Limit Breaker
25087 posts

Re: any suggestions to memorize these words?

Apr 5, 2007

future_gohan wrote:

Hybrid oo7 wrote:

Evil v2 wrote:
NEVER use flash cards. They waste time to make and are completely pointless.
best steps for me to study nearly 100 words in 45 minutes and get the best grade in class:

1. Print out the words with the definitions
2. Fold the paper hot dog style covering the definitions of each word.
3. Study the words while the definitions are uncovered for a while until you know you can get at least 1/2 of them.
4. Close the cover and test yourself to see if you know the definitions.
5. Try to add on to the number you can do until you find there are just a few you have a hard time with.
6. Mark those words on the list and just study those words alone.
7. Throw every word together once you get comfortable and you're done!

Everyone learns different. When I take the time to write anything down, it just helps. And by literally speaking what you are writing down out loud as if you were talking to someone helps. Then shuffle the flash cards and study again.

I love to use my vocabulary but I must admit, the words you are learning I have only used two.

our teacher makes us learn extremely weird words. I've only used/do use like 5 out of the 200 words he's given us. So I don't really know, I'll never see most of the words again after this year.

Don't worry, you'll see them again. Maybe not when you reach the 9th or 10th grade but when you start taking the big lang. and lit classes, you'll see them

think different
Message 21 of 40 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13055 posts

Apr 5, 2007

sthpark7791 wrote:

future_gohan wrote:

Hybrid oo7 wrote:

Evil v2 wrote:
best steps for me to study nearly 100 words in 45 minutes and get the best grade in class:

3. Study the words while the definitions are uncovered for a while until you know you can get at least 1/2 of them.
5. Try to add on to the number you can do until you find there are just a few you have a hard time with.

Everyone learns different. When I take the time to write anything down, it just helps. And by literally speaking what you are writing down out loud as if you were talking to someone helps. Then shuffle the flash cards and study again.

I love to use my vocabulary but I must admit, the words you are learning I have only used two.

our teacher makes us learn extremely weird words. I've only used/do use like 5 out of the 200 words he's given us. So I don't really know, I'll never see most of the words again after this year.

Don't worry, you'll see them again. Maybe not when you reach the 9th or 10th grade but when you start taking the big lang. and lit classes, you'll see them

Having fun are you? Smiley Tongue

Death is not sad, only life never lived.
~Socrates
Message 22 of 40 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11637 posts

Apr 5, 2007
all u gotta do is memorize 10 wrods thats easy just write them down like 5-10 times each. thats waht id do and it works but i absolutely hate memorizing vocab words
Message 23 of 40 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
20648 posts

Apr 5, 2007
Creating mnemonics, I'd say, is probably the easiest and quickest way.
Message 24 of 40 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8793 posts

Apr 5, 2007

sthpark7791 wrote:

future_gohan wrote:

Hybrid oo7 wrote:

Evil v2 wrote:

When i reach the 9th/10th grade? what grade do you think i'm in?
Message 25 of 40 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8491 posts

Apr 5, 2007
You could make quite a story useing all those words. The most effective way to remember them is by finding ways to use them.
There won't be any custom avatars Smiley Sad
Message 26 of 40 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
25087 posts

Apr 5, 2007

future_gohan wrote:

sthpark7791 wrote:

future_gohan wrote:

Hybrid oo7 wrote:

Evil v2 wrote:

I believe you said you were in the 7th or 8th a while ago.

Message Edited by sthpark7791 on 04-04-2007 10:26 PM

think different
Message 27 of 40 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
25087 posts

Apr 5, 2007

Evil v2 wrote:

sthpark7791 wrote:

future_gohan wrote:

Hybrid oo7 wrote:

Evil v2 wrote:

Having fun are you? Smiley Tongue

Nothing like some forum fun right before hitting the hay, eh?

think different
Message 28 of 40 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8793 posts

Apr 5, 2007

sthpark7791 wrote:

future_gohan wrote:

sthpark7791 wrote:

future_gohan wrote:

Hybrid oo7 wrote:

Evil v2 wrote:

I believe you said you were in the 7th or 8th a while ago.

Message Edited by sthpark7791 on 04-04-2007 10:26 PM

No. I don't think I said that. >_>;;

I'm in the 10th. >__0;;

Message 29 of 40 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
25087 posts

Apr 5, 2007

future_gohan wrote:

No. I don't think I said that. >_>;;

I'm in the 10th. >__0;;

Oops. my apologies then. No offense, but your posts don't show it :/

think different
Message 30 of 40 (0 Views)
0 Likes