Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
7611 posts

Re: Your worst injury?

Jul 7, 2013
I started at the top of a mountain road, half a mile of pure downhill goodness. Then, after deciding not to use the brakes "for the full experience," I hit a rock near the end. I then launched over the handlebars of my kick scooter. No helmet, no padding, nothing.

I was pretty bashed up after I came to a full stop about 30-35 feet from the crash. :smileytongue:
FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Message 11 of 95 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
802 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

I haven't had a bad injury yet, but my uncle suffered a pretty bad motorcycle accident, almost lost his leg, he said his leg was just hanging off to the side and that a physical therapist that came through got sick trying to help him lol. 

Message 12 of 95 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3598 posts

Jul 7, 2013
Pretty average. Broke my arm, near broke my leg. Not the worst at all.
Message 13 of 95 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1387 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Had my throat ripped open by a German Shepherd when I was a kid.

He attacked me while a group of kids and my Grandma watched.

Luckily I survived and also blocked out the entire incident and therefore have no fear of dogs, but really don't like it when they bare their teeth at me.

I do however still remember the ride to the hospital and being stitched up, which was extremely painful.

Perhaps this is why I a not a dog person, but a cat person instead?

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Message 14 of 95 (136 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18749 posts

Jul 7, 2013
Fractured finger to the best of my knowledge. I tend not to get hurt very badly.

Second worst would probably be either a really bad sunburn a few years ago where I had huge sun-blisters on my shoulders and the pain was so bad that I could barely turn my head without being in pain. Was a pain trying to sleep, too. Worst part about it was that I was on vacation and had to stay in the hotel room with this all by myself. :smileyindifferent:
Message 15 of 95 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10814 posts

Jul 7, 2013
I haven't had any serious injuries in my life. The worst I had was probably my achilles injury. I somehow injured it in grade 4. But I toughed it out, I continued to play tag lol

Then in grade nine I hurt my leg doing the 12 minute run O.o. Once again, toughed it out.
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Message 16 of 95 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6038 posts

Jul 7, 2013

I remember buying a metal dance pad since I had a couple of games like good ol' Dance Dance Revolution and In the Groove. The dance pad started to wear and eventually the support to hold yourself broke. The circled part is where the part was spiltted.

ddrgame_2261_972852.gif

I should of took the darn thing off or let alone move it to the side because I woke up at night to use the restrooom, went back to my bedroom, and tripped and my leg hit the bar. It wasn't painful, but I couldn't stop freaking out on the amount of blood I was losing. I still have the scar on my leg to this day.

I remember my friends wanted to play basketball, but the park was closed and so were the schools. We decided to trespass, only problem was we had to jump over. I didn't have much trouble jumping over since I had the help of my friends until I landed. My shoe (for whatever reason) fell off and my foot landed on the chain link in which it opens the gate for drivers to pass by. The cut was pretty bad and I started bleeding. The biggest problem was I had to jump back over. My brother looked around the school to see if there's any trash bins and he found a couple to make it easier. I jumped back over safely. Once again, I have another scar.

MLP Christmas Signature photo original_zpsa667ad9b.jpg
Message 17 of 95 (117 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Hehe.  Let's see............  :smileytongue:  

My injuries are all just broken bones.  Nothing too nasty from my perspective, and none of which required surgery.

1st one was my junior year of high school.  Woke up late for school and although my left leg was completely dead and number, I quickly rushed to get in the shower.  While in the bathroom, the feeling came back into the leg while walking over a slick spot on the floor.  The leg came back in full just as my left foot gained traction on the ground.  As a result, I kind of spiraled down while falling and suffered a spiral fracture of my left tibia.  INSANE amount of pain, and as I tried to move my left foot around, I could feel the edges of my fractured tibia scraping against each other.  Thankfully I still had my boxers on, but we had to call my father from work so that I could be carried out to the car and into the ER.  The setting of the bone before putting my leg in a cast was the most painful experience of my life.  Thankfully, the fibula did not fracture so it kept me from needing surgery to screw the bone together.  Was also my first experience with morphine so I'll just say that the memory of the next few days was fuzzy.  lol.

2nd one happened about 4 years ago.  Had suffered some microtears in my right calf muscle as a result of a skiing trip, and was going through physical therapy.  I had to go on a trip out to Arizona for work to present at a meeting with people working on the study I was assigned to.  The therapist had told me that before flying across the country, I needed to ensure I fully stretched out the muscle to keep the blood flow going and to prevent severely painful cramps.  A few minutes before my father arrived to take me to the airport, I was using the stairs in my house to stretch out more and my calf muscle spasmed and thus I dropped down from a height of two stairs onto a hardwood floor with my full body weight.  I fractured eight bones in my right foot from the impact, and when I finally got it x-rayed the doctor said that I basically split my foot in half.  I still flew out to Arizona thanks to the pain medication I was on from the calf muscle tears, and presented at the meeting much to the amazement of my employer and the investigators there.  A few were medical doctors and offered to look at my foot.  When I showed it to them, it was swollen to three times the normal size and a dark purple.  They all said it was broken.  Still, I persevered and just dealt with the pain for another couple of weeks until a co-worker said that if I didn't go to get it looked at, she'd forcefully take me to a doctor.  So I did and that's when the x-ray and the CT Scan showed that there were a TON of fractures in there.  Was put in a walking boot and it healed up in a few months.  To this day, the top of my right foot has a huge lump on it from the bone that was slightly displaced and overcompensated on itself while healing.

3rd one happened a few months after the broken foot.  Was out in Manhattan celebrating my 30th birthday with friends of mine.  Was COMPLETELY inebriated when bars were starting to close, and went to stumble back out with my friends.  I didn't see the edge of the sidewalk and nearly did a faceplant on 5th avenue.  I put my left hand out to break the fall, and instead broke the schaphoid bone on my left wrist.  Went to the ER the next day and they x-rayed it and saw the fracture, but also wanted to do an arthogram to see if there were any ligament/tendon injuries.  (An arthogram is a video x-ray.  So it's like taking a movie of your hand, but with x-rays instead of normal video.  This was done so the doctor could inject a contrast agent in real time to see if it stayed in the TFCC part of the wrist which would indicate no damage.)  There was some slight leakage showing a small tear, but nothing worth surgically repairing.  The one nice thing about being in a cast is that later on, while still in the cast, I went to an Alice in Chains concert and picked up the VIP tickets to get a chance to meet the band before the concert.  They signed a bunch of things, then Jerry Cantrel said that he wanted to sign my cast.  So he wrote "OZZY" on the knuckles then signed the cast.  Mike Inez, Sean Kinney, and Wil DuVall soon followed suit and I still have that cast with their signatures on it.  COMPLETELY awesome.

4th one happened a few weeks after getting my wrist cast off.  Was taking garbage out to the curb when I slipped on some wet leaves at the edge of the driveway.  While trying not to turn my ankle and fall, the medial malleoulus (the ball of my ankle) cracked.  Not a huge fracture, and not broken through to the marrow, but still painful and I had to be in a walking boot, again, and treated it with hydrocodone for the pain.

5th one happened shortly after the bone from break #4 had healed.  Was hanging out with some friends when someone opened a door near to where I was sitting.  My ankle got hit pretty hard by the door when it opened, re-cracking the same spot that had just healed.  (Bones are likely to refracture if stresses are applied to a freshly healed bone).  So back in a boot and more medication.

6th one happened a few weeks back.  Was at the gym doing my normal 60 minutes on the elliptical even though I was really too exhausted to be doing that.  Got distracted by some nice views of ladies stretching where they really shouldn't have been, and had to adjust my footing for........ well......... certain reasons.  :smileywink:  When I moved my foot, I planted it back down where I thought the foot pad would be.  Instead, I caught the edge of it and my ankle started twisting.  To prevent any major soft-tissue damage, I instinctively angled my foot a bit, causing my right big toe to quickly snap backwards.  Dislocated the joint where it meets the foot, and snapped off a piece of the ball-joint of the toe bone.  Thankfully, it did not displace and the toe was re-set back into the joint.  Still hurt, and I still have some bruising present in the area and the toe taped to the one next to it.  Thankfully, the pain went away pretty quickly.  I'm still walking with a limp and have a follow-up in about three weeks for another x-ray to make sure it has healed.  Just taking ibuprofen now.  No need for opiate based medication any more.

Message 18 of 95 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3658 posts

Jul 7, 2013
Does this include mental injuries?
If so:
School. Shot my little confidence to below zero, bullied by everyone including my "friends" and cried myself to sleep every weekday and Sunday.

Might not be psychical pain... Just pain that made suicide a good option in my life.
Message 19 of 95 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1418 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Oh my god Splatter I feel for you man. You should take some self defence classes or something if this still happens.

And my worst injury is amputating my own leg due to it getting some form of cancer that could make the blood rot and kill me. I was extremely poor at the time and since I had to pay for health care (was in America at the time) I paniced and I sliced off my own foot. But this new titanium leg is pretty sweet! XD

Message 20 of 95 (99 Views)
0 Likes