Sep 10, 2013
Message 11 of 23 (132 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7215 posts

Re: Your favorite Resident Evil game on any platform

Sep 11, 2013

X-CrimsonDeath-X wrote:

1: Which Resident Evil game is your favorite and why?

2: What are your favorite Resident Evil characters? 

3: What's the funniest moment you had in a 2 player Resident Evil game with a friend?

1. Resident Evil 2.  It was the first one I played, right when I got my PlayStation.

2. Jill Valentine and Wesker.  Sometimes Wesker annoys me because he got pretty ridiculous, though.

3. Not sure.  I played RE5 with a friend, but it was a while ago.

ne1atall wrote:
Amazingly my answers match the OP's perfectly.

So your answers are actually questions? Smiley Tongue  I don't see any answers by OP.

Message 12 of 23 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11752 posts

Sep 11, 2013

While not the scariest, and in fact it's one of the least scariest, Resident Evil 4 stands on top as my favorite Resident Evil. The horror was dusted out the window while the survival was amplified tenfold. It's basically the greatest "survival" game ever invented.

I've liked pretty much all of the Resident Evil characters in their own way, whether it was Barry's hammy dialogue in the first or Wesker for being a constant threat throughout the series. It's hard to say what my favorite one would be... but, if I had to pick then it would probably be the Crimson Head zombies in the Resident Evil remake.

The only time I've ever actually played a co-op Resident Evil with someone else is Resident Evil 5. The experience itself was not a laughing riot, however. More so, when I think back of what made Resident Evil funny was in the very first game. I sat next to my friend on the couch as they played through the game. Having played through the game myself a number of times I already knew where everything was. This being my friend's first time though, I kept them startled and second-guessing the terrors that waited around every corner. If you're a Resident Evil veteran, it's fun torturing first-timers. Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 23 (118 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Sep 11, 2013

JERM7 wrote:

ne1atall wrote:
Amazingly my answers match the OP's perfectly.

So your answers are actually questions? Smiley Tongue  I don't see any answers by OP.

That's exactly my point. I don't like these types of threads where the OP asks for info from us and doesn't give their opinion. Thety just make the thread and disappear into thin air like this one did.........

Message 14 of 23 (116 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1465 posts

Sep 11, 2013

i played RE on PS1 once and never owned a single game Smiley Happy whatd i miss?

photo 4uxeSNX.jpgIn Me

Message 15 of 23 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9942 posts

Sep 11, 2013
1. Hands down Resident Evil 2 for PS1. Sure Resident Evil 1 laid out the groundwork for it but Resident Evil 2 improved upon that in every way possible. I love the setting, the characters, puzzles, the plot, and of course the scares.

2. Sherry, Jill, Leon

(I have to explain though. Sherry became my favorite after RE6 because they actually did extremely well with her character. I love RE1-3 Jill but RE5 Jill should've never happened. But Jill is still amazing nonetheless. Leon was my favorite character until RE4 came out, and gave him a Bruce Willis personality from Die Hard. While RE6 helped his character, RE2 Leon is my favorite iteration of Leon.)

3. Funniest moment I had with a friend was playing coop on RE5. We were at the part where you have to fight Jill. She was crawling on the celing for like 10 minutes and finally my friend just shot her down. It was hilarious.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 16 of 23 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3804 posts

Sep 11, 2013

It's hard to pick just one since there are so many I love.

I love all PS1 RE games, so if I had to choose one, I'd go with RE2. It has even my favorite RE characters, Leon and Claire!

I love Outbreak series too, and I know I've said it countless times in other threads, but they really, I mean REALLY should make a HD version of them for PS3. Or just make Outbreak File #3. Smiley Happy

RE6 is probably my least favorite RE game. RE5 > 6 IMO.

Never played RE remake or Zero, since I don't own Gamecube or Wii. Would love to though!

Message 17 of 23 (106 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9162 posts

Sep 11, 2013

My favorite Resident Evil game has to be Resident Evil 3 is the first one i finished i played the others before but Resident Evil 3 was the first game i i finished i liked the game due to the fact you are in tension a lot especially when Nemesis is after you

My favorite character has to be Jill Valentine also Albert Wesker

My favorite moment is playing Resident Evil 5 desperate escape in professional mode that DLC story is intense especially trying to survive in the last part

KANE-FIRE

Message 18 of 23 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 11, 2013

1: PlayStation 1; Resident Evil 1-3. PlayStation 2; Resident Evil Outbreak File-2, Resident Evil Code Veronica X. Why these titles?

I think they are what really captured the horror game franchise, and really made Resident Evil what it is..or I should say, what it was. The Resident Evil's of today can't match up to the classic/old RE games. Just no competition.

2: Claire Redfield will always be my favorite. I think because over the years, Capcom has really stayed true to her character. They've even used the same voice actress for her, since the original Resident Evil 2. Plus, I think Claire is the only character who hasn't changed looks wise. Chris, Lean, and Jill all have dramatically changed their looks and not for the better.

3: To be honest, it's hard to answer this question. There was some good times with Outbreak File series for the PlayStation 2. Though, nothing really stands out. Then when playing Resident Evil with a 2nd player, we were more focused on surviving and helping each other out. Than trying to have fun. Unless you count shooting chickens as having funny moments. Cat LOL

But I do have a funny moment a few years ago, when the Resident Evl 4 release came out on Gamecube. I had ordered a fresh Resident Evil 3 game off eBay, because I wanted to have the game again. (Just for memories.) And instead, I got back a Resident Evil 4 copy. Though I had paid for Resident Evil 3..and I got it for cheaper too. I never reported back to eBay, incase you're wondering. 

Message 19 of 23 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
295 posts

Sep 11, 2013
I enjoyed Resident evil 5
Message 20 of 23 (85 Views)
0 Likes