Feb 20 2013
By: SpicyEyes5 Gaming Beast 2127 posts

big announcement tomorrow i bet its the ps4

24 replies 508 views Edited Feb 20, 2013

i was wondering GW if they are releasing the ps4 what does that mean for home users will the ps3 people be left in the cold ? will i lose my pshome ? i have spent so much on home for it to be taken away over a new system. i dont think i will support the new system i heard from news sources that the ps4 will not support any other playstation games but that the ps4 will be backward compatible through the internet via real time stream thats sucks and is crap to me . i wanna know if i lose home ?

Message 1 of 25 (508 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Re: big announcement tomorrow i bet its the ps4

Feb 20, 2013

if so it means The End Is Nigh!

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 2 of 25 (504 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3916 posts

Feb 20, 2013

DCS-Tekken wrote:

if so it means The End Is Nigh!

Will you stop it with that already? Jeez, take your constant negativity elsewhere.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 25 (500 Views)
Gaming Beast
2127 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 20, 2013

i dont see how this is going to work

Message 4 of 25 (435 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
314 posts

Feb 20, 2013

SpicyEyes5 wrote:

i dont see how this is going to work

i wouldnt be able to see with spice in my eyes either.

Latest : Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
Message 5 of 25 (403 Views)
Survivor
2039 posts

Feb 20, 2013
Many rumors speculate that is why they put all your home account saves on the servers, last week. With everything on their servers, Home could easily be ported to PS4. They could even make an APP for it. It's just software. A program. And Home definately could be programmed to run on the PS4.

Weather they implement any exclusive features on Home for PS4 owners, is pure speculation. I wouldnt rule it out tho. I mean, PLUS members have been getting the royal treatment for a while now, on PS3 and on Home. Want custom colors, buy PLUS. Want access to exclusive places, buy PLUS. Want exclusive member only features...buy PLUS.

Want PS4 exclusive features in Home? By a PS4.

It'll happen. Home is one of Playstation and Sony's biggest cash cows, right now. Do you have any idea how much money Home makes, per week??? It would be stupid to not port it to PS4.
I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 6 of 25 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3270 posts

Feb 20, 2013

The timing for a pre-christmas release look good. And why else Sony would make such campain...

I dont think Home as we know it will be ported on to the PS4. It's an old architechture first designed for the PS2. But I'm pretty sure the PS4 will have an "Home like" feature. In my own humble opinion the "cloud save" was , beside preventing ISE, a tryout for how the PS4 might work. I find it funny to see 30% of the threads being about Home bugs and 15% asking to keep it on the PS4. 

Having GW announcing the event on here certainly bring hope for all Hommies as for a PS4 Home.

P.S. One thing I do really hope is some kind of compensation on a "new Home" for all the money spent Home. This will dictate if or when I could switch to a new console.

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 7 of 25 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2039 posts

Feb 20, 2013
I fail to understand your counter proposal for why Home WONT be ported to PS4. It's based on old architecture, originally designed for PS2. Um...so what? The PS3 didnt have a problem running it on subpar standards. Im sure the PS4 can handle whatever the PS3 could run easily. Hardware-wise, power-wise, tech-wise the PS4 will be as "close to the metal" as it possibly can be for a next gen console....and despite these magnificant, uncanny upgrades in SPECS...you people still dont think Home will run on PS4 much less even be ported to it.

Please state the nature of your logic and how it supports your theories. Of course Home will be on PS4. It might be Home 2.0 by then...it might even be taken out of Beta or be charged a monthly fee. But I doubt the PS4 will feature some kind of Home rip-off APP or need to redesign Home from the ground up, for new hardware.

This isnt the end of Home. Theyre not shutting it down. Sony still wants your money...every wednesday morning, after maintenance. Even well after the PS4 has been announced and on the shelves of retailers world wide, and even after theres a PS4 in every household.

I promise. ^_-
I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 8 of 25 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

Feb 20, 2013

Dr_Do-Little drawled:

The timing for a pre-christmas release look good. And why else Sony would make such campain...

I dont think Home as we know it will be ported on to the PS4. It's an old architechture first designed for the PS2. But I'm pretty sure the PS4 will have an "Home like" feature. In my own humble opinion the "cloud save" was , beside preventing ISE, a tryout for how the PS4 might work. I find it funny to see 30% of the threads being about Home bugs and 15% asking to keep it on the PS4. 

Having GW announcing the event on here certainly bring hope for all Hommies as for a PS4 Home.

P.S. One thing I do really hope is some kind of compensation on a "new Home" for all the money spent Home. This will dictate if or when I could switch to a new console.

;^) Actually, I just got something like that. PSN sent me a $10.00 credit for "being a loyal customer and fan of the PlayStation®Network." That's pretty cool, though I'm not sure what qualified me.

Message 9 of 25 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3270 posts

Feb 20, 2013

I'm not saying it could not run on the PS4. What I mean is it's reaching it's limit and end of life cycle. A new gen console could do way better. Would there still be a real value for the current Home by the end of the shelf life of the PS4?

In a perfect world there would be a smooth gradual transition with PS3 and PS4 user on the same Home. But we're not in a perfect world.

As much as I love Home and I certainly wish it will be on the PS4. It is plagued with problems and memory restrictions. The recent update kinda proved it. 

So let me rephrase it. Let's hope Home will be on the PS4 as well as a new and improved VR world.

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 10 of 25 (311 Views)
0 Likes