Gaming Beast
2479 posts

Re: Zelda question

Nov 21, 2006

Clinton514 wrote:
I've played 1 hour of the game. So far all I can say is that it feels like more of the same. Which isn't a terrible thing...but if I'm going to buy the one of the most hyped up games for the year I'd expect a little voice acting NINTENDO.   The experience besides the controller feels very Gamecube-ish.

voice acting would kill the game because its a tradition for link not to talk. Have you ever seen the zelda cartoon it was a disaster.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 14 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
28040 posts

Nov 21, 2006

wierdo gamer wrote:

Clinton514 wrote:
I've played 1 hour of the game. So far all I can say is that it feels like more of the same. Which isn't a terrible thing...but if I'm going to buy the one of the most hyped up games for the year I'd expect a little voice acting NINTENDO.   The experience besides the controller feels very Gamecube-ish.

voice acting would kill the game because its a tradition for link not to talk. Have you ever seen the zelda cartoon it was a disaster.

Well it's up to Nintendo to step up and do it right, because it's next gen and I don't need to read a text in games anymore. I have the same beef with Dead Rising.

Message Edited by Clinton514 on 11-21-2006 04:17 PM
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Get your Portable ID! | Killer Bees on the Swarm
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 14 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3784 posts

Nov 21, 2006

Clinton514 wrote:

wierdo gamer wrote:

Clinton514 wrote:

Well it's up to Nintendo to step up and do it right, because it's next gen and I don't need to read a text in games anymore. I have the same beef with Dead Rising.

I agree that there should be no voice acting.

1.  Tradition is a good point, Link never talks.

2.  It doesn't hurt to read.  You won't die if you read some text boxes here and there.

3.  They're safe with no voices, rather than get a crappy voiceover and have everyone pissed at that.

Go Pre
53, 1:58, 3:12, 4:32
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 14 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
28040 posts

Nov 21, 2006

DarkSeeker wrote:

Clinton514 wrote:

wierdo gamer wrote:

Clinton514 wrote:

I agree that there should be no voice acting.

1.  Tradition is a good point, Link never talks.

2.  It doesn't hurt to read.  You won't die if you read some text boxes here and there.

3.  They're safe with no voices, rather than get a crappy voiceover and have everyone pissed at that.

And if Nintendo sticks to this philosophy they'll continue getting the least attention/money out of all of my consoles again. This kind of stagnant forumla is partially the reason why Nintendo hasn't taken top spot for the last gen, atleast in my eyes.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Get your Portable ID! | Killer Bees on the Swarm
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 14 (0 Views)
0 Likes