Oct 09 2012
By: ProdigyDouch Sackboy 357 posts

Your Favorite Video Game Endings?

[ Edited ]
49 replies 378 views Edited Oct 9, 2012

Video games are a form of art that can sometimes leave a player with a sort of reward and satisfaction at the end of the game, heres my top 5 fav video game endings and why, afterwards let me know wht are ur fav endings and why

5-Kingdom Hearts 2- I know this is pretty generic but, i remember playing this game when it came out and skipped 3 dayz of school to keep playing it, i topped 86 hours on it, the ending was everything you could want, awsome boss, theme, music ,and a happy ending that i look foward to continue in Kingdom Hearts 3

4-Resident Evil 6( Chris Redfields Story)- Yes i know this game just came out and got mixed reviews, but the ending to Chris story was so sad and memorable that made me put it on this list and i beat only a day ago, i dont want to spoil it for those who havnt played, ur in for a bumpy ride.

3-Metal Gear Solid 4-  Where do i even begin with this magnificent ending , to an amazing franchise , to sum it up, you experience the end of Snakes era and see all he went threw and the people around him, but at the end, you see everybody lives improve except for Snakes, he almost comites suicide, losses his dad in front of him, and is faced with the fact that he has a disease that can spread and kill millions, go play this game that made many buy a ps3 a must

2-God of War 3- The epic finally to this story is by far my favorite ps3 game ever,this games stars epic from the beginning 5 minutes all the way to the end, you see Kratos fight of each God 1 by 1 and end up against Zeuz, this final boss is also one of my favorite of all time leading up to Kratos's suicide at the end as he sees the world at end after killing all gods, you feel satisfaction of ending this great franchise but also questions rise up as you see Kratos's body gone after the cutscene with blood trails, never to know if he survived, ending to my favorite Playstation series ever.

1-Shadow of the Colossus- This isint only my favorite ending to a video game, but my favorite video game of all time, you stuck with the fact if killing all the colossus is for the good of things, while everything turns wrong for Wander at the end, to show the fact that a man cannot change his fate and must stand up and accept it, this is why this game is considered a work of art in video games, so many messages can be brought up from his ending, just like a picture is worth a thousand words, and forever my favorite game EVER. 

Message 1 of 50 (378 Views)
Sackboy
489 posts

Re: Your Favorite Video Game Endings?

Oct 9, 2012

Portal 2's ending is one of my favorite endings to any story period. 

Message 2 of 50 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Oct 9, 2012
I can't read most of what you wrote because of the light text. Anyways Final Fantasy 6, Jak 3, Infamous 2(both endings), and give me some time to think, I know there is more.
Message 3 of 50 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 9, 2012

sly 3/sly 2

god of war 2

devil may cry 3

twilight princess

red dead redemption

prince of persia the two thrones(only good ending in the entire franchise)

infamous 2 good/evil

darksiders

ratchet and clank a crack in time

arkham city

WORST ENDINGS

prince of persia 08(love this game to death but that ending was so smh..)

Wet

prototype 2

every assassins creed game(love this series but how come evry game leaves off on a cliffhanger, and the assassins endings just end at a random point)

enslaved

Mortal Kombat(not really a bad ending kind of epic, just the factt that every character i use regularly is now dead and wont be back for  a while)

sonic 06

[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Message 4 of 50 (352 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
967 posts

Oct 9, 2012

Okami.

Photobucket
Message 5 of 50 (346 Views)
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Oct 9, 2012
Red Dead Redemption immediately comes to mind for me. The ending was a bit of shock to the system at first (at least for me), but it fit the tone of the game perfectly and was incredibly memorable.
Message 6 of 50 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Oct 9, 2012
Portal 2
InFamous 2 (Good)
Shadow of the Colossus
Ico
Journey
Message 7 of 50 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3239 posts

Oct 9, 2012

(Before anyone goes off about my #1 pick please understand I am a fan of all game consoles)

5- Portal 2.  A climax to a silly and fun adventure.  And come on the song was great Smiley Tongue

4- Batman Arkham City

Spoiler
Joker dies.... Enough Said.   The ending was beutaful and stunning as the events of what took place in the city unravel. 

3-  Borderlands 2-  Loot loot loot!!!! Seriously though if you havent played the game and seen some of the big shocks you may want to.  

Spoiler
More vaults....... Sounds like the DLC are gonna be epic.

2-  Mass Effect 3-  Ok come on people give the ending less credit than it deserves.  The story was great and the ending left you with a sense of awe and shock.  

1- Gears of War 3-  The game was action driven and all the craziness lead to one thing.  And ending that had answered almost every question you may have had.  Not only that but I felt a sense of completion afterwords.   

MAY THE SQUARE DRIVE YOUR BLADES KRATOS!
Currently playing: FF14, MGSV, Witcher 3.
Message 8 of 50 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Oct 9, 2012

Hands down Streets of Rage 2

But I also really enjoy the ending of Sands of Time, Journey, and Second Sight.

------------------
THIS IS ACE

Team Aceun

Message 9 of 50 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
375 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 9, 2012

Metal Gear Solid 4- hands down the most impressive and amazing ending to a long running video game story ever. It was better than most movies

Red Dead Redemption- this ending just completed what was already such an amazing story. It came full circle and gave meaning to what this game was all about. This was a fantastic game.

Batman Arkham City- very good and shocking ending. It shows that Rocksteady has got some balls for doing what they did.

Max Payne 3- simply badass and awesome. Rockstar is unstoppable when it comes to making a good story

Dead Space 1- I got a softy for a big **bleep** boss

Mafia II- another story that ended with a shocking ending that just felt right, even if it was sad

Hitman Blood Money- secret ending with a vengence. If you didn't find this ending... then you'll be pretty confused as to why there's a new hitman coming out

WORST ENDINGS OF ALL TIME:

Just Cause 2- hopping from ICBM to ICBM while in midair flight fighting a fat guy in a green suit who was already shot several times with grenade launchers but has not even a scratch on him....

Borderlands 1- fighting a giant **bleep**...

Resident Evil 5- the ending.. wouldn't end...ever....and it should have ended when the game began....

And these are only the games I remember on my steam list...some of those PS3 games...my God...

Message 10 of 50 (307 Views)
0 Likes