Splicer
64 posts

Re: Zune better then Ipod?

Nov 25, 2006

Reaperdak wrote:
I heard the Zen Vision: M beats them both, unless you're one of those ppl who freak out about how thick it is..

I don't have thickophobia. XD
Names Bond, James Bond
Message 11 of 25 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13387 posts

Nov 25, 2006

TyDye wrote:

Ravage Ritual wrote:
I like the Zune. Dunno if its better than the iPod but i really like my Zune

Now I might change my mind then.Smiley Happy

Heres my review i gave Zunescene.com

Good: The Zune is great imo. The screen size is nice. also sound quality is great. its very easy to navigate and what not. The software is pretty nice. easy to use when you get the hang of it but could be a pain if you dont know what your doing. also they have the Zune pass for $15, unlimited downloaded but some artists arent available via Zune pass and you can only buy them (red hot chillipeppers, as i lay dying, ect...). also some artists like Led Zeppelin arent available to buy or download cuz MS doesnt have the rights. But you can add your own *cough* illegally downloaded *cough* music so you dont have to deal with that/ Also there will be no need to buy newer models for a while because all upgrades will be done through firmware updates.

Bad: The screen is nice like i said but it has the same resolution as the ipods smaller screen and even though the screen is in a widescreen format, your videos dont play on the whole screen. they play as though your watching a widescreen movie on a 4:3 TV so you have those little black bars on the top and bottom. I dont know why they didnt have it stretch out...Another bad thing is the battery life. it says 14 hours, which by itself is very short. and to get that you have to have everything at its minimum which sucks. But it doesnt take very long to charge after its first charge so thats good i guess. Also the batteries cant be replaced...so that sucks as well. One more thing thats bad. The Zune Pass. $15 a month? unlimited downloading? zomg the greatest!! Not. once you cancel your subsciption your music is taken off your computer and 3 plays or 3 days later it gets taken off your Zune.

But overall its great. the battery life isnt a problem with me very much though i wish it was longer

if i had to give it a rating: 8.5/10
Message 12 of 25 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Nov 25, 2006

Ravage Ritual wrote:

TyDye wrote:

Ravage Ritual wrote:

Good: The Zune is great imo. The screen size is nice. also sound quality is great. its very easy to navigate and what not. The software is pretty nice. easy to use when you get the hang of it but could be a pain if you dont know what your doing. also they have the Zune pass for $15, unlimited downloaded but some artists arent available via Zune pass and you can only buy them (red hot chillipeppers, as i lay dying, ect...). also some artists like Led Zeppelin arent available to buy or download cuz MS doesnt have the rights. But you can add your own *cough* illegally downloaded *cough* music so you dont have to deal with that/ Also there will be no need to buy newer models for a while because all upgrades will be done through firmware updates.

Bad: The screen is nice like i said but it has the same resolution as the ipods smaller screen and even though the screen is in a widescreen format, your videos dont play on the whole screen. they play as though your watching a widescreen movie on a 4:3 TV so you have those little black bars on the top and bottom. I dont know why they didnt have it stretch out...Another bad thing is the battery life. it says 14 hours, which by itself is very short. and to get that you have to have everything at its minimum which sucks. But it doesnt take very long to charge after its first charge so thats good i guess. Also the batteries cant be replaced...so that sucks as well. One more thing thats bad. The Zune Pass. $15 a month? unlimited downloading? zomg the greatest!! Not. once you cancel your subsciption your music is taken off your computer and 3 plays or 3 days later it gets taken off your Zune.

But overall its great. the battery life isnt a problem with me very much though i wish it was longer

Sounds like Zune may be a little right for my taste.Smiley Wink I kinda didn't care for Ipod Nano. -_-
Names Bond, James Bond
Message 13 of 25 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13387 posts

Nov 25, 2006

TyDye wrote:

Ravage Ritual wrote:

TyDye wrote:

Ravage Ritual wrote:

Sounds like Zune may be a little right for my taste.Smiley Wink I kinda didn't care for Ipod Nano. -_-

yea and i got mine at launch so it has those minor bugs (like all ms products do, i dunno why i didnt wait) but nothing major.

The problems should be fixed or being fixed.

Its the same price as the ipod and you get a bigger screen and you get to be a little different because everyone and their mother has an ipod.

the battery life isnt as good as the iPods but i dunno when your going to listen to 13 hours of consecutive music without a computer nearby to charge it

A few of my friends fell in love with my Zune when i showed it to them. and going to buy one

Even one kid in my class is tryin to sell his iPod video to buy a Zune
Message 14 of 25 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Nov 25, 2006

TyDye wrote:

Ravage Ritual wrote:

TyDye wrote:

Ravage Ritual wrote:

My choice is... Zune. I personally think Zune beats Ipod.Smiley Happy
Names Bond, James Bond
Message 15 of 25 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5105 posts

Nov 25, 2006
i believe the ipod perfects what it has.  the zune doesn't but it has a few more features.
PSN: MR:GREEN_____
Message 16 of 25 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
25087 posts

Nov 25, 2006
I saw it at Compusa and Bestbuy. I would not buy it.

think different
Message 17 of 25 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1019 posts

Nov 25, 2006
Here's a comparison between the Zune, iPod, and the Zen Vision: M..

LINK

I'm trying to decide whether to ask for a Zune or a Zen for Christmas, but idk..I'm torn lol  

Message 18 of 25 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13387 posts

Nov 25, 2006
Also, if your interested, i made a "Unpacking the Zune" thread when i first got it
Message 19 of 25 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2610 posts

Nov 25, 2006
zune is  a pice of sh*t i wanted to buy one then i went to target adn saw the zune up close and played with it a while they button and circle thingy is **bleep** i like the iPod's scroll wheel and jsut the iPod is way better i wouldn't get the Zune even if it was the only elctronic thing i could have in the wrld
PS3 forum glitch hack firmware system
Message 20 of 25 (0 Views)
0 Likes