Highlighted
Mar 11 2007
By: gotakon Fender Bender 4935 posts

Youtube Removes Yugioh Abridged Series. What The???

11 replies 2 views Edited Mar 11, 2007
Today, when checking on my Youtube subscriptions, I found something very disturbing. Little Kuriboh posted a live action video of his original Yugioh Abridged episode. Well, first of all, if you have not seen episodes from the original “Yugioh the Abridged Series,” try visiting LK's Youtube channel. (Hopefully, when you check, there will still be some of his episodes left to watch.) His videos are great, and he can do amazing voice-overs. So, you may ask, what exactly is the problem?

Well, apparently, Little Kuriboh’s videos, which are satires/parodies taking video clips from the Yugioh TV series, violates some sort of copyright laws. And, in his newest video (above), he reveals that Youtube has removed the first two episodes of his creations from their site. I checked his channel, and lo-and-behold, the earliest episode is Episode 3. Both the first and second episodes were removed on March 8 2007. Luckily, in his blog, he says that he has found an alternate place to host his videos. We’ll just have to sit tight and wait.

Now, one must ask, did Little Kuriboh really commit some sort of copyright infringement? I don’t know much about copyright laws, but I know that people make Anime Music Videos (AMVs) all the time. Those are basically clips from Animes (or video games like Final Fantasy) edited together and thrown on a soundtrack. Most of the songs used in AMVs are copyrighted works. In fact, for a while, I used to get songs by downloading AMVs (before I got my iPod and iTunes.) And if AMVs are protected by fair-use, or whatever copyright loophole, why did Youtube take down LK’s videos, which used only short clips from Yugioh, brought increased awareness to the show, and was extraordinarily original in that it had its own lip-synching and voice-over soundtrack? And the more immediate question is: will the rest of LK’s videos get the boot too?

WATCH HIS VOICE ACTING VIDEO HERE

Message 1 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
11132 posts

Re: Youtube Removes Yugioh Abridged Series. What The???

Mar 11, 2007
his voice acting video ftw i watched it today.  but youtube cant take him down Smiley Mad

Message 2 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
24387 posts

Mar 11, 2007
they took down hank hill speaks the truth because of ''violation of rules'' i said what rules free speech is that against the law
true love waits
Message 3 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11637 posts

Mar 11, 2007
thats copyright infringement its not like he originallyt made yugioh
Message 4 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5925 posts

Mar 11, 2007
I never got done watching all of those they were funny
Message 5 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4935 posts

Mar 11, 2007

animefreak111 wrote:
thats copyright infringement its not like he originallyt made yugioh

well, he did say that he didn't originally make yugioh, but his creations were pretty original, even if they used clips from the show.
Message 6 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8066 posts

Mar 11, 2007
I actually found those shows to be quite funny "the doctors were so busy trying to fix my voice they neglected my eyes"

Its too bad they are being pulled down.
Message 7 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4935 posts

Mar 12, 2007

pinkbikini wrote:
I actually found those shows to be quite funny "the doctors were so busy trying to fix my voice they neglected my eyes"

Its too bad they are being pulled down.

LOL, no way, the best lines are:

"XXXXX  in America" (Bandit Keith)
and
"Screw the rules, I have money." (Kaiba)
and
"Skankity **bleep** **bleep**" (Tea)

The last of which is most useful in real life.
Message 8 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2705 posts

Mar 12, 2007
Wait till Fergie hears about this, she will be so pissed. They cant take him down.

Message 9 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2523 posts

Mar 12, 2007
lol i watched a couple of those videos there pretty funny
Message 10 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes