Keyblade Wielder
7471 posts

Re: Your first kiss

May 2, 2013

S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT wrote:

That was a great video, thanks for sharing :smileyhappy:

It also proves my point. At around 1:00 in the video, the guy mentions that kissing releases epinephrine. This hormone is a pleasure hormone and is highly addictive. As such, kissing releases epinephirne, and our bodies want more, thus causing kissing to lead to other things. Slight pecks aren't bad, but heavy kissing, such as French kissing, are not appropriate for those practicing abstinence. I should have been clearer in my intial post about kissing: I meant kissing as a full-fledged kiss, not a peck :smileyhappy: Forgive my lack of clarity.

In addition, the guy brought up a wonderful point: "taste testing" for a potential mate, which makes sense. However, as religious, unintelligent, Bible-thumping nutcases, us Jesus freaks believe our God provides us with the best mate possible, so no taste testing is needed.

I believe that those who believe true abstinence is sexual repressing are those who are trying to find a way to justify their lack of moral integrity, which is the moral discombobulation necessary to allow the ability to act on every sexual whim; it is a way to rationalize the extreme selfishness and self-regard pertinent for a promiscuous lifestyle, such as the western world craves.

Calling epinepherine a "pleasure hormone" is misleading. It used for many medicinal purposes to regulate heart rate and other system fucntions. Not increase them. You sure you didn't mean endorphines which is a feel-good chemcial?  Which is also obtained by exercise, stimulating mental activities, spicy food, pain.  Also I'm pretty sure my wife doesn't get any pleasure when a bee stings her and she shoots that giant needle full of epinepherine into her leg.

I just have a hard time getting on board with that last paragraph much at all. I'll ignore that you just said anyone who doesn't wait until marraige doesn't have moral integrity, and I won't say that people who are religous advocates are overly judgemental.  Moving on... the western world was founded by a bunch of prudes that was escaping the over promiscuous life style of their buddies across the pond.  Which to this day is still rampant and over sexed even by American standards. Cultures all over the world allow multiple wives, and it's illegal here in parts of the US. Japan and the east brought us Anime and Hentai... but the "western world" is over promiscuous?

In general I have a hard time taking much to heart anything a book that has been over produced and translated in muliple languages multiple times.  I wonder if maybe somethings were lost in translation? I'll also try to ignore the fact that religions are basically all a copy/paste of each other starting at different points in history that began as a bunch of guys sitting around a camp fire discussing what the stars meant and made up stories to explain them. But that's another discussion entirely! And I am already way off topic :smileywink:

Message 31 of 40 (638 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
17688 posts

[ Edited ]
May 2, 2013

S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT, this has been fun, and while I wasnt seeking to change your beliefs, an obviously futile endeavor, I hoped to enlighten you a little that kissing, in and of itself, isnt a terrible thing.

But you bring up a valid point that, if you know yourself well enough, and that sort of thing would be considered "thin ice", then by all means avoid it if you feel your morals could be in danger. And I can respect that kind of self control.

And as much as I want to expound on some of the things GOW71 said, it would only serve to totally derail this thread into a discussion of religious history.

Message 32 of 40 (621 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5565 posts

May 2, 2013

Ugh unfortunately it was this grody guy that I will be happy to never see again.

Message 33 of 40 (616 Views)
PlayStation MVP
7312 posts

May 3, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT, this has been fun, and while I wasnt seeking to change your beliefs, an obviously futile endeavor, I hoped to enlighten you a little that kissing, in and of itself, isnt a terrible thing.

But you bring up a valid point that, if you know yourself well enough, and that sort of thing would be considered "thin ice", then by all means avoid it if you feel your morals could be in danger. And I can respect that kind of self control.

And as much as I want to expound on some of the things GOW71 said, it would only serve to totally derail this thread into a discussion of religious history.

I can see that you are very opiniated about this issue, and I understand where you're coming from. To clear things up, I don't "not believe in kissing." I just believe that any type of kissing besides light pecks before marriage leads to someone possibly crossing the boundaries, either physically or in their heart. I think any type of kissing after marriage, with one's husband or wife, is fair game :smileywink:

Yeah, GOW is baiting me, but he knows I won't bite :smileytongue: He has some subliminal desire to educate us religious nutcases and our insane beliefs that a giant invisible man is the ruler of the universe. You can't cure the mentally insane :smileyvery-happy:

GOW, I looked up my notes, and testosterone and endrophines were the chemicals I meant; sorry for getting confused with epinephrine. But my opinion still stands: just because some other cultures are more promiscious than American culture does not mean American society is not promiscuous. If you think that the American culture is not promiscuous, I invite you to be aware of your surroundings for a whole day and notice what you see on TV, the clothes people wear, ads, music, and even video games.

soco signature

bhd clan site
mvp terms
forum rules
Message 34 of 40 (605 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1362 posts

May 3, 2013

Around 6th grade.  She was a friend and it was a few of us hanging at the house so we decided to try out the french kissing thing... Long story short we tried to eat each others faces :smileylol:.  It was laughable more than enjoyable really.  So we laughed, then back to being friends.  Odd things is her mother showed up right as we finished kissing so it had a whole "OH MANNNN, we're busted" feel to it.  We are both married to other people now.  I believe she brought it up and we laughed again about it last time we met.  

BF3 Stats
Message 35 of 40 (595 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7471 posts

May 3, 2013

PaperEspionage wrote:

Ugh unfortunately it was this grody guy that I will be happy to never see again.

LOL "grody" I've heard that used before and seen a reference for the word.  I'm sorry you went through that :smileywink:

Message 36 of 40 (581 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7471 posts

May 3, 2013

S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT wrote:
Yeah, GOW is baiting me, but he knows I won't bite :smileytongue: He has some subliminal desire to educate us religious nutcases and our insane beliefs that a giant invisible man is the ruler of the universe. You can't cure the mentally insane :smileyvery-happy:

GOW, I looked up my notes, and testosterone and endrophines were the chemicals I meant; sorry for getting confused with epinephrine. But my opinion still stands: just because some other cultures are more promiscious than American culture does not mean American society is not promiscuous. If you think that the American culture is not promiscuous, I invite you to be aware of your surroundings for a whole day and notice what you see on TV, the clothes people wear, ads, music, and even video games.

Not baiting, much.... just expressing fact. You are absolutley entitled to your beliefs, have at them! We all need something to believe in.  I absolute believe in a higher power which I stated earlier. Just not the practice of "religion." Some poeple need structure and things to look to for their faith. I just don't. "God" and I are good.  I'm confrmed, was an altar boy for 10 years, and am actually an ordained minister... sooo it's not like I'm ignorant about how things go down :smileywink:

As far as a promiscuous culture, I didn't say Americans were not, just that other cultures are FAR more so. FAR more! Go to Thailand. I am absolutely aware of my surroundings fully, also aware of a bigger picture. We are mild compared to a large part of the world. You know why sex is seen as a bad thing in America? Because it was painted as such by the highly religious settlers that came here first. So it developed into a "this is bad" mindset.  

Message 37 of 40 (580 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5565 posts

May 3, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

PaperEspionage wrote:

LOL "grody" I've heard that used before and seen a reference for the word.  I'm sorry you went through that :smileywink:

Aha it's a real word apparently...and yes me too.

Message 38 of 40 (564 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13455 posts

May 3, 2013

A girl named Betsy at school grade 10...

Message 39 of 40 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4170 posts

May 4, 2013

I haven't had my first kiss yet...

I'm 17 though so its not too bad right?

Message 40 of 40 (64 Views)
0 Likes