Splicer
83 posts

Re: Your thoughts on this quote.

Dec 11, 2012

I thought I would post weekly but well It will very I have a really good quote and well tell me your thoughts on it. 

Here are my thoughts on the 1st quote.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the sense of friends we always go to them when we need help and we sometimes depend on them but what if for the 1st time there not there for us?

So what I think this is saying is don't depend or put to much faith in your friends it could come back and bite you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote: "Death is a distant rumor to the young."

Message 11 of 33 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
56286 posts

Dec 11, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, and comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

Who said this? Smiley Wink

Moble

Roosevelt, I use that quote often.

"The man in the arena"   Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 33 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Dec 11, 2012

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, and comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

Who said this? Smiley Wink

Moble

Roosevelt, I use that quote often.

"The man in the arena"   Smiley Wink

Very correct.  Perhaps the Best President EVER!  Of course, I am not that old, so that is merely an opinion based on historical record and fact.

The most Bad A guy to ever live in the White HOuse.  He took S from NO ONE.  Imagine if he had Nukes. Smiley LOL

Moble

Message 13 of 33 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11298 posts

Dec 12, 2012

In the end i'll start remembering the bad things that happened to me and i'll start cryinggg.

Message 14 of 33 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Dec 12, 2012

The things you own, wnd up owning you-

Moble

Message 15 of 33 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Dec 12, 2012

renatabls wrote:

In the end i'll start remembering the bad things that happened to me and i'll start cryinggg.

OK, I give up. Who said that and where/when?

It isn't very poignant, but someone must have said it.  Is it your words, or an actual quote.

I would have to say it sounds vaguely familiar.

Moble

Message 16 of 33 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Dec 12, 2012

An Englishman is a person who does things because they have been done before. An American is a person who does things because they haven't been done before.

By.....

ooohhh does that burn you BRIT? Smiley Wink

Moble

Message 17 of 33 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Dec 12, 2012

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Message 18 of 33 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Dec 12, 2012

GOW71 wrote:

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Ricky Bobby Quoting the late, great Colonel Sanders.

Moble

Message 19 of 33 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
56286 posts

Dec 12, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

The things you own, wnd up owning you-

Moble

was that fight club? 

The  ladder of success is best climbed by stepping on the rungs of  opportunity -

Message 20 of 33 (56 Views)
0 Likes