Ghost of Sparta
15343 posts

Re: are there any new posers you have high hopes for?

Dec 3, 2012

chaos_789 wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

JERM7 wrote:

I have high hopes for all new posters.  Unfortunately, most just come to ask their question or make their complaint and then move on.  When someone makes more than ~10 posts, I think they'll stick around and, depending on those posts, it could be a good thing Smiley Wink.

Sadly, this is the case with a lot of new ones. They sign up, post one thread asking for help and maybe reply to it a few times and then that's that. Other side of the coin is the spam/trouble makers who crash and burn doing 200 into a railing.

you also have the people who make a new account and bump a 5 year old thread.

That's true, also don't forget the people who only make a new account to cause trouble, I see that on the fourms a good bit. At least we have gotten some new users that seem promising.

I've seen posters that create multiple accounts to kudo and converse with themselves. This went on for two pages without any interaction from other posters.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 31 of 42 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42149 posts

Dec 3, 2012

darknovaxp wrote:

chaos_789 wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

JERM7 wrote:

I have high hopes for all new posters.  Unfortunately, most just come to ask their question or make their complaint and then move on.  When someone makes more than ~10 posts, I think they'll stick around and, depending on those posts, it could be a good thing Smiley Wink.

Sadly, this is the case with a lot of new ones. They sign up, post one thread asking for help and maybe reply to it a few times and then that's that. Other side of the coin is the spam/trouble makers who crash and burn doing 200 into a railing.

That's true, also don't forget the people who only make a new account to cause trouble, I see that on the fourms a good bit. At least we have gotten some new users that seem promising.

I've seen posters that create multiple accounts to kudo and converse with themselves. This went on for two pages without any interaction from other posters.

What? Smiley Very Happy

W...why?  I can see the fixation on wanting more kudos but talking back and forth with themselves on different accounts?

Message 32 of 42 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
36722 posts

Dec 3, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

darknovaxp wrote:

chaos_789 wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

JERM7 wrote:

What? Smiley Very Happy

W...why?  I can see the fixation on wanting more kudos but talking back and forth with themselves on different accounts?

Oh yeah.  It happens a lot.  For some people it's the only form of positive feedback to validate their lives.

Message 33 of 42 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
36722 posts

Dec 3, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

JERM7 wrote:

Someone watched Scott Pilgrim...

Message 34 of 42 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42149 posts

Dec 3, 2012

DrGadget wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

JERM7 wrote:

Enlighten me.  I've seen Scott Pilgrim (didn't really care for it) but I don't get what you're getting at...

Message 35 of 42 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8267 posts

Dec 3, 2012

MJB2348765 wrote:

OMG_iTz_PANDA wrote:
omagawd i saw my name. i'm happy. ^v^

Thanx peasants

Who are you calling peasants? I don't know about you but we are all bosses here, not peasants.

LOL something is r3ally wrong with you Panda

I like moble as of lately, his posting has gotten better.

I would say everyone before me are Boss type posters except Panda Smiley Tongue

Message 36 of 42 (80 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13633 posts

Dec 3, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

darknovaxp wrote:

chaos_789 wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

JERM7 wrote:

What? Smiley Very Happy

Wait...that happened outside the old MAG forums? 

Wow...

Message 37 of 42 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13633 posts

Dec 3, 2012
IMO, its hard to say if someone is going to be really into the forums, regardless of how much time has passed since they've joined. I feel that its either you're a good participant, a troll, or someone who posts rarely or just has one question/complaint and never posts again. Join date doesn't matter that much, though in some cases it can have an effect (like, bringing up old topics that have been discussed to death already)

I mean, I'll post when I see topics I like and/or have a reason to post (whether its something to add to the topic, a joke, help someone or something else); otherwise I'm not going to appear to be around.
Message 38 of 42 (67 Views)
Welcoming Committee
36722 posts

Dec 4, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

JERM7 wrote:

Enlighten me.  I've seen Scott Pilgrim (didn't really care for it) but I don't get what you're getting at...

The #2 ex (the movie star) was also a professional skateboarder.  Scott goaded him into grinding down an insanely long grind rail.  He was doing great until he got over 200 mph and he did a crash and burn.  On a grind rail.  Like you said.

Scott wins round 2.

Belated spoilers.

Oh the movie came out years ago.  If I'm spoiling it for anyone waah.  That's not the spo9iler anyway.  The real secret was how the... you'll just have to see the movie.

Actually I'd expect everyone here to see Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.  His life is like a big video game and he's quite simply awesome.  Make sure you see it on a large enough TV that you can read all the various pop-ups throughout the movie.  Funny stuff.  This is one of those movies I could watch 6 times in a row and not get sick of it.  There are very few of them.

Message 39 of 42 (47 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Re: are there any new posters you have high hopes for?

Dec 4, 2012

yeah you should have high hopes for me because I'm awesome Smiley Indifferent

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
annasopro.tumblr.com
facebook.com/lawldipstick
twiiter.com/pkmnMasterSoPro

add the gamer girl ;o
Message 40 of 42 (44 Views)
0 Likes