PlayStation MVP
14082 posts

Re: Your College?

Oct 8, 2013

Akirasolid wrote:

I graduated from A.I., art institute.

We have a campus here in San Fran and I do not see how it is worth the cost! It is EXPENSIVE!

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 31 of 38 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3043 posts

Oct 8, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

Akirasolid wrote:

I graduated from A.I., art institute.

We have a campus here in San Fran and I do not see how it is worth the cost! It is EXPENSIVE!

The cheapest thing to do is go to a cheaper school, get all your gen eds out of the way, get as many scholarships and grants as you can, take as little private loans as you can or not at all and then go to the school you want to go to. That's what I kind of did. My education wasn't cheap but it was a lot better then what some of my classmates had to pay when they finished.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Message 32 of 38 (111 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
50150 posts

Oct 8, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

Hello forum-goers,

I am here to ask a simple question: What college do you hope to attend in the future? If you are in college now, what college is it? And, for those older than that, what college did you go to? And for those who do not/did not want to go to college, what is/was your alternative?

I was just accepted to a number of colleges, but one stood out since it offered me a pretty great scholarship. 

Montana State University in Bozeman. It is a little over 100 miles from Yellowstone. It snows! And the school is pretty solid, too. Oh, did I mention I get to go there cheaply? That was the best part.

I got into some top of the line business schools back in the day, my problem was that if I picked any of them I would graduate with a 6 figure school loan debt and I didn't want to depend on getting an awesome job right out of college or being saddled with all that debt.  I ended up going to a State University and graduating with a 5 figure debt instead :smileytongue:.  

I'd go with the less expensive option personally.

Message 33 of 38 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1465 posts

Oct 8, 2013

im from the school of hard knocks

photo 4uxeSNX.jpgIn Me

Message 34 of 38 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3825 posts

Oct 8, 2013

anyone here go to Oxford?

KZMProductionsGT
Message 35 of 38 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
1617 posts

Oct 8, 2013

Akirasolid wrote:

The cheapest thing to do is go to a cheaper school, get all your gen eds out of the way, get as many scholarships and grants as you can, take as little private loans as you can or not at all and then go to the school you want to go to. That's what I kind of did. My education wasn't cheap but it was a lot better then what some of my classmates had to pay when they finished.

Be careful with this option though. I had dual credit through high school to get some gen ed's out of the way. At the time, I thought it was a great idea. Cheaper than taking the class at college and I would get to graduate earlier. It turns out that with my major/minor, the gen ed's I took as college credit through my high school wouldn't fit in with the courses required in my degree....long story short, if you know what you want to major in and know which college/university you want to end up in, you are better off. 

Message 36 of 38 (76 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14082 posts

Oct 8, 2013

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

anyone here go to Oxford?

I would only go to Oxford if I wanted to get a doctorate and enter the field of research.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 37 of 38 (69 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1020 posts

Oct 8, 2013

Alumnus of Texas A&M University, Class of 2007

Message 38 of 38 (61 Views)
0 Likes