-p/... (when its opens)

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 12 of 25 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2039 posts

Feb 20, 2013
LOL. Home will go offline one day. It will run its course and expire, as all things do in life. And when it does...you can rest assured that Sony will not compensate you for ANY monetary expendatures or microtransactions you made on Home, during your participation in the Beta.

And even if they did...what they would offer would be chump change compared to the near $2,000 I have invested into Home, over 4 years time.

No, im sure we all came into this knowing full well that these are virtual items, pixels on a TV screen. We dont OWN them...even if we purchse them. And when Home finally shuts down for good (WAY WAY into the future) you wont be able to keep, sell, trade or take any of your Home items with you. Youre just S.O.L on that one. LOL
I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 13 of 25 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3270 posts

Feb 20, 2013

Yeah I know, thats among the reasons why I dont spend much on home anymore. But one need hope Smiley Happy

I do agree with you that Home will still be on for a couple more years. As long as people are spending enough money to keep it running.

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 14 of 25 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

Feb 20, 2013

LightOfValkyrie wrote:

DCS-Tekken wrote:

if so it means The End Is Nigh!

Will you stop it with that already? Jeez, take your constant negativity elsewhere.

Imaged if that him.

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 15 of 25 (165 Views)
Sackboy
392 posts

Feb 20, 2013
more news on ps3 then is it lol
Message 16 of 25 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
45 posts

Feb 20, 2013
they shoulda waited
Photobucket
Message 17 of 25 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2127 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2013

well after watching the live stream im still not sold on the ps4 they didnt mention price or home or  current psn id access game save data , or gig options so until i hear more im sticking with the ps3,all they talked about was what you cah do with it. people  need to know what it has to offer sure but we also wanna know what we are getting for our money and how much and what it holds

Message 18 of 25 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2127 posts

Feb 21, 2013

al2009man wrote:

Later it will be merged with the official thread. 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3/Official-PlayStation2013-Discussion-Thread/m-p/... (when its opens)

i created this thread first !!

Message 19 of 25 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2127 posts

Feb 21, 2013

Shadow-Runner wrote:
I fail to understand your counter proposal for why Home WONT be ported to PS4. It's based on old architecture, originally designed for PS2. Um...so what? The PS3 didnt have a problem running it on subpar standards. Im sure the PS4 can handle whatever the PS3 could run easily. Hardware-wise, power-wise, tech-wise the PS4 will be as "close to the metal" as it possibly can be for a next gen console....and despite these magnificant, uncanny upgrades in SPECS...you people still dont think Home will run on PS4 much less even be ported to it.

Please state the nature of your logic and how it supports your theories. Of course Home will be on PS4. It might be Home 2.0 by then...it might even be taken out of Beta or be charged a monthly fee. But I doubt the PS4 will feature some kind of Home rip-off APP or need to redesign Home from the ground up, for new hardware.

This isnt the end of Home. Theyre not shutting it down. Sony still wants your money...every wednesday morning, after maintenance. Even well after the PS4 has been announced and on the shelves of retailers world wide, and even after theres a PS4 in every household.

I promise. ^_-

how do you know? do you work for sony? how can you be absolutley sure that  they just  dnt scrap home? how do you know that they wont exclude ps3 users to an upgraded more dimentional interactive home ? you dnt !so assuming that your logic is sound and proof positive is ..well.... unsound and unfounded as well as all the assumptions flying i just posted a question about some things and i do love home and yes altho its my business i spent alot of money home and yes i realize they can take it all away tomorrow without compinsation but until that time comes im talking about how it will all be applied to the ps4 if it is at all .

Message 20 of 25 (78 Views)