Treasure Hunter
7356 posts

Re: Your first kiss

May 2, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT wrote:

I have never kissed a girl. This is because I am abstinent and am saving myself for marriage, so I do not lust (check girls out) or any behavior related to that nature. It's very difficult to follow this lifestyle--especially with today's social norms--but it's definitely worth the effort Smiley Happy

Random Fact: Did you know epinephrine is 30 times more addicting than heroin? Smiley Surprised

Uh, thats a little extreme...No, thats VERY extreme...you can kiss and show effection without  "lusting" Waiting to have sex before marriage is one thing but, what you're describing is sexual repression...and THAT is unhealthy.

Actually, it's not. Showing affection, such as hugging and what have you, is fine, but kissing leads to impure thoughts. There is no such thing as sexual repression being unhealthy, as some people choose to be single for their entire lives Smiley Wink

If you can show me one study that proved sexual repression as unhealthy, then I'll consider changing my opinion. I apologize for going off topic, but this strikes home with me.

PlayStation MVP Program 2001 to 2016
Message 21 of 40 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
10385 posts

May 2, 2013

S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT wrote:

I have never kissed a girl. This is because I am abstinent and am saving myself for marriage, so I do not lust (check girls out) or any behavior related to that nature. It's very difficult to follow this lifestyle--especially with today's social norms--but it's definitely worth the effort Smiley Happy

Random Fact: Did you know epinephrine is 30 times more addicting than heroin? Smiley Surprised

Uh, thats a little extreme...No, thats VERY extreme...you can kiss and show effection without  "lusting" Waiting to have sex before marriage is one thing but, what you're describing is sexual repression...and THAT is unhealthy.

Actually, it's not. Showing affection, such as hugging and what have you, is fine, but kissing leads to impure thoughts. There is no such thing as sexual repression being unhealthy, as some people choose to be single for their entire lives Smiley Wink

If you can show me one study that proved sexual repression as unhealthy, then I'll consider changing my opinion. I apologize for going off topic, but this strikes home with me.

Never have for me.

[MVP Terms and Conditions][MVP Program][My YouTube Channel]
[
Welcoming Committee][ Motivated, Vigilant, Passionate]
[My Power Shall Be Absolute! #Vergil]
Message 22 of 40 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7356 posts

May 2, 2013

Honestly, I wouldn't know because I haven't kissed a girl, but kissing more than just a peck seems like it would get a person's motor running. When you kissed someone, with more than a peck, did your heart rate increase, begin to persperate, or become more aware of your surroundings? This is from adrenaline and epinephrine rushing through your body, causing 'fight or flight' and physical arousal, such as heightened awaremess.

Message 23 of 40 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

[ Edited ]
May 2, 2013

all true, and only bad if you cant control yourself. And as far as studies go...just watch this, I dont have time to scour the internet to prove my point on how rediculous you're being. And dont worry, you wont go to hell for watching the video, its just a guy talking, the thumbnail isnt related other than the subject matter.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 24 of 40 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7356 posts

May 2, 2013

That was a great video, thanks for sharing Smiley Happy

It also proves my point. At around 1:00 in the video, the guy mentions that kissing releases epinephrine. This hormone is a pleasure hormone and is highly addictive. As such, kissing releases epinephirne, and our bodies want more, thus causing kissing to lead to other things. Slight pecks aren't bad, but heavy kissing, such as French kissing, are not appropriate for those practicing abstinence. I should have been clearer in my intial post about kissing: I meant kissing as a full-fledged kiss, not a peck Smiley Happy Forgive my lack of clarity.

In addition, the guy brought up a wonderful point: "taste testing" for a potential mate, which makes sense. However, as religious, unintelligent, Bible-thumping nutcases, us Jesus freaks believe our God provides us with the best mate possible, so no taste testing is needed.

I believe that those who believe true abstinence is sexual repressing are those who are trying to find a way to justify their lack of moral integrity, which is the moral discombobulation necessary to allow the ability to act on every sexual whim; it is a way to rationalize the extreme selfishness and self-regard pertinent for a promiscuous lifestyle, such as the western world craves.

Message 25 of 40 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

May 2, 2013

S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT wrote:

That was a great video, thanks for sharing Smiley Happy

It also proves my point. At around 1:00 in the video, the guy mentions that kissing releases epinephrine. This hormone is a pleasure hormone and is highly addictive. As such, kissing releases epinephirne, and our bodies want more, thus causing kissing to lead to other things. Slight pecks aren't bad, but heavy kissing, such as French kissing, are not appropriate for those practicing abstinence. I should have been clearer in my intial post about kissing: I meant kissing as a full-fledged kiss, not a peck Smiley Happy Forgive my lack of clarity.

In addition, the guy brought up a wonderful point: "taste testing" for a potential mate, which makes sense. However, as religious, unintelligent, Bible-thumping nutcases, us Jesus freaks believe our God provides us with the best mate possible, so no taste testing is needed.

I believe that those who believe true abstinence is sexual repressing are those who are trying to find a way to justify their lack of moral integrity, which is the moral discombobulation necessary to allow the ability to act on every sexual whim; it is a way to rationalize the extreme selfishness and self-regard pertinent for a promiscuous lifestyle, such as the western world craves.

OK, so the pink part, is a very iffy statement for me. It is by no means 100%...and if you have the moral integrity you claim it wouldnt be a problem really. Every time I hear that, its like your are seriously trying to advocate that kissing turns you into a sex addict...eating chocolate releases alot of the same checmicals that sex does. I have had plenty of chocolate in my life..and I dont feel the need to down a bag of fun-size twix every day.

The red part just made me laugh. Not at the belief, but the way you worded it made me chuckle.

And the yellow part, I basically agree with, although "true abstinence" is a new one for me...really there is just abstinence, and someone decided to one-up everyone by being afraid of girls and refusing to develop in a socially normal way, and labeling it "true-abstinence"  And I know the "western world" is everybodies "fire and forget" catch-phrase for everything that's bad, but educate your self a bit, look at Japan's cuture. I think you'll find they have far surpassed the US when it comes to "a promiscuous lifestyle"

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 26 of 40 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7356 posts

[ Edited ]
May 2, 2013

You provide a very good point: having self control would eliminate such worries, but I follow the teachings of Christ, in Matthew 5:28; the mere act of desiring kissing to go farther is sinful, in the eyes of my God. Self control is absolutely paramount, but it's best put one's self in the situation in the first place Smiley Wink If you know the stove is hot, don't try testing how hot the stove is. Kissing, in my opinion, is a thin sheet of ice that should not be tested because before you know it, you'll be way past kissing.

I believe the saying goes "Better safe than sorry" Smiley Tongue

I have noticed that there is "saving oneself for marriage" and then there's a whole new level: being pure in all areas. I have to say that I am a very devout Christian (as if you couldn't tell already Smiley Very Happy ), and I believe that we shouldn't mix society's standards or our own standards with God's standards, which mean trying one's hardest to be righteous in every sector of life.

EDIT: You have been a very, very good debater, and I appreicate you being very professional and polite Smiley Happy I hope I have responded similarily; I apologize if I haven't.

Message 27 of 40 (94 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6897 posts

May 2, 2013

Am kissing girls: Never happen. I am gay. Kiss bos: many times. First time was this.

I was young boy eigh year old. Best friend is at my house and say "wonder what its like to kiss" and we made kissing on couch. Now I am gay. Still like boys. 

Message 28 of 40 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

May 2, 2013
@the guy who doesn't believe in kissing, Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines. I'm sure he had some kisses and some sex.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 29 of 40 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
10385 posts

May 2, 2013

S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT wrote: 

EDIT: You have been a very, very good debater, and I appreicate you being very professional and polite Smiley Happy I hope I have responded similarily; I apologize if I haven't.

Agreed. I enjoyed reading this from the both of you two.

[MVP Terms and Conditions][MVP Program][My YouTube Channel]
[
Welcoming Committee][ Motivated, Vigilant, Passionate]
[My Power Shall Be Absolute! #Vergil]
Message 30 of 40 (69 Views)
0 Likes